Play As The Joker In Arkham Asylum PS3

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Play As The Joker In Arkham Asylum PS3

Ads that appeared in PlayStation Home today suggest that the PS3 might be getting some exclusive content for Batman: Arkham Asylum in the form of maps that let you play as none other than The Joker.

The Joker's been all the rage since The Dark Knight burned up theaters last year, and considering Batman: Arkham Asylum seems to be closest thing we'll ever get to a Dark Knight game, the considerable lack of playable Joker was a serious problem that needed solving.

Well, you don't have to boot up your copy of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe just to get your Joker on just yet, as leaked ads on PlayStation Home revealed today that The Joker is actually playable in Arkham Asylum, but - here's the catch - possibly only on the PS3.

"Play as The Joker in the exclusive Joker challenge maps available only on the PlayStation 3," the ad says in that crazy Joker handwriting. That sounds pretty conclusive, but the ad only says that the maps are exclusive to PS3 - who knows if The Joker's available in some other mode that'll be on PC and 360.

The fact that the ads went up in Home do suggest that there's some special treatment going on here with the PS3 version of the game, but at the same time, when Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5224844/play-as-the-joker-in-arkham-asylum-ps3] bugged Arkham Asylum's PR about the ads, they seemed totally unaware that they had even gone up. Since then, they've been taken off Home entirely.

If The Joker is exclusive to the PS3, that could be a big boost to sales on that platform, since everyone's still crazy for The Joker these days. Either that or people just love wearing "WHY SO SERIOUS" t-shirts everywhere just to piss me off. In any case, hopefully we'll get the official details soon enough.

UPDATE: Eidos have confirmed that the Joker will be downloadable over PSN on launch, and only PSN. As the ad states, he'll only be playable on challenge maps.

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Keane Ng said:
If The Joker is exclusive to the PS3, that could be a big boost to sales on that platform, since everyone's still crazy for The Joker these days. Either that or people just love wearing "WHY SO SERIOUS" t-shirts everywhere just to piss me off. In any case, hopefully we'll get the official details soon enough.

Those shirts are annoying...

Anyway not bad i suppose, the Joker is looking pretty evil in that picture. I still prefer the Penguin though *sigh*

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
samaritan.squirrel said:
What's the point in exclusives?Fanboy-fodder..It should be available for everyone.
At some point it will be available for everyone...maybe....usually for money.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
mrfft said:
samaritan.squirrel said:
What's the point in exclusives?Fanboy-fodder..It should be available for everyone.
At some point it will be available for everyone...maybe....usually for money.
I hope so. Any news of the GTA4 DLC for the Ps3?That must have been annoying..

Neosage

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2008
He isn't even smiling in the picture. I would say that it sounds like just the maps are exclusive(if anything, sounds like they shouldn't of said anything yet aswell, funny if MS bought them out). And why is bobba fett behind him?

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
The fact that the ads went up in Home do suggest that there's some special treatment going on here with the PS3 version of the game, but at the same time, when Kotaku bugged Arkham Asylum's PR about the ads, they seemed totally unaware that they had even gone up. Since then, they've been taken off Home entirely.
To me this says someone jumped the gun. The Studio is possibly still in negotiations over exsclusive content, and Sony might've not realized they're talking to MS too.

Silly Soney.

Pocotron

Mar 16, 2009
samaritan.squirrel said:
Nuf said... like for GTAIV or Fallout 3. that'd be boss

midpipps

Feb 23, 2009
I do not understand these multiplat games that have exclusives to the systems. Other the the money that people shell out to keep them exclusive. It sucks because when I buy a game that is multiplat I want to buy it on the system of my choice but by doing that I may end up with less of an experience then the other platform.

Bye the way I own both ps3 and xbox 360

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Onmi said:
Wait.
"DICKS!"
The only two words that I read the first time through your post, due to being high as a kite from adrenaline after I aced a physics test earlier today . I laughed my ass off.

But humourous situations aside, everyone hates exclusive ANYTHING. It's great buisness practice, but it gets hate from all sides.

And I think that the game will have some exclusive content on all sides, like SC4. The only question is, will the reverse content go on sale after the rush for the game has died out? (Hint hint: it will.)

devildog1170

Apr 17, 2009
PayNSprayBandit said:
samaritan.squirrel said:
I'm a PS3 guy and I totally agree.
yep. im a 360 guy (own both consoles) and it pisses me off more than anything when one console gets exclusive stuff. all systems should have it, and it just heats up the console wars even more.

devildog1170

Apr 17, 2009
Onmi said:
devildog1170 said:
PayNSprayBandit said:
samaritan.squirrel said:
I'm a PS3 guy and I totally agree.
yep. im a 360 guy (own both consoles) and it pisses me off more than anything when one console gets exclusive stuff. all systems should have it, and it just heats up the console wars even more.
I understand Exclusive GAMES, because consoles need something major to differentiate themselves, competition breeds development, if the pro-wrestling scene has taught me anything, it's that.
games are fine, but this is not. i want to play as the joker too! guess ill have to get the ps3 version instead. i want the 360 version so i dont have to sit through long ass updates and have a large party goin on while playin it.