Pies!

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
It is at this time I introduce to you the famous Australian sporting food, the footy pie.
Then there is the pie found only in my state of South Australia, the pie floater.
And the humble sausage roll, so tasty.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Only an evil, evil bastard would post a thread about meat pies at this ungodly hour, when all the stores are closed and I can't satisfy my hunger. Damn you, damn you to hell and back.

exeuntleft

Jan 15, 2012
Having just been told when agreeing to the terms of service that short, uninteresting comments were discouraged with the use of the example "I like pie", seeing this thread near the top was particularly amusing. That said... I do like pie. I don't have any really delicious looking pictures to post though.

rhizhim said:
pie all and good but what about cake!

This thing is just beautiful.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Actually when I hear pie two other things run in my mind
One dirty and one Pink
I need to get out more

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Instant K4rma said:
Pinkie Pie.

In all seriousness, I've always been a fan of pie, even with my horrible case of being American. Apparently I should take a trip over to Britain and get myself schooled on what a real pie is. I think I'll do that. I've always been envious of you British folk and your accents.
Oh, hell no, there will be no ponies in one of my threads.

I'm visually mincing her up and sticking her in a pie.

I'm not a fan of horse meat, but fuck it, gravy fixes everything.
Dare to even think that a second time and you'll think the Blitz was a walk in the park after Sunday church.

Shepherds Pie is the best. I made a dish of it the other day, Sooooooo good. I have to mix my peas in. I'd cook with them in the pie but only my dad likes them, the others like corn. So we just do plain and do the veggies separate.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
If you put a meat and potato pie near me, I will choke you to death with it. For some reason in my youth I found those things disgusting, one day I liked them and then next I could no longer stand them.

However there is nothing like a good steak and ale pie with thick warm gravy and chips.

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
Always blow on the pie!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpd9AtjWHTg

Shame you didn't bother to look at us Kiwis, Kiwis eat a total of roughly 68 million pies a year. You think you Brits are kings of pies, Ha! compared to us you are rank armatures.
Take a look:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_and_New_Zealand_meat_pie
You Brits don't even seem to have a wiki page dedicated to your pies. So Sad :(

Still gotta admit meat pies are way better than fruit ones and I feel sorry for the poor Americans that have yet to discover the joy of a good hot meat pie. A life without pies is a very sad life indeed.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
The meat pies actually look yummy. As an American, I wasn't sure about it. Sounded odd.

But the images... yes, quite appetizing to look at.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Awesome thread is still going.

For dinner tonight, I have cooked the humble Cottage Pie:

Don't even come at me with a Shepard's Pie. Take that shit away, Cottage is where it's at.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
[Sips English breakfast Tea]

i throughly enjoy a good sausage roll, with Tomato sauce.

but Aussie Sausage rolls taste alot better old chap.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
DeanoTheGod said:
Rusman said:
Daystar I love your threads, they are so true!
Pies are in fact pure awesome in pastry. Every-time I make someone a pie at work, be it Steak and Ale, Game Pie or the new and improved Chicken, Bacon and Leek Pie, I think to myself; that customer gets it.
Where do you work? Becaus Chicken, Bacon and Leek sounds good!
I work in a small village pub in the south of Englishland. It's a pretty nice place actually, good beers, great food (/ego) and some lovely lady barmaids. What more could you ask for?

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
These threads only serve to make me very hungry.

Curse you Daystar, you teen heartthrob you.

I support this thread. Pies (and pasties, sausage rolls, etc.) fucking rock.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Your British pie is actually good.
I'm a Finn so when we say pie it can be a load of different shit.
Basically the same thing but tit looks a bit different.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks pasties and pastries are different to pies? All are equally nom-able though...
Tips_of_Fingers said:
...Oh gods... That's like, more than a cubic foot of meat and pastry in there. Almost as bad as the "Hulk-burger" I've seen in an Aberystwyth pub-4500 calories in it!
By "bad", you mean "good" right?

Daystar Clarion said:
Cheaters :D

I love that there's other stuff on the plate, on the off chance that you're still feeling hungry afterwards.
Haha, cheaters or fucking geniuses? The chips they do at the pub are fucking amazing. To be fair, Keswick is in the middle of the Lake District, a place where people go on really long mountain hikes... The people who order the cow pie have likely earned it after a hard day's walking. I know that's what I'll have done before eating that monstrosity.[/quote]Bow down before me, mere mortals, for I have consumed both these fine dishes! (Hulk burger whilst wasting two years of my life studying modern european languages at UWA, KCP whilst working as an outdoors instructor, unsurprisingly enough in the Lakes!!)

no, I didn't clear either plate

Mar 30, 2010
This thread has inspired me to ditch tonight's pasta effort and instead make the glorious creation that is ...
Ok, it's now official: my shift cannot be over quick enough...