Pimp My Gun: Show your Creations [Image Posting tips in the First post]

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
Wasder said:
I made a rather bad tommy gun. I don't care aabout technical criticism as I generally know jack shit about guns, but feel free to comment about the aesthetics.
I like how you've improvised the wooden bits, but the stock needs neatening a bit.
It might look better with a box magazine like the M240.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Wasder said:
I made a rather bad tommy gun. I don't care aabout technical criticism as I generally know jack shit about guns, but feel free to comment about the aesthetics.
Ya know, I actually like that idea lol it looks pretty good too. And yea, I'd clean up the stock conection just a tad.. Although atm I have no idea how you'd do it. And for the front grip... I wonder if it should be brought up just a little so it isn't mostly floating. Having such a small connection to the gun itself wouldn't be very safe lol

ygetoff

Oct 22, 2008
[http://img63.imageshack.us/i/myweapon48.jpg/]
[http://img717.imageshack.us/i/myweapon47.jpg/]
Click for a larger picture.

Two creations:
The first, a sniper loadout, with a heavily modified Mk. 12 rifle (silencer, rail cover, new rails, hidden backup iron sights, new stock, 20-round PMAG w/Magpul, bipod, new pistol grip, and scope) and an MP5kSD-PDW w/RDS. As this is a realistic-style creation, I welcome any criticism, technical or aesthetic.
The second, a rather fanciful new weapon, with top-mounted GL, silencer, lower-positioned .50 parts. I know that this is pretty much impossible, so aesthetic criticism only please.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Hay guise, I need opinions. Would a gun still be accurate if the barrel came exactly flush with the end of the hand guard, and did not extend any further? I have concept art, and I and want to know if it would be a practical design.

Both guns have barrels; they simply stop at the end of the weapon.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
ygetoff said:
[http://img63.imageshack.us/i/myweapon48.jpg/]
[http://img717.imageshack.us/i/myweapon47.jpg/]
Click for a larger picture.

Two creations:
The first, a sniper loadout, with a heavily modified Mk. 12 rifle (silencer, rail cover, new rails, hidden backup iron sights, new stock, 20-round PMAG w/Magpul, bipod, new pistol grip, and scope) and an MP5kSD-PDW w/RDS. As this is a realistic-style creation, I welcome any criticism, technical or aesthetic.
The second, a rather fanciful new weapon, with top-mounted GL, silencer, lower-positioned .50 parts. I know that this is pretty much impossible, so aesthetic criticism only please.
I see nothing wrong with the SMG, but I have some criticism for the sniper. A ranger plate does not go on a PMAG because they already have the easily-gripped bottoms. It would be pointless as well as impossible. Your scope is a bit too far backward, and the bi-pod looks ugly. The rifle itself is sweet, though. Love what you did with the stock.

Aesthetically, the assault rifle looks smooth and there isn't one specific thing wrong. Mechanically, though, your weapon is not only flawed in design but also has no trigger for the grenade launcher.

I like your setup, but it needs to be ironed out just a touch.

Thamous

Sep 23, 2008
sooperman said:
Hay guise, I need opinions. Would a gun still be accurate if the barrel came exactly flush with the end of the hand guard, and did not extend any further? I have concept art, and I and want to know if it would be a practical design.

They would work, the handguard isn't impeding the firing action but it's not a very logical design. It just seems like a rather bad idea to allow the expanding gasses to vent through something meant to protect your hand. So, working;I suppose, practical;not really.As far as accuracy is concerned, it will be less accurate but only because of the reduced barrel length.

This is my zombie survival kit. The M4 came of a dead soldier lying in the street, but sadly without the grenade launcher.Taped two mags together, you never know when you'll need to reload fast. The folding stock and flashlight make it a bit easier to traverse buildings, nice and ripe with zombies. The launcher I found had to be attached with tape sense their was no rail system witch makes reloading a pain. what sucks even more is that all I found are a bunch of practice grenades, but you never know, maybe I can bluff my way out of something with it. The knife, is well, a knife. No blood on it because why the hell would I get that close to a zombie?

KdS_22

Bada Bing! Wit' A Pipe!
Dec 9, 2009

A light machine gun that's not really based off of any one weapon (that I know of). Any critiques are welcome, I'm not really a gun-guru so if anything is off or strange let me know.

And wow this thread has almost hit 2500 replies? Day-um

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
KdS_22 said:

A light machine gun that's not really based off of any one weapon (that I know of). Any critiques are welcome, I'm not really a gun-guru so if anything is off or strange let me know.

Technically, your gun is a write-off. The PMAG is too far up, the bipod doesn't attach that way and the stock is far too insubstantial to perform on a machine gun.
But you've indicated you don't know much about guns, so I'll ignore that.
Aesthetically, it's not bad. I can see how you would use it, gripping the foregrip with the bipod on the ground. Just refine it technically and it will look better.

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
LordMalachi said:
And for the front grip... I wonder if it should be brought up just a little so it isn't mostly floating. Having such a small connection to the gun itself wouldn't be very safe lol
The classic gangster Thompson front grip also appears to be barely attached; it actually slides onto a metal bar mounted under the barrel and fixes to it with a vertical screw. You're right about the stock, though; the way it's placed it would be impossible to get your thumb around the pistol grip.

ygetoff said:
The first, a sniper loadout, with a heavily modified Mk. 12 rifle (silencer, rail cover, new rails, hidden backup iron sights, new stock, 20-round PMAG w/Magpul, bipod, new pistol grip, and scope)
In addition to what others have said, I must say I'm not fond of that G36 handguard; it looks like it's just been stuck on rather than actually being part of the gun.

ygetoff said:
Obvious issues:

* Your F2000 receiver is missing the stock pad.
* Can't see any way to load the GL.
* RIS rail right in front of the GL is kinda useless.
* Lower module has no trigger, controls or ejection port.
* I'm not really fond of the way the weapon slopes down / forward, it makes it look front-heavy.

KdS_22 said:
Well, really the main issue is I can't see what's supposed to make it anything but a long-barrel assault rifle; a modern LMG will usually either have an outsized box magazine or some type of belt feed, not a totally normal assault rifle-sized mag.

KdS_22

Bada Bing! Wit' A Pipe!
Dec 9, 2009
NimbleJack3 said:
KdS_22 said:

Technically, your gun is a write-off. The PMAG is too far up, the bipod doesn't attach that way and the stock is far too insubstantial to perform on a machine gun.
Aesthetically, it's not bad. I can see how you would use it, gripping the foregrip with the bipod on the ground. Just refine it technically and it will look better.
Ok thanks. Here is the new version. I think I fixed most of the problems with it, besides what Evil Tim said about the magazine. I guess it's really more of a heavy assault rifle than an LMG, but I'm not very knowledgeable on the qualifications for those terms so I'll let y'all decide.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
KdS_22 said:
NimbleJack3 said:
KdS_22 said:

Ok thanks. Here is the new version. I think I fixed most of the problems with it, besides what Evil Tim said about the magazine. I guess it's really more of a heavy assault rifle than an LMG, but I'm not very knowledgeable on the qualifications for those terms so I'll let y'all decide.
Ah ha, much better. The lines are a bit weird at the front of the gun and the PMAG still doesn't look right, but that's probably just me. Otherwise, well done.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Evil Tim said:
LordMalachi said:
And for the front grip... I wonder if it should be brought up just a little so it isn't mostly floating. Having such a small connection to the gun itself wouldn't be very safe lol
The classic gangster Thompson front grip also appears to be barely attached; it actually slides onto a metal bar mounted under the barrel and fixes to it with a vertical screw. You're right about the stock, though; the way it's placed it would be impossible to get your thumb around the pistol grip.
Ooooo I did not know that lol I suppose it works just fine then, but I don't understand why they would have done it that way in the first place... I might have to look it up a lil bit.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
Thamous said:
sooperman said:

They would work, the handguard isn't impeding the firing action but it's not a very logical design. It just seems like a rather bad idea to allow the expanding gasses to vent through something meant to protect your hand. So, working;I suppose, practical;not really.As far as accuracy is concerned, it will be less accurate but only because of the reduced barrel length.
I can patch up functional flaws, such as the hand guard thing, but it would work, right? I mean, the SCAR doesn't have that problem, and neither would a SMG. The setup I had in mind was similar to the P90, but shorter because of the barrel.

And about your zombie loadout; the rifle itself looks very apt for the situation, but a grenade launcher is either rail-mounted or barrel-mounted, but not neither, as your GL is.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
Hey kids, it's opinion time again! I got the idea from my older brother, and I want to know if you fine people think it would work.

The idea is that instead of a fore-grip, you mounted a pistol under your barrel. It would allow you a second weapon to use while you are reloading, and it would be an alternative to, say, a sniper round at mid-range. I have a sample, and I want to know if the design is feasible.

Two spare pistol mags are shown on the far side of the rifle. The pistol can be reloaded normally, and is cocked by sliding the frame backwards, instead of pulling on the slide.

Thamous

Sep 23, 2008
sooperman said:
Hey kids, it's opinion time again! I got the idea from my older brother, and I want to know if you fine people think it would work.

The idea is that instead of a fore-grip, you mounted a pistol under your barrel. It would allow you a second weapon to use while you are reloading, and it would be an alternative to, say, a sniper round at mid-range. I have a sample, and I want to know if the design is feasible.

Two spare pistol mags are shown on the far side of the rifle. The pistol can be reloaded normally, and is cocked by sliding the frame backwards, instead of pulling on the slide.
I guess it would "work" so long as their were no problems chambering the next round. Doesn't seem practical to me though. It looks cumbersome and would be a bit difficult to aim. It simply seems like a better idea to carry a pistol as a stand alone sidearm as opposed to an attachment.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
sooperman said:

The concept is quite cool, but how does the gun fire? When the slide attempts to move backwards, the whole frame will instead jump forward. Perhaps if you attach the frame to the rifle rather than the slide?

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
MeXR said:
I was bored so i just threw stuff out there hehe
feel free to give opinions though :)
Looks nice, I like the shape of the front. Would look even better if you turned the torch into a helical magazine.

My try at the underbarrel pistol concept:

Basic model (MK.23)

Basic model w/ torch

Basic model w/ torch and suppressor

Basic model w/ supressor

The rail attachment clamps onto the frame while still giving the slide room to move. Still haven't worked out how to cock the thing.
Would appreciate feedback and criticism.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
NimbleJack3 said:
The rail attachment clamps onto the frame while still giving the slide room to move. Still haven't worked out how to cock the thing.
Would appreciate feedback and criticism.
Your design is an improvement on mine, methinks, but that was the other side of the coin; you wouldn't be able to cock it. With the slide mounted, the frame would slide like a pump-action shotgun. Also, it would theoretically be just as accurate as the rifle(at mid-range) because it would be in line with the iron sights.

EDIT: Kay fixed it. I mounted the frame to the rifle and added a cocking handle. This should clear up both the frame jumping and the inability to cock the pistol. Whatcha' think?

Cocking handle is highlighted for your convenience.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:

I call shenanigans!!!
this is simply a fancy rip off of my twitter rifle from several pages ago! with the mounted (and removable) SMG :p or the older versions with mounted AR >.>

I think that sounded a lil louder than I meant it to >.<