Phantom of the Arcade - A Text Adventure

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
By the way, guys, the game simply wouldn't have been possible without the efforts of Mr. paulgruberman there, who steadfastly resisted the urge to stab people while wrestling with some incredibly persnickety code. He'll be in therapy for years to come.
I can imagine... I have a little (...very little) experience messing around with scripts, entities and codes...and my god, the headaches sometimes.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Alright, I finally managed to load the game via downloading the z.8 file and a Z-machine interpreter. I heard that someone had a walkthrough, is that true?

Feb 13, 2008
The_Oracle said:
Alright, I finally managed to load the game via downloading the z.8 file and a Z-machine interpreter. I heard that someone had a walkthrough, is that true?
*whaps you* Play it for a bit before you go to a walkthru. Kids these days... ;)

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil post=6.75152.862886 said:
The_Oracle said:
*whaps you* Play it for a bit before you go to a walkthru. Kids these days... ;)
*whaps root back*

:p

Can has hint for what to give the lanky ghost?

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
The_Oracle said:
The_Oracle said:
*whaps root back*

You don't give the lanky ghost anything... it's the desire to play that counts... think about that for a moment

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
SargentToughie post=6.75152.862963 said:
The_Oracle said:
The_Oracle said:
*whaps root back*

You don't give the lanky ghost anything... it's the desire to play that counts... think about that for a moment
I tried 'playing' with the lanky ghost, and playing Street Fighter, but that didn't work....I'm so confused.

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
I'm really enjoying this, not played any text based games before. So far I'm on 40/95 and on 200 turns, gonna try and muddle my way through the final few ghosts (bored, fat, leaning, manager)

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
SargentToughie post=6.75152.863048 said:
Think... what do you need to play campy old arcade games?
Quarters? Games?

Also, how do you get the E.T. game? I've tried everything but I can't figure out what to do.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
CantFaketheFunk post=6.75152.863096 said:
Just persevere and you'll get it! Don't let that crane game push you around :D
EDIT- I finally got it! I gave the E.T. game to the ghost I was supposed to. Now I just have to figure out how to get the final chapter of that book, right?