Pimp My Gun: Show your Creations [Image Posting tips in the First post]

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
I wonder how many people have commented on this thread about how bad guns are....
Either way, the impracticality contest was awesome.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Soushi said:
I wonder how many people have commented on this thread about how bad guns are....
Either way, the impracticality contest was awesome.
As in "anti-gun" stuff? ... I don't think anyone has >.>

But yeah, that's always fun lol

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
LordMalachi said:

I tried really hard to think of a way to get a belt feed to work with this, but I thought it would be too bulky due to the bullpup-ness. I could be wrong though. But I opted for a larger mag then. With the original being a double stacked, the MG mag is quad stacked. I just did the math in PMG, the original mag would hold 24 rounds to a row, so 48 with one in the chamber, and one in the "slide" (the rotation slide to make the roundns face the right way) so 50 rounds. The MG mag would be 96 plus those two, being a very heavy magazine.

If I didn't leave enough theroetical room for spring and whatnot then the bullet count is gonna be a lil lower... but I've never really seen the inside of a mag that wasn't single stacked so I'm not sure on how this would even work >.> but I'm sure it can.

Great design, but the Magazine is off. The P90 (which I'm assuming you're modeling this after) is single stacked. The rounds are horizontal and have to be spun so they're facing the correct direction. What I would do/am going to do, is model the magazine after the Calico SMG. A cylindrical magazine that contains the ammo in a spiral stiarcase-like formation. Still fully useable with your design, as well.

OR

The HK G11 also uses a top load mechanism, but the rounds are forced down and spin inside of the stock, hence the large back-end. Also, the rounds are caseless. Perfect for sniping (no need to police your brass).

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
McNinja said:
LordMalachi said:

I tried really hard to think of a way to get a belt feed to work with this, but I thought it would be too bulky due to the bullpup-ness. I could be wrong though. But I opted for a larger mag then. With the original being a double stacked, the MG mag is quad stacked. I just did the math in PMG, the original mag would hold 24 rounds to a row, so 48 with one in the chamber, and one in the "slide" (the rotation slide to make the roundns face the right way) so 50 rounds. The MG mag would be 96 plus those two, being a very heavy magazine.

If I didn't leave enough theroetical room for spring and whatnot then the bullet count is gonna be a lil lower... but I've never really seen the inside of a mag that wasn't single stacked so I'm not sure on how this would even work >.> but I'm sure it can.

Great design, but the Magazine is off. The P90 (which I'm assuming you're modeling this after) is single stacked. The rounds are horizontal and have to be spun so they're facing the correct direction. What I would do/am going to do, is model the magazine after the Calico SMG. A cylindrical magazine that contains the ammo in a spiral stiarcase-like formation. Still fully useable with your design, as well.

OR

The HK G11 also uses a top load mechanism, but the rounds are forced down and spin inside of the stock, hence the large back-end. Also, the rounds are caseless. Perfect for sniping (no need to police your brass).
Aye I was basing off of the p90, couldn't you in theory make it multi-stacked tho? If you had a way of funnleing the rounds to a single stack just before the "spin"? And I suppose I could go with the G11 idea, I'd have to look into it.

And according to this the p90 is Double stacked >.> unless I'm reading it wrong.

EDIT:
Wikipedia, "Cartridges in the magazine body are double stacked to the left side."

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
LordMalachi said:
McNinja said:
LordMalachi said:

Great design, but the Magazine is off. The P90 (which I'm assuming you're modeling this after) indeed double stacked, but quadruple is a tad much.

OR

Aye I was basing off of the p90, couldn't you in theory make it multi-stacked tho? If you had a way of funnleing the rounds to a single stack just before the "spin"? And I suppose I could go with the G11 idea, I'd have to look into it.

And according to this the P90 is Double stacked >.> unless I'm reading it wrong.
Nah you're reading it right. Quote edited to make me not look like an idiot.

But either way, you have to funnel the rounds, and any more than two would result in jams. and jams are bad. It's like paintball. Sometimes, two balls try to enter the hopper neck, but get stuck because they won't fit.Three could theoretically work, but, as I said, jams would be frequent.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
McNinja said:
-snip-

But either way, you have to funnel the rounds, and any more than two would result in jams. and jams are bad. It's like paintball. Sometimes, two balls try to enter the hopper neck, but get stuck because they won't fit.Three could theoretically work, but, as I said, jams would be frequent.
Hmm... What if, I did two double stacks? and when the first runs out the mag switches to the second set?

Edit:

The red bar being a theoretical pin that opens the second half. See what I'm getting at?

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
LordMalachi said:
McNinja said:
-snip-

Hmm... What if, I did two double stacks? and when the first runs out the mag switches to the second set?
I don't know. I drew out a diagram, and it seems that (if you mean one on top of the other) the top section would have a slight delay on the drop. It could miss the rotator and the rounds could pile up and jam.

What might work is bending tha magazine in half. The top part, above the opening, pushes the rounds forward, and eventually around the bend. it might jam around the bend, but it would have to be tested (might have already been), and since my process at the moment is a marker, a piece of paper, and some wall anchors, you might want to do some research. Like

|-------------------------------------------\
|spring & pusher thingy here --> --> \ \
|_______________________________________ V | <--- Problem
/ | <--- area
<--rounds go thataway <-- <-- < /
--------------------------------------------/

that.

Instead of

|----------------------------------------------------|
| <--rounds go thataway <-- <-- |
| Problem __________________________________________|
| area |
| <--rounds go thataway <-- <-- |
| -------------------------------------------|
|__|____|__|

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
McNinja said:
LordMalachi said:
McNinja said:
-snip-

I don't know. I drew out a diagram, and it seems that (if you mean one on top of the other) the top section would have a slight delay on the drop. It could miss the rotator and the rounds could pile up and jam.

What might work is bending tha magazine in half. The top part, above the opening, pushes the rounds forward, and eventually around the bend. it might jam around the bend, but it would have to be tested (might have already been), and since my process at the moment is a marker, a piece of paper, and some wall anchors, you might want to do some research. Like

-snip-
Well that would work, it would have to funnel down to a single stack at the bend, and then idk how to keep pushing it... but if i looped a really long single stack that would work.

To maybe fix the time issue, start on the top half, that way the drop is full at all times, and find a way for the spring to bend around but stop where the second half would come in, once the spring hits that point, the flap blocking the second half would pop open. There might be a slight lag duing this, but no jams. I think.

Deit:

I did a quick version of what you suggested with a long single stack, that IK would work, but im unsure atm how it would effect bullet count, since the spring would be very large >.>

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
LordMalachi said:
To maybe fix the time issue, start on the top half, that way the drop is full at all times, and find a way for the spring to bend around but stop where the second half would come in, once the spring hits that point, the flap blocking the second half would pop open. There might be a slight lag duing this, but no jams. I think.

Deit:

I did a quick version of what you suggested with a long single stack, that IK would work, but im unsure atm how it would effect bullet count, since the spring would be very large >.>
I think the "slight change" one would work better, as the spring for the other one would have to be huge. I guess that's the reason Magazines don't bend like that. The spring has to force every round to the end. and loading it would be a pain.

But yeah the slight change would only require a small door-like thing and a spring. top half goes first, functions like normal, but the rounds also hold down the red door you made. Upon exhausing top half, the red door is opened by the spring and the bottom gets going. Or just rip off FNH. Their magazine that you edited would also work. Actually, I just thought some more, and switch it. Bottom goes girst, holding door against 2nd level. when that's done, top pushes door down. Still, loading it would be... fun. How many rounds do you want in the magazine? 100? 150? P90 carries 50, so another level would double it.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
McNinja said:
LordMalachi said:

Deit:

I think the "slight change" one would work better, as the spring for the other one would have to be huge. I guess that's the reason Magazines don't bend like that. The spring has to force every round to the end. and loading it would be a pain.

But yeah the slight change would only require a small door-like thing and a spring. top half goes first, functions like normal, but the rounds also hold down the red door you made. Upon exhausing top half, the red door is opened by the spring and the bottom gets going. Or just rip off FNH. Their magazine that you edited would also work. Actually, I just thought some more, and switch it. Bottom goes girst, holding door against 2nd level. when that's done, top pushes door down. Still, loading it would be... fun. How many rounds do you want in the magazine? 100? 150? P90 carries 50, so another level would double it.
Haha yeah loading would be fun alright, but I was going for about 100.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
LordMalachi said:
The marksman rifle seems just a tad out of place "looks" wise, but I'm not sure why atm. Still great, just ... idk. I'll explain more if I figure it out better lol. Keep it up ^.^
I think the bipod and extra handguard look wierd to you. They look off to me, so that might be it.

The guns are cool by the way.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:
LordMalachi said:
The marksman rifle seems just a tad out of place "looks" wise, but I'm not sure why atm. Still great, just ... idk. I'll explain more if I figure it out better lol. Keep it up ^.^
I think the bipod and extra handguard look wierd to you. They look off to me, so that might be it.

The guns are cool by the way.
Yeah i think thats it, the bipods ok, just somethin about the extra handgard seems off

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
Yay new rifle

The rifle is semi-auto, but the bolt is still place to allow the manual loading of unorthodox or custom ammo directly into the chamber. Pictured are 20mm grenade, tracer round, and FMJ round, from top to bottom.

[sub]Yes I cheated a little...[/sub]

Thoughts?

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:
Yay new rifle

The rifle is semi-auto, but the bolt is still place to allow the manual loading of unorthodox or custom ammo directly into the chamber. Pictured are 20mm grenade, tracer round, and FMJ round, from top to bottom.

Thoughts?
Honestly it scares me a little lol

Unfortunatly I made that from scratch, and then forgot to save the import code >.< so I doubt I'll be editing this version anymore. But Just as the advertising said, it now comes in 7.62mm, although only with 15 round mags.

Thoughts?

TheSentinel

May 10, 2008
LordMalachi said:
Unfortunatly I made that from scratch, and then forgot to save the import code >.< so I doubt I'll be editing this version anymore. But Just as the advertising said, it now comes in 7.62mm, although only with 15 round mags.

Thoughts?
Seems a bit bulky. On the other hand, if I saw an enemy using that thing, I'd probably shit myself.

So, yes. Is very good.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Sentinel10 said:
LordMalachi said:

Thoughts?
Seems a bit bulky. On the other hand, if I saw an enemy using that thing, I'd probably shit myself.

So, yes. Is very good.
Haha thanks, I'm guessing a big part of the bulky ness is the stock area? I did that on purpose for the looks, idk how hollow it would be there, maybe some storage room?

Smagmuck_

Aug 25, 2009
<spoiler=M4>http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3678/m45k.jpg

Sticky. I require one Anime Navy nurse...

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
LordMalachi said:
sooperman said:
Yay new rifle

Thoughts?
Honestly it scares me a little lol

Thoughts?
C'mon now, my rifle isn't anything wierder than you expect from this thread.

That is a mean looking rifle. Did you and McNinja ever decide on a magazine structure?