Pimp My Gun: Show your Creations [Image Posting tips in the First post]

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Woo! Related Announcment:
So there's a fairly big group on DA that's all about weapon design, and we just had a 2 day discussion on whether or not PMG submissions should be allowed. After one snobbish 3D modeler got fed up and left as soon as there was a hint that us PMGers might win, we did eventually win! Not only having the lone PMG folder closed, but being allowed to post our work in the same folders as everyone elses work! I feel like Dr. King Jr. XD The rules are strict still so no Tacticool and UltraMan guns, but that's alright for a serius design group. BUT the admin also started a second group dedicated to PMG! I'll see where that goes once it's open.

This means PMG is slowly being accepted by the "Art" community as a real form of art and not just a toy!

Now here's a Flicker group you guys could check out in your free time, it's all PMG: http://www.flickr.com/groups/pimpmygun/

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
LordMalachi said:
Woo! Related Announcment:
So there's a fairly big group on DA that's all about weapon design, and we just had a 2 day discussion on whether or not PMG submissions should be allowed. After one snobbish 3D modeler got fed up and left as soon as there was a hint that us PMGers might win, we did eventually win! Not only having the lone PMG folder closed, but being allowed to post our work in the same folders as everyone elses work! I feel like Dr. King Jr. XD The rules are strict still so no Tacticool and UltraMan guns, but that's alright for a serius design group. BUT the admin also started a second group dedicated to PMG! I'll see where that goes once it's open.

This means PMG is slowly being accepted by the "Art" community as a real form of art and not just a toy!

Now here's a Flicker group you guys could check out in your free time, it's all PMG: http://www.flickr.com/groups/pimpmygun/
Good lord man, there's over 5,000 guns in there! Makes our thread look tiny in comparison.

Stickyreiss

Aug 19, 2009
ANNOUNCEMENT
After going through every page in that flickr group, I've realized that I have been slacking off. Therefore, I have a whole new list of projects that I will render in PMG.
1. M1 Abrams MBT (v.2)

2. A Hind D
3. A P-51 "Mustang"

4. F-22 "Raptor"

5. A-10 "Warthog"

6. Bladerunner; Deckard's gun
7. Mateba Autorevolver
8. Automag .44 Magnum
9. Nerf Longshot
10. Compound Bow

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
A simple attempt to create an AR57 (basically an M4 chambered in 5.7x28mm, using P90 mags) created in the old version of PMG:

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Made a sniper, which I personally think is sexy-ass.

Stickyreiss said:
ANNOUNCEMENT
After going through every page in that flickr group, I've realized that I have been slacking off. Therefore, I have a whole new list of projects that I will render in PMG.
1. M1 Abrams MBT (v.2)

2. A Hind D
3. A P-51 "Mustang"

4. F-22 "Raptor"

5. A-10 "Warthog"

7. Mateba Autorevolver
8. Automag .44 Magnum
9. Nerf Longshot
10. Compound Bow
Do all that, and you will be godly.

And one more thing, is there a pmg user group? Should we start one?

Stickyreiss

Aug 19, 2009
Wasder said:
Made a sniper, which I personally think is sexy-ass.

Stickyreiss said:
ANNOUNCEMENT
1. M1 Abrams MBT (v.2)

2. A Hind D
3. A P-51 "Mustang"

4. F-22 "Raptor"

5. A-10 "Warthog"

7. Mateba Autorevolver
8. Automag .44 Magnum
9. Nerf Longshot
10. Compound Bow
Do all that, and you will be godly.

And one more thing, is there a pmg user group? Should we start one?
Made: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Pimp-My-Gun-Aficianados?added=1

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
I made this with the thought of creating a rifle with the gas piston on bottom. That didn't work very well since the magazine got in the way. So, I made it a top-loader with a bipod and laser. Technical & aesthetic criticism welcome.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
Godavari said:
I made this with the thought of creating a rifle with the gas piston on bottom. That didn't work very well since the magazine got in the way. So, I made it a top-loader with a bipod and laser. Technical & aesthetic criticism welcome.
Looks okay. Reloading would be a little awkward, because the magazine points forwards. I like how you've added a rail to the AK reciver, and the choice of colours is good. However, I'm not sure that the laser attaches to rails that way. Perhaps Sticky could clear it up.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
NimbleJack3 said:
However, I'm not sure that the laser attaches to rails that way. Perhaps Sticky could clear it up.
No, the laser dot sight does not have its own rail attachment. You need to use rail mounts.

The rifle looks hardcore, though. Like a light machine gun or something.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Stickyreiss said:
ANNOUNCEMENT
1. M1 Abrams MBT (v.2)

2. A Hind D
3. A P-51 "Mustang"

4. F-22 "Raptor"

5. A-10 "Warthog"

7. Mateba Autorevolver
8. Automag .44 Magnum
9. Nerf Longshot
10. Compound Bow
Go for it!
Godavari said:
Well when I did my double piston idea (top and bottom to even the force out) I figured the bolt could stick out a little on the sides and the bottom piston would split around the mag. complicated yes, but I /think/ it would work ok.

Still, yours looks awesome ^^

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
I just love messing with those gas tubes for some reason. Here is a sniper rifle with two of 'em. In order to avoid the problem of the magazine getting in the way, the bottom tube splits around the magazine, and the bolt has two wings that fan out to the sides a bit (credit to LordMalachi for that idea). This serves to even out the pressure on the bolt and makes for faster chambering of the next round. Plus, it looks totally badass (if I do say so myself). Functional and aesthetic criticism welcome.

So this is a small, lethal dart gun I threw together. The brown tube is the magazine, which holds four darts (as seen in the graphic). It's loaded kind of like some shotguns, where you unhinge the front part and insert the magazine directly behind the barrel. Once you have the magazine in, you hold the red button to build up air pressure (which is indicated by the red/green window on the right). Maximum range is ~100 yards, loses accuracy at 200 feet.

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009

It's the Tacti-Cool BFR. BFR standing for something obvious when you look at the gun.

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
Koeryn said:

It's the Tacti-Cool BFR. BFR standing for something obvious when you look at the gun.
It all looks functional (and very cool), but I'm wondering how you attached the laser without a rail? But whatever. If it looks good then it must work fine, amirite?

Atvomat_Nikonov

Jul 2, 2008
I haven't posted anything here in a while(been waiting for that FAL update), but I just threw this together. It's a hybrid rifle, mixing the AR-15 gas system with the Kalashnikov one. Probably wouldn't work in real life, but it's the aesthetics I was on about(Look of an AR-15 with inner workings of an AK). It's designed to fill a similar role to the M14 EBR, a short barreled 7.62 rifle fit for CQB and Marksman roles.

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
Godavari said:
Koeryn said:

It all looks functional (and very cool), but I'm wondering how you attached the laser without a rail? But whatever. If it looks good then it must work fine, amirite?
It's attached to a short rail, which it covers. ;)

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Godavari said:
I just love messing with those gas tubes for some reason. Here is a sniper rifle with two of 'em. In order to avoid the problem of the magazine getting in the way, the bottom tube splits around the magazine, and the bolt has two wings that fan out to the sides a bit (credit to LordMalachi for that idea). This serves to even out the pressure on the bolt and makes for faster chambering of the next round. Plus, it looks totally badass (if I do say so myself). Functional and aesthetic criticism welcome.

So this is a small, lethal dart gun I threw together. The brown tube is the magazine, which holds four darts (as seen in the graphic). It's loaded kind of like some shotguns, where you unhinge the front part and insert the magazine directly behind the barrel. Once you have the magazine in, you hold the red button to build up air pressure (which is indicated by the red/green window on the right). Maximum range is ~100 yards, loses accuracy at 200 feet.
Well I really like them both, but the rifle looks kinda odd with the little extension in the middle lol, thanks for the credit BTW :)

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
LordMalachi said:
Godavari said:

Well I really like them both, but the rifle looks kinda odd with the little extension in the middle lol, thanks for the credit BTW :)
Yeah, I couldn't find a RIS that was both as long as I wanted and tall enough to fit with the rail on the reciever. So, I went with the little extension. It worked well enough, I think.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010

If you wanna use them just grab the pastie from here and import it, remember to check the box on the import window: http://www.flickr.com/photos/48492756@N06/4449469895/ Just gimmie some credit if you do use them :)

By the way, the blown up views are just that, blown up and not really usefull other than to look at lol.

I don't know why the link isn't clickable, but it still goes to the right place >.>

But I've also got some straight mags and horizontal mags all in both 7.62 and 5.56. If you're interested I'll get them posted here after a nap lol