Peter Molyneux: Natal Bigger Than The Mouse

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Most things are bigger than a mouse
HAAAAAAAAAAA
Seriously though, does anyone listen to Molyneux anymore? And by listen I actually mean listen, not just hear what he says and go 'Dowww' and pat his empty shiny head.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I can't believe they got the biggest bullshitter/all-out-liar (delete as you feel appropriate) to be the PR-type guy on this.

Oct 12, 2009
To be honest I can sort of see his logic.
take the Wii, it's taken a long time to really bring out the best from the developers and there is still huge room for improvement.

However for shame Molyneux. The trackerball predates the mouse by nearly 20 years.
Natal will do nothing revolutionary, it may however influence a better system of the same control method 5-10 years from now.

Hopefully one with less inherent paedophilia.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
This is hilarious, I hope we have a load of people like those people who smashed they're TVs with wiimotes except this time they karate kick it.

Filtertip

Jan 30, 2009
300lb. Samoan said:
Come on now, everybody, he's got a point. It's true that the mouse changed the way we use computers. You spoiled bastards have never been forced to work in a command line environment exclusively so you don't know what a pain in the ass computers used to be, let alone how limited the games were. The Natal does have lots of potential, although there's an equal chance of it succeeding as there is of it failing. And whether or not the Natal will eventually offer us anything of worth will ultimately be up to the creative minds of developers.

Peter Molyneux, on the other hand, should focus his efforts on his true passion and develop the Molyneux Everlasting Hyperbole Machine: based on a design by Willy Wonka, this green machine runs on the dreams of fanboys and outputs a constant stream of heightened expectations followed by harrowing disappointment.

Trust me i know the pain for the command line been working with it alot recently in debian and i hav'nt got my head around much of it the pain makes you miss a GUI really quick.

Natal can possablely do some impressive stuff but i don't see it making much headway into alot of the current games i see if anything it bring new stuff to the fold. But then again trying somthing new is risk and theres nothing more investers are scared of more then is risk. Sorry Molyneux i just don't see it being what you dream it will.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
I don't get the bullshit with bitching about Peter 'hyping'. He's putting time and money in this, ofcourse he's going to make it sound awesome. You don't hear McDonald's saying "The New Big Mac Wrap: It's edible!"

Peter is taking a large hands-on approach to hyping his shit, which means he obviously cares about what he does. You can all ***** about it falling short from what he might've presented it as being, but if you aim for the moon....right? It's his baby and he's obviously excited about it. Take every goddamn marketing statement with a grain of salt, but I dig this guy for being so excited about what he's doing. It shows he cares.

And his games make money, plenty have played and enjoyed them. I'm certain many will mess with Natal and have a fun time. So what if he tells us it gives virtual hummers as long as the ending product results in fun?

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
...Is everything Molyneux says an overestimation of something? Natal may be pretty good, but I doubt it will be Earth shattering...

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
300lb. Samoan said:
Come on now, everybody, he's got a point. It's true that the mouse changed the way we use computers. You spoiled bastards have never been forced to work in a command line environment exclusively so you don't know what a pain in the ass computers used to be, let alone how limited the games were. The Natal does have lots of potential, although there's an equal chance of it succeeding as there is of it failing. And whether or not the Natal will eventually offer us anything of worth will ultimately be up to the creative minds of developers.
This is what I came in to say, since I just knew there would be much anti-Petey talk.

Natal could end up being really very awesome.
It could end up being very bad.
It could also end up filling a niche-want in the market, and see limited success.

The creative door is wide open, and the uses of Natal could range from complete controller replacement (Which I, personally, don't think anyone is ready for), to helpful addition to an already solid formula (Using your body to lean your character in an FPS or something). It's all in the implementation, and I, for one, am excited to see how Natal will turn out.

Yes, we all remember the 'Eye Toy'. But one bad implementation of technology doesn't mean it will absolutely happen again. It certainly has that possibility, no doubt, but I find it hard to believe that Microsoft would spend this much time, energy, and money on something only to make the same mistakes that their competitors made less then 10 years ago.

Again: I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out.
But I will agree that Peter loves to talk, and should probably keep his head down and work.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Gotta give it to him. He still got it in him to make grand statements...will the ground fall from under him though (again!)