Pimp My Gun: Show your Creations [Image Posting tips in the First post]

Thamous

Sep 23, 2008
LordMalachi said:
sooperman said:
Not the game, obviously, the concept. I mean that even Call of Duty will tell you that more bullets = more recoil.

When you say "pistol grip", you do mean pistol grip and not under-mounted pistol, right? I like the horizontal mag idea, though. That would help with the space the gun takes up. I'd like to see this redo, because what you propose about using the SMG is intriguing.
Just look up a few posts ^.^ but here's the current version >.> with vertical mag on the pistol for some reason... I should fix that

And here's some detail on the M010 Machine Pistol

As for the "more bullets = more recoil" idea, yes, but you have the entire weight of a sniper rifle sitting above and behind this thing, recoil will be almost null no matter how you fire it since they're pistol rounds. Really big pistol rounds might still have some decent recoil but otherwise you should be fine. In the case of the M010 it's by default semi auto so it's just like a pistol. But flip it to auto mode and spray as much as you want lol. User's choice.

Btw, for the shotgun attachment, I realize those are grenades >.> but I didn't wanna go back to 0.6 just for that so I scaled them down... though I have no idea if I scaled them small enough...
The bolt on your bullpup sniper is not inline with the barrel, the mag isn't in line with the ejection port and neither is the barrel, you might want to fix that.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
Thamous said:
LordMalachi said:
sooperman said:
Not the game, obviously, the concept. I mean that even Call of Duty will tell you that more bullets = more recoil.

When you say "pistol grip", you do mean pistol grip and not under-mounted pistol, right? I like the horizontal mag idea, though. That would help with the space the gun takes up. I'd like to see this redo, because what you propose about using the SMG is intriguing.
Just look up a few posts ^.^ but here's the current version >.> with vertical mag on the pistol for some reason... I should fix that
-snip-

As for the "more bullets = more recoil" idea, yes, but you have the entire weight of a sniper rifle sitting above and behind this thing, recoil will be almost null no matter how you fire it since they're pistol rounds. Really big pistol rounds might still have some decent recoil but otherwise you should be fine. In the case of the M010 it's by default semi auto so it's just like a pistol. But flip it to auto mode and spray as much as you want lol. User's choice.

Btw, for the shotgun attachment, I realize those are grenades >.> but I didn't wanna go back to 0.6 just for that so I scaled them down... though I have no idea if I scaled them small enough...
The bolt on your bullpup sniper is not inline with the barrel, the mag isn't in line with the ejection port and neither is the barrel, you might want to fix that.
Oh come on, this is clearly not about technical aspects. I thought we got over ejection port alignment long ago. In any case, the Kriss Super V defies all three of the criteria you listed, yet it still works. Let people take artistic license here, it's all fictional.

Thamous

Sep 23, 2008
NimbleJack3 said:
Thamous said:
LordMalachi said:
sooperman said:

-snip-

Oh come on, this is clearly not about technical aspects. I thought we got over ejection port alignment long ago. In any case, the Kriss Super V defies all three of the criteria you listed, yet it still works. Let people take artistic license here, it's all fictional.
I simply offered some constructive criticism, he's free to take it or not. You can take all the artistic license you want but at least take the license to also explain how your art works.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
NimbleJack3 said:
LordMalachi said:
-snip-

I dunno, you could use 30mm grenades or something. How wide are 12 gauge shells?
Arent those the lil silver ones? And Im not sure lol

Thamous said:
NimbleJack3 said:
Thamous said:
LordMalachi said:
sooperman said:

-snip-
I simply offered some constructive criticism, he's free to take it or not. You can take all the artistic license you want but at least take the license to also explain how your art works.
Sorry, I neglected to explain how the bullpups ejection works >.<
When the bolt retreats the empty shell is picked up then carried back to the port. The Port Cover (which isn't the bolt, its just a cover) slides down and out of the way for the shell to be ejected at the end. So the bolt is actually under the ejection port and slightly ahead of it.

Btw, with any of my work I desire technical and artistic critism ^^ Since I go for things that are highly realistic. Altho sometimes odd. lol

Anything else need explaining? I'd love to help :)

EDIT

Btw have a new toy ^^

It's an experimental chain fed grenade launcher system. I don't know much about chain fed guns and this is only my second, the first being a rather odd one. So I'm not sure I did it just right, but it looks ok I think. I did forget a charging handle, which I will add tommorow. Otherwise any thoughts?

Stickyreiss

Aug 19, 2009
NimbleJack3 said:
Stickyreiss said:
I've been gone for a while. I made this just now.

Wow, that's good. I've wondered how everything moves together.
ah, found a better example
Revolver: http://science.howstuffworks.com/machine-gun3.htm
Gatling Gun: http://science.howstuffworks.com/machine-gun4.htm
Blowback(somewhat similar to the M16 Direct impingement style): http://science.howstuffworks.com/machine-gun6.htm
Gas Piston(Kalashnikov Gas piston style): http://science.howstuffworks.com/machine-gun7.htm
Belt Fed: http://science.howstuffworks.com/machine-gun9.htm

for a little extra clarification, here again are a comparison of Direct Impingement and Gas Piston

(Ar-15 mechanism)
Unlike conventional gas-operated firearms, direct impingement does away with a separate gas cylinder, piston, and operating rod assembly. High-pressure gas acts directly upon the bolt and carrier thereby saving weight, lowering costs, and reducing the mass of the operating parts. The main disadvantage of direct impingement is that the breech of the firearm becomes fouled more quickly.

(AK-model and many others use this system)
Gas-operation is a system of operation used to provide energy to operate autoloading firearms. In gas-operation, a portion of high pressure gas from the cartridge being fired is used to power a mechanism to extract the spent case and chamber a new cartridge.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Oh gawd so I'm back. It looks like I missed a huge portion of our grip pistol discussion, sorry about that Malachi.

But after much thought and some sweet pics by yourself, I am willing to admit that under-mounted SMGs look awesome enough to balance any advantages pistols may have, though with a semi-auto mode there aren't many.

Umm so yeah I made some guns too. I love me the SCAR so I modded it mkay ^_^ Enjoy, and as always mechanical criticism is welcome, but aesthetic is not.

The first one is a simple assault mod with dot sight and bayonet. Nothing special, really.

The second is an SMG mod that makes use of my hypothetical flat barrel concept, but this one uses gas tubes to funnel the force of the gases away from the hand guard.

DM rifle mod with bipod and shortened, 15-round round mag to allow for prone. The folding foregrip is used in place of the Magpul AFG because the SCAR's body is too tall for it.

Heavy assault version with grenade launcher. The third iron sight is a modded leaf sight that is used to aim the GL.

So a good few yonks ago someone posted on this thread a rifle that was cammo'd for snowy climates and made aerodynamic by inverting the magazine. There has been much debate about this, and I have finally discovered a way to make it plausible, if impractical; stack the bullets a different way. So I did. And it works. The under-mounted dot sight here uses an IR dot that can be seen using the ACOG attachment there.

And finally, a shotgun. It is chambered in 16-gauge shells to allow for more ammo in a magazine.

Stickyreiss

Aug 19, 2009
sooperman said:
Oh gawd so I'm back. It looks like I missed a huge portion of our grip pistol discussion, sorry about that Malachi.

But after much thought and some sweet pics by yourself, I am willing to admit that under-mounted SMGs look awesome enough to balance any advantages pistols may have, though with a semi-auto mode there aren't many.

Umm so yeah I made some guns too. I love me the SCAR so I modded it mkay ^_^ Enjoy, and as always mechanical criticism is welcome, but aesthetic is not.

The first one is a simple assault mod with dot sight and bayonet. Nothing special, really.

The second is an SMG mod that makes use of my hypothetical flat barrel concept, but this one uses gas tubes to funnel the force of the gases away from the hand guard.

DM rifle mod with bipod and shortened, 15-round round mag to allow for prone. The folding foregrip is used in place of the Magpul AFG because the SCAR's body is too tall for it.

Heavy assault version with grenade launcher. The third iron sight is a modded leaf sight that is used to aim the GL.

So a good few yonks ago someone posted on this thread a rifle that was cammo'd for snowy climates and made aerodynamic by inverting the magazine. There has been much debate about this, and I have finally discovered a way to make it plausible, if impractical; stack the bullets a different way. So I did. And it works. The under-mounted dot sight here uses an IR dot that can be seen using the ACOG attachment there.

And finally, a shotgun. It is chambered in 16-gauge shells to allow for more ammo in a magazine.
>So a good few yonks ago someone posted on this thread a rifle that was cammo'd for snowy
>climates and made aerodynamic by inverting the magazine. There has been much debate about
>this, and I have finally discovered a way to make it plausible, if impractical; stack the
>bullets a different way. So I did. And it works.
No No No!!!!!!! Dx

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:

-snip-
Haha well thank you, and I went with a machine pistol just to keep the size down too. I suppose 10 round mags would be available for use as just a semiauto pistol.

Stickyreiss said:
I've been gone for a while. I made this just now.
-snip-
Hey ya wanna try and do somethin like that for the bullpup rifle I did last page? Id be interested in seeing how you would make it work. I only have the vague idea

Aunel

May 9, 2008
My share of killing toys, made between playing bass, and sleeping
This a 8 round semi automatic rifle, it fires .75 cal bullets, which can penetrate 30mm bullet proof steel. This weapon can also load HE or smoke grenades.
This sniper rifle fires 2 stage rockets, the bullets leave the barrel as regular bullets, but after 5000 m the burners ignite and the fins pop out. it can fire 2 types of rockets, HE and IR guided,

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
sooperman said:

Just an FYI: The FN EGLM is a swing-out grenade launcher, the barrel rotates to the side, it doesn't work like the M203.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Aunel said:
This a 8 round semi automatic rifle, it fires .75 cal bullets, which can penetrate 30mm bullet proof steel. This weapon can also load HE or smoke grenades.
This sniper rifle fires 2 stage rockets, the bullets leave the barrel as regular bullets, but after 5000 m the burners ignite and the fins pop out. it can fire 2 types of rockets, HE and IR guided,
unsure why, but the pics aren't loading, for me at least.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
Strategia said:
sooperman said:

Just an FYI: The FN EGLM is a swing-out grenade launcher, the barrel rotates to the side, it doesn't work like the M203.
Damn.
Couldn't get any pics of reloading the Mk. 13, so I just guessed :/

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
LordMalachi said:
Aunel said:
unsure why, but the pics aren't loading, for me at least.
Same problem here. I think your links are broken, Aunel.

mcpop9

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2010
i know this has problems but im tiered now ill update later don't know when

criticize away

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
mcpop9 said:

criticize away
Well there're the obvius size issues, and I assume the charging handle is near the butt of the stock, so I don't understand how that is supposed to work. But otherwise I don't see any problems with it, the double compensator is interesting lol

Looks wise I see no problems, I think the RIS rails even merged fairly well which is hard to do.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
mcpop9 said:

criticize away
I'll agree with Malachi on the awkwardness of the bolt handle (assuming it's bolt-action), because you'll need to point the gun down and pull it up, then raise the long gun back to your shoulder. However, the merging of the RIS with the receiver looks good. Add a trigger guard of some sort (The MK.23 trigger perhaps?) and it'll look great.