Phrases That Make You "Cringe"

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
"Froyo". First of all, I wasn't aware it was so difficult to say "frozen yogurt". Second, it makes me want to punch someone in the dick/ovary when I hear it.

Edit:

And "legit". What the hell is up with everyone saying "legit" all of a sudden? "I'm so hungry, man. LEGIT", like someone is accusing them of lying and they need to clarify that what they're saying is legitimately true. My sister says it all the time, and it annoys the hell out of me.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
KillKill said:
Catchy Slogan said:
I have 2 that I don't like.

I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic but... [insert racist/sexist/homophobic comment here]

No offence but... [insert offensive comment here]
You might like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGjbmywaKMI
This guys great. Thanks for that.

Hipsy_Gypsy

Jun 2, 2011
Gammayun said:
"in a minute" because it never a minute, when its actually sevral minutes why do people lie to me. :(
Oh sweet merciful Jeebus, I know. Especially when it came from my mother or my GCSE and A Level art teacher.

A minute? Let's try A FEW HOURS.

x

Insanity72

Feb 14, 2011
"I'm the Adult, so i'm right"

Just because i make a valid point to contradict your reasoning, doesn't mean you can play that card....

Lawllerskater

Jan 29, 2010
"Stop it! No! AHHHH! RAPE!"

Shut up! I'm doing my thang, and you're shouting rape. It totally messes up the thing I'm doing.

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
Being gay Im exposed to some cringe-worthy slang and terms used by other gay friends. Not flaming gayness, but for instance terms used to describe other men with pokemon-like specificity.

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
"If it were a snake it would have bit me"
Seriously working at walmart has introduced all kinds of hate that i never knew lurked in my heart.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Rabish Bini said:
"I could care less"

It's couldn't you spastic!
Found it weird either way.

In theory Jesus couldn't care less about people. Because his love is infinite, or so I hear.

So his caring, a 100% couldn't be any less because he's not capable of doing so.

Not a faithful guy, just pulling a quick example.

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
xFrankieGirlx said:
Not when they go on the internet and write 'could of'. And I know could've is a contraction, thanks. I already said this in another post, read up.
Ah, I see. Sorry, I should've read a bit farther into the thread.

Blazenwizard

Mar 17, 2010
crimsonshrouds said:
"If it were a snake it would have bit me"
Seriously working at walmart has introduced all kinds of hate that i never knew lurked in my heart.
Holy Crap you just made me think of another one! lol

Since I work in a Candy Store I hear the Phrase "I feel like a kid in a candy store" so often it makes me want to Shin Hadoken whoever utters those words...smh

The Electro Gypsy

Aug 10, 2010
Though this is more pronunciation, when Americans pronounce "Route" as "r-out" instead of "root".

Otherwise "Same difference". That actually makes me feel murderous.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
tbh, any phrase involving 'Noob' to anyone who's a low rank.

Seriously, the guy's just starting out. Cut him some slack. Elitist assholes like that really piss me off, since I can say, for a fact, that we all started out like noobs a long time ago somewhere, and people seem to forget to acknowledge that. If the guy's claiming he's awesome but he's not, I can understand the hate, but 99% of them go to low ranks in online games that are probably just learning how to headshot 99% of the time.

It's annoying.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
just the word fag

I dont know why but to me its the most stupid hateful word ever, and whoever uses it loses all credibility