PETA Unleashes Super Tofu Boy

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
I dislike PETA as much as the next guy, but this honestly sounds good-humoured and kind of decent overall. There's none of that obnoxiousness that usually comes with anything PETA-related. I don't know why so many people go and attack them for this.

Viktor Palm

Nov 17, 2010
tried it for a couple of seconds. it`s like meat boy(the newgrounds prototype) only worse and you took away the charm

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
So... I just though I should inform you all of something you should know.

Tofu is made with Calcium Sulfate... which is also known as Gypsum, or Plaster of Paris (remember that white powder you made models with as a little kid in school?) Once you add water, it quickly dries and becomes solid.

Yea. Knowing that REALLY put me off eating the stuff. Hope it does for you too (though by the sound of it, no-one was about to jump at the chance of eating it anyway)

Whichi

Sep 13, 2010
PETA said:
"Meat Boy is a vengeful, bloody cube of rotting animal flesh. And he smells" the PETA website explains.
More childish banter.

PETA said:
"After a short-lived fling with Bandage Girl (sympathy dates, really), he became enraged when he was dumped for the tasty and satisfying Tofu Boy. Once Bandage Girl slept with Tofu Boy and saw all that he had to offer, it was bye-bye beef, hello bean curd."
I love how PETA loves to take a simple nonsense story, that most players probably didn't care for, and turn it around into some sort of propoganda crusade. Not to mention that PETA depicts women as scadalouos whores who will find reason to fuck and stick with "Healthy Option A" because vegetarians and vegans are obviously the superior breed of humans, right?

Maddox deals with vegans in his Hate mail in Episode 1 of the best show in the universe.
http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=bsitu_e01 (skip to 3:46 to start the lulz. He speaks nothing but truth)

Pielikey

Jul 31, 2009
I swear to god every time I hear about PETA I want to murder a koala. I am fucking sick of them.This is VERY no exception.

Besides that, how do they know meat boy is made of animal meat?

EDIT: Also I really want to see what Team Meat have to say about this. I'm sure it will be something hilarious, knowing indie developers.

Anti-Robot Man

Apr 5, 2010
PETA are morons, even if you believe in their cause (which I don't) this is just a waste of time and money. They really do seem to prefer trolling to actually helping animals.

Crowser

Feb 13, 2009
You know I almost wouldn't be pissed at this if they managed to mirror that adorable hand drawn style that SMB had... but that cover looks like shit.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
cursedseishi said:
So far, the only Pro-Vegan thing I've seen is from Scott Pilgrim, and well, when all it takes to beat you is one drop of non-vegan approved products, that's more of a very heavy con.

Too bad they didn't release this on Thanksgiving though, I think I ate half a ham that night, which is way more satisfying than some bland piece of... white stuff (and I already had my fill of that with potatoes).
Hell yeah man, you eat that meat. I once ate an entire (small) chicken to myself because it was cheap and to prove that I could. Today I had a Burger King XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger, and it was awesome.

I want to go eat some meat now...ooh, there's some beef in the fridge!

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
BehattedWanderer said:
zHellas said:
So I had this girlfriend that got REALLY pissed at me for eating veal with Peta Bread.

OT:

Huh... Maybe it'll be good.

I doubt it though.
Was that pun intentional, or just terrible?
It was a joke by Bo Burnham.

ModReap

Gatekeeper
Apr 3, 2008
Considering that I played the first flash meat boy and enjoyed it thoroughly, all I can say to PETA is that, even though I admire your ideals, you really should just DIE IN A *bleeping* FIRE

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
ah you gotta love the pretentiousness of peta, but then again, anyone who actually likes peta should watch the episode of bullshit with penn and teller where they expose them as frauds

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
Ah PETA, your shenanigans know no bounds. Seriously stop pretending your in it for anything other then money and publicity.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
shadowstriker86 said:
ah you gotta love the pretentiousness of peta, but then again, anyone who actually likes peta should watch the episode of bullshit with penn and teller where they expose them as frauds
Dude, I watched that episode... Totally agree with you there!

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
*sees title*
"you've got to be f*ing kidding me"

*sees article*
"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE-ok lol forget it I'm just gonna go back to my whatever it was I was doing before"

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Tofu Boy? I wish to register a complaint about how tasteless this game is.

C'mon, someone had to say it :D

Here's my view of a balanced argument on both sides

Vegans : 17 pages of diatribe about cruelty, environmental issues etc, with a powerpoint presentation and whalesong soundtrack...

Meat Guys: The BK XL Bacon Double Cheese Burger. That is all.