Pimp My Gun: Show your Creations [Image Posting tips in the First post]

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
LordMalachi said:
I call shenanigans!!!
this is simply a fancy rip off of my twitter rifle from several pages ago! with the mounted (and removable) SMG :p or the older versions with mounted AR >.>

I think that sounded a lil louder than I meant it to >.<
It is 1) more realistic and 2) more practical. An under-mounted SMG would not be accurate or easy to use in bursts. And if you feel cheated, consider it homage.

Opinion on the mounted pistol, Malachi?

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
My attempt at everyones favourite death tool; Sasha

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:
LordMalachi said:
I call shenanigans!!!
this is simply a fancy rip off of my twitter rifle from several pages ago! with the mounted (and removable) SMG :p or the older versions with mounted AR >.>

I think that sounded a lil louder than I meant it to >.<
It is 1) more realistic and 2) more practical. An under-mounted SMG would not be accurate or easy to use in bursts. And if you feel cheated, consider it homage.

Opinion on the mounted pistol, Malachi?
Naw it's all cool, I just woke up to that lol, sorry if I sounded upset.

While I agree the pistol idea is more realistic since It would be a fairly easy mod to any sniper with a rail system, I also agree with Thamous; If all the attachment has to offer is a basic pistol, you might be better off just carrying one. The undermount SMG idea I had could still be fired attached to the rifle in virtually the same manner as the pistol but has prolly 3x the number of rounds and can be fully automatic. It wouldn't be any harder to fire than the pistol, and bursts really wouldn't be difficult either since the weight of the rifle would keep muzzle climb to a minimum. Actually now that I think about it, how would the undermounted SMG be any less accurate than an undermounted Pistol? Or an undermounted 'anything'?

I kinda went off there, I guess if anything I see the pistol as a stepping stone until something with a little more oomf could be perfected. Either the SMG stepping up in pure bullet count, or somehow getting an AR with 15 or less rounds that could still be accurate.

Thus:
Pistol - Step One: Close range defense attachment - Low mag size, Low rate of fire, Low stopping power, Low added weight, removable
SMG - Step Two: Close range defense attachment - High mag size, High rate of fire, Low stopping power, Med added weight, removable
AR - Step Three: Medium range defense attachment - Med/Low mag size, Med/High rate of fire, Med/High Stopping Power, High added weight, fixed

The problem with all three options is how to aim the attachment, a laser sight would be easiest and would work equally well with all three. If the sniper scope was digital it could sighted in for the rifle and the attachment, switching focus at the press of a button, but then if the attchment was removed and put back, it may have to be rezeroed. Using a laser sight attached to the attachment would garentee it stayed zeroed at all times.

I feel the effective killing power of the pistol will be lessened because of the difficulty to aim coupled with the low RoF and Mag size. When a shooter can't aim, "point and click" tends to kill more when coupled with "pray and spray", in moderation of course :p

Now I feel I've said too much and that I've been mean. I'm sorry if I have, but I've been working on the concept for over a year so I have alot of thought to throw out lol. If it turns out I'm wrong and the pistol really is the way to go, then congrats lol

EDIT:

Decided to update the Twitter Rifle to a decent version from .7

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
LordMalachi said:
yay words!
As far as accuracy goes, a pistol wins at medium range against an SMG or a shotgun. Shotgun because... well, it's a shotgun. SMG because of the recoil and any Call of Duty game will tell you that SMGs are generous with recoil.

Two fixes for you, my good sir. Bigger caliber pistol and an extended mag. Still accurate, more stopping power. Put a laser sight on there and both weapons will be zeroed.

The Twitter Rifle looks pretty good in 0.7, by the way. Not so sure an SMG would mount like that, but I'm sure it can work.

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
Chester41585 said:
I've got a couple more...
Let's start with my latest, a Security and Patrol carbine chambered in .44 Magnum.

A prototype laser rifle.

Another CQC Carbine. Likely also chambered in .44 Magnum. I was on a bit of a pistol-caliber binge when I made some of these.
That lazer turns me on

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Wasder said:
Rather random gun based on an MP5

Vintage sub machine gun
Oooo I definatly like the SMG

sooperman said:
LordMalachi said:
yay words!
As far as accuracy goes, a pistol wins at medium range against an SMG or a shotgun. Shotgun because... well, it's a shotgun. SMG because of the recoil and any Call of Duty game will tell you that SMGs are generous with recoil.

Two fixes for you, my good sir. Bigger caliber pistol and an extended mag. Still accurate, more stopping power. Put a laser sight on there and both weapons will be zeroed.

The Twitter Rifle looks pretty good in 0.7, by the way. Not so sure an SMG would mount like that, but I'm sure it can work.
I dind't realize we were using video game stats for recoil and accuracy >.> but alright lol

And I just kinda assumed that the SMG would be made specifically to be mounted that way, assuming it could be done lol. I'll get a redo made soon tho so the pistol grip may be optionally flipped up (thus being able to hold the SMG as a handgaurd) and using a horizontal mag on the SMG. This way laying prone will be more comfortable and the attached weap can stay mounted. I'm not sure if a pistol could have a flip up grip since the mag is inside it... unless it was mauser style and had the mag infront... >.> <.< Imma try this ^^

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
XDDD I'd say a rapier beats a knife, but that's about the only possible thing to beat it

The Mauser-esq pistol by default uses the vertacle mag with 17 rounds - double stacked. But The horizontal 23 round double stacked mag is also available. The horizontal mag does hold the rounds the same way as the P90 even though the pic shows them upright. The Grip shown on the horizontal mag extends out so it can wrap around the magwell, the grip allows holding the main rifle to be more comfortable. The bolt does feature an ambidextrous handle to ease charging, it's ambidextrous to even the weight distrobution during fire.

The ammo scale is as follows: .45ACP / 5.56mm / 7.62mm / ? / .50BMG
The "?" is the result of scaling the .50BMG down untill it actually fit in the ejection port >.> any ideas as to what it would be in reality?

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
LordMalachi said:
The ammo scale is as follows: .45ACP / 5.56mm / 7.62mm / ? / .50BMG
The "?" is the result of scaling the .50BMG down untill it actually fit in the ejection port >.> any ideas as to what it would be in reality?
I think I found the answer to my own question. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the .30-06 would be the closest to my mystery caliber.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
LordMalachi said:
sooperman said:
LordMalachi said:
words go here

I dind't realize we were using video game stats for recoil and accuracy >.> but alright lol

And I just kinda assumed that the SMG would be made specifically to be mounted that way, assuming it could be done lol. I'll get a redo made soon tho so the pistol grip may be optionally flipped up (thus being able to hold the SMG as a handgaurd) and using a horizontal mag on the SMG. This way laying prone will be more comfortable and the attached weap can stay mounted. I'm not sure if a pistol could have a flip up grip since the mag is inside it... unless it was mauser style and had the mag infront... >.> <.< Imma try this ^^
Not the game, obviously, the concept. I mean that even Call of Duty will tell you that more bullets = more recoil.

When you say "pistol grip", you do mean pistol grip and not under-mounted pistol, right? I like the horizontal mag idea, though. That would help with the space the gun takes up. I'd like to see this redo, because what you propose about using the SMG is intriguing.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
sooperman said:
LordMalachi said:
sooperman said:
LordMalachi said:
words go here

Not the game, obviously, the concept. I mean that even Call of Duty will tell you that more bullets = more recoil.

When you say "pistol grip", you do mean pistol grip and not under-mounted pistol, right? I like the horizontal mag idea, though. That would help with the space the gun takes up. I'd like to see this redo, because what you propose about using the SMG is intriguing.
I'm afraid you've been ninja'd. He posted it at http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.131220.5331715

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:

Just look up a few posts ^.^ but here's the current version >.> with vertical mag on the pistol for some reason... I should fix that

And here's some detail on the M010 Machine Pistol

As for the "more bullets = more recoil" idea, yes, but you have the entire weight of a sniper rifle sitting above and behind this thing, recoil will be almost null no matter how you fire it since they're pistol rounds. Really big pistol rounds might still have some decent recoil but otherwise you should be fine. In the case of the M010 it's by default semi auto so it's just like a pistol. But flip it to auto mode and spray as much as you want lol. User's choice.

Btw, for the shotgun attachment, I realize those are grenades >.> but I didn't wanna go back to 0.6 just for that so I scaled them down... though I have no idea if I scaled them small enough...

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
LordMalachi said:
-snip-

Btw, for the shotgun attachment, I realize those are grenades >.> but I didn't wanna go back to 0.6 just for that so I scaled them down... though I have no idea if I scaled them small enough...
I dunno, you could use 30mm grenades or something. How wide are 12 gauge shells?