Peter Dille Says PSP Piracy "Sickening"

Imat

Feb 21, 2009
Pocotron said:
MaxTheReaper said:
Who cares what he says?

Seriously, who is he, that I should care about his opinion?
Nobody.
Piracy is just going to happen.
FINALLY SOME SENSE!!!

anyways just put a bomb (virus I forget what they're called) in the PSP. If it gets hacked BOOM!!! Its over! go buy a new one!!!

...thats what Micro$oft would do...
I continue to question everybody who hates Microsoft for making money...Sure Vista had problems, but so does EVERY OS when it's released. Go watch the video of Gates demonstrating 95 or 98, it BSOD's while he's working on it. Go look at old Macs, they're pure crap even this long after release. Microsoft doesn't release inferior products because it wants to steal your cash. Microsoft doesn't even release inferior products.

If you want to attack a company for making money purely at the customer's expense, look at American car companies. The things they produced were awful. They were in it for expensive replacement parts, not the car itself. Enough of this anti-Microsoft because they're a big company nonsense.

But that's off topic. I don't own a PSP, and I don't pretend I don't yoink the occasional game, but it is ridiculous to buy 1 game, decide the entire system is crap, and get everything else from the interwebs.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Onmi said:

If this was any other company, Nintendo, Microsoft, god damn if it was Sega people would be screaming their head off, hell the P-FUCKING-C causes a community wide rage.

Yes homebrew is great, but just cause you CAN pirate games doesn't mean you should! OBVIOUSLY people aren't using Homebrew for just that if PSP GAMES ARE BEING DOWNLOADED! How is this so fucking hard to comprehend? There is no DRM on a PSP, the games are rentable, as well as low costing, their are reviews, demos, game trailers and screen-shots.

Wait i'm sorry, IT'S FUCKING SONY! I FORGOT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO IRRATIONALLY HATE SONY ON HERE (And before anyone gets on my fucking case, I just called them out on being hypocrits, and on YOU all being hypocrits in the Joker DLC topic) I bet if Sony formed a police force and cleaned up you stupid pathetic ignorant hypocrits would shout "Hey screw you let them do what they want!"

It fucking makes me SICK that you people actlike your SO above other gaming communities "No console war exists on The Escapist, we don't fight, we don't act childish" AND WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? ACTING CHILDISH AND SHOWING THAT YOU'RE NO BETTER THEN THOSE SAME COMMUNITIES YOU DERRIDE!

You KNOW who i'm talking to, if you're feeling offended by now you probably going to be hypocritical in your response, how about we don't support a DRM-Free, Rental Provided, Demo Provided, Gameplay Trailers and REVIEW Provided, platform being PIRATED.

SUPPORT THE HOMEBREW BY NOT DOWNLOADING PSP GAMES!
I concur! You know, with less CAPS LOCKS, but I agree nonetheless!

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
Piracy isn't the problem with PSP software sales: the problem is the lack of quality software.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
asinann said:
Piracy isn't the problem with PSP software sales: the problem is the lack of quality software.
There is no lack of quality software, it's overshadowed by the DS and it's massive library, but thats a different discussion all together.

strifemaster

Apr 24, 2009
Malygris said:
"I'm not naive, but I do think that most people are inherently honest. We learned a lot from the music business, and it became so easy and so common to download illegal music - everyone was doing it,"
They've learned nothing! People don't illegally download music simply because it is easier, they do it because Sony BMG (and most other labels) sell music at an outrageously expensive price! "Free music" sounds a lot better than $20 for a CD.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
The problem is that modding the PSP is pretty much the ONLY reason to ever buy one. Because a modded PSP can run any emulated game from 2600 all the way up to N64.

As if it has a game base...

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Chibz said:
The problem is that modding the PSP is pretty much the ONLY reason to ever buy one. Because a modded PSP can run any emulated game from 2600 all the way up to N64.

As if it has a game base...
*sigh* why must people resort to claims that were relevant 3 years ago. I grow tired of these ignorant and out right stupid statements.

EDIT: Now I have not updated this list in some time, but seriously to say the PSP doesn't have any good games is flat out BULLSHIT. Keep in mind this list has not been updated in some time and it is also my own personal selection.

? God of War: Chains of Olympus
? Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core
? Siphon Filter: Dark Mirror
? Siphon Filter: Logans Shadow
? Wipeout Pure
? Wipeout Pulse
? Jeanne D?ark
? Tomb Raider Anniversary
? Castlevania: Dracula X chronicles
? Disgaea
? Star Ocean 1
? Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
? Metal Slug Anthology
? Maga Man Maverick hunter X
? Field Commander
? Warhammer 40k Squad Command
? Armored Core Formula Front
? Star Wars battlefront Renegade Squadron
? Killzone Liberation
? Valkyrie Profile
? All the SOCOM games (3 of them I think)
? Ratchet and Clank: Size matters
? Wild Arms
? Dark Stalkers
? Kingdom of Paradise
? Valhalla Knights
? Valhalla Knights 2
? Star Wars Force unleashed
? R-Type Command
? GTA Liberty City stories
? GTA (cant remember what it was called)
? SWAT
? Loco Roco
? Patapon
? Breath of Fire 3
? Coded Arms 1
? Coded Arms 2
? Daxter
? Final Fantasy 1
? Final Fantasy 2
? Guilty Gear
? Tales of the World
? Lumines
? Lumines 2
? MedEvil Resurrection
? Metal gear games (5 of them)
? Monster Hunter games (2 of them)
? Myst
? Space Invaders Extreme
? N+
? Rainbow Six Vegas
? Siphon Filter Combat Ops
? Tekken Dark Resurrection
? Silent Hill
? Twisted Metal
? Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins
? Untold Legends (2 games)
? Echochrome
? Viewtiful Joe
? Dragon Ball Z (2 of em I think, fighting games)
? Worms (2 games)
? Dynasty Warriors
? Yiggdra Union
? Valkyrie Chronicles
? Dissidia: Final Fantasy
? Star Ocean 2
? Gundam Vs Gundam
? Dynasty Warriors Strike Force
? Mytran Wars
? Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday
? Phantasy Star Portable
? Final Fantasy 13: Agito
? Little Big Planet
? Assassins Creed
? Dante?s Inferno
? Motorstorm
? Tales of Vs
? Persona
? Tenchu Shadow Assassins
? Tenchu Time of the Assassins
? Mega Man Legends
? Soul Eater Battle Resonance
? Prinny: Can I really Be the Hero?
? Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
? Mana Khamia
? Zwei!
? Resistance retribution
? Patapon 2
? Loco Roco 2
? Brave: Warriors Tale
? Planet 51
? Duke Nukem Trilogy
? Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
? Monster Hunter Freedom G2
? Brandish
? Heroes Over Europe
? Musou Tourou
? PyroBlazer
? Garnet Chronicle
? LittleBig Planet
? Monsters Vs Aliens
? Codename Panzers
? Samurai Showdown Anthology
? Persona: Revelations
? .Hack//Link
? Disgaea 2
? The Manny Classic collections
? Sports games if your into that stuff
? Other racing games that you may be interested in
? PS1 classics off the playstation network store soon to be vastly expanded

Pocotron

Mar 16, 2009
@Imat or whatever
I just thought an $ woulda been cooler than an S, i didnt imply anything. geez freakin fanboy

US Crash Fire

Apr 20, 2009
yup thats why i pay for my games and i only buy used ones if i cant find a new copy. to all you other assholes trying to get games for free, thanks for killing the PSP! why would developers make a game when they know thats gonna be stolen? thats why no good games come to the PSP anymore! you ruined it for all of us!

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
strifemaster said:
Malygris said:
"I'm not naive, but I do think that most people are inherently honest. We learned a lot from the music business, and it became so easy and so common to download illegal music - everyone was doing it,"
They've learned nothing! People don't illegally download music simply because it is easier, they do it because Sony BMG (and most other labels) sell music at an outrageously expensive price! "Free music" sounds a lot better than $20 for a CD.
Well if they're pirating because they sell music at an outrageously expensive price, why the hell isn't it working?

All pirating out of spite does is make the developers/publishers have less reason to trust their consumer base and reinforce their suspicions that piracy is the source of all the problems. If half these people who pirate Sony BMG music actually just don't pirate the game, don't buy the music, and tell Sony why they aren't buying the music (backed up with thousands of people doing the same thing for the same reason as you), then this whole thing would go by a lot smoother.

But no, people resort to piracy out of spite. It's the worst way to deal with DRM, expensiveness, or just about any other complaint.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Onmi said:
Jumplion said:
strifemaster said:
Malygris said:
Well if they're pirating because they sell music at an outrageously expensive price, why the hell isn't it working?

All pirating out of spite does is make the developers/publishers have less reason to trust their consumer base and reinforce their suspicions that piracy is the source of all the problems. If half these people who pirate Sony BMG music actually just don't pirate the game, don't buy the music, and tell Sony why they aren't buying the music (backed up with thousands of people doing the same thing for the same reason as you), then this whole thing would go by a lot smoother.

But no, people resort to piracy out of spite. It's the worst way to deal with DRM, expensiveness, or just about any other complaint.
I'll be truthful, I for a short while used my R4 card to pirate new release games, because new games for the DS were at high costs which I believed were unfair.

Then I discovered JB actually lowered the price by age, I learned to conserve my money, I learned some stores don't charge through the nose.

on Wednesday I threw out my burned copy of Okami and Jak III

I had picked up Jak II, Jak III, God Hand, Okami, Jak X: Combat Racing and MSG: Target in Sight for 120ish dollars?

my Modded PS2 only exists to play my games from America and Japan now.
SSSSHHHHHHHHUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN SHUN SHUN SSSSSHUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

But good for you that you bought all those games for a bargain and bought them legitimately. You actually know some business sense and learned the ancient art of saving up. It is easily learned, and surprisingly easy to master.

Oh, and I have to know, do you know if they still sell the MGS pack? The one with MGS1, MGS2, MGS3 and some other MGSs?

Captain_Ne-San

Aug 11, 2008
Here's my thing on this whole Piracy PSP thing. I bought a PSP last year, traded in my DS for it. Sorry to DS lovers but I really can't stand the thing, it's just not my system. After buying my PSP, my boyfriend hacked it.

Since then, yes, I have downloaded pirated games. Honestly I've only played three of them, mostly cause I've only got a 2 gig memory stick and I have to decide between music, wallpapers, PSX games and the PSP game I might play. The last game I downloaded is still in Japanese, I was to anxious to wait for the US release. When I bought my PSP, I just wanted it for the MP3 player and the PSX games. That's what I use it for and sometimes as a universal remote.

I agree with whoever said they'll hack anything. Because my boyfriend would hack the Toaster if it had enough buttons.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Seriously, Seraph, I'm pretty sure nobody wants to actually purchase watered down games on a pathetically small screen. The memory of trying to play Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness on the PSP still harms my eyes. Then by the same token they tried to make it a multi-media player: But nobody wants to buy a movie a second just so they can watch it on a tiny screen, but nowhere else. UNIVERSAL media disc my ... prosterier.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Flying-Emu said:
Ok, read the thread, I'm done here. Jumplion finished your argument. Funny thing, this all ended up feeling more like adding Jumplion as a friend and putting you on ignore, despite it being your argument.

PS: for the record, I'm not a thief. I'm a person who steals. A thief makes it his profession to steal, and usually makes money off of stolen items. I havn't made any money off of the stuff I download. That would be Very very very very *10^100 wrong. Being a thief just conjures up images of me, dressed as Garret from Thief, sneaking around the hallways of the internet liberating rich fat-cat money.

Jumplion said:
But good for you that you bought all those games for a bargain and bought them legitimately. You actually know some business sense and learned the ancient art of saving up. It is easily learned, and surprisingly easy to master.
Whhaaaaaaaa?! Isn't this what you've been grilling me on? I even buy my games at full price and I get you and Emo-face screaming down at me! Fun conversation though. I've been thriving on debate lately. Thanks again.