Playstation 5 reveal event thread

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I feel like the announcement of the new Spider-Man game was a bit of a disater.

First people were under the impression that it was a full sequel, then it was clarified that it was more like an expansion, and the full Spider-Man PS4 game would be getting a PS5 remaster, and now it is being reclarified that it is actually just a short standalone spin-off thing, like Uncharted: Lost Legacy.

I feel like even though the trailer was short and snappy, they could have at least clarified a lot more, other than just when the game would come out.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Yet.

RE8 certainly looks like it borrowed a lot from Fromsoft aesthetically, and it's a nice visual departure. Also appears Capcom doesn't know what to do with Chris Redfield anymore so they just turned him into a villain. Which I'm fine with, the dude was always the most boring out of everyone anyway.
'Yet' is good enough in videogame land.
For the record my distaste with the idea of remaking RE4 is less about "nothing is sacred anymore" and more that there's no way to go with it but down. What's a remake gonna do, put on makeup and shave 1.5 seconds in loading screens?

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I feel like the announcement of the new Spider-Man game was a bit of a disater.

First people were under the impression that it was a full sequel, then it was clarified that it was more like an expansion, and the full Spider-Man PS4 game would be getting a PS5 remaster, and now it is being reclarified that it is actually just a short standalone spin-off thing, like Uncharted: Lost Legacy.

I feel like even though the trailer was short and snappy, they could have at least clarified a lot more, other than just when the game would come out.
I didn't even know who that guy was lol. Apparently there's a new person called Miles who is spiderman and Peter Parker is off doing something else for some odd reason or something...despite being in the same exact game that this content will be added to.

Meh, either way I wasn't interested. I know the base game received praise but it's not my cup of tea either way.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Did they kill him off again or something? (damn you Mephisto...)
Well, it depends on which "universe" you're talking about. In some universes where Miles exists, Parker is indeed dead.
In the most recent Spider-Man game, he's Parker is alive and teaches Miles the ropes.

So maybe in this new game, Peter will be fine. Maybe he'll be away on business or something. Or yeah, maybe he'll be dead.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Reactions: Ezekiel

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Here's reaction for those interested:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Well, looks like gamers got another game to ***** and moan about.

Such a negative reaction, both on the youtube uploads and the steam forums. Gamers really do suck.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Such a negative reaction, both on the youtube uploads and the steam forums. Gamers really do suck.
I am not invested in the game, but at least it's interesting. More interesting than anything David Cage has done. I get why people don't like it, but can you all at least wait until game releases? I bet if this was on a Nintendo direct, not nearly as many people would be shitting the bed right now.

Last edited:

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I am not invested in the game, but at least interesting. More interesting than anything David Cage has done. I get why people don't like it, but can you all at least wait until game releases? I bet if this was on a Nintendo direct, not nearly as many people would be shitting the bed right now.
Yeah, I mean its got a good aesthetic, but I'm sick of teenage bs drama, which is what it seems like the game is about. But, I'm not going to hate on it because of that.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Wow, you weren't kidding, what is that all about?

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Wow, you weren't kidding, what is that all about?
I think its a combination of being kinda 'furry' and having non-binary or gay characters. That seems to set the assholes off like nothing else.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I can't say most of these comparisons make the Remake look that impressive. I feel Tower Knight looks flat-out weak, and in a lot of other shots the Remake lacks the hazy filter that makes the Original look so creepy and ethereal.
Well it’s still early and it wouldn’t take much to add the fog filter. Certainly can’t deny how much more fleshed out and detailed everything looks. Hopefully they’ll dial in the aesthetics before release.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
'Yet' is good enough in videogame land.
For the record my distaste with the idea of remaking RE4 is less about "nothing is sacred anymore" and more that there's no way to go with it but down. What's a remake gonna do, put on makeup and shave 1.5 seconds in loading screens?
It can make the controls better.

The worst thing about the RE4 PC port is that you can't remap controls. It would be worth buying just for that.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
It can make the controls better.

The worst thing about the RE4 PC port is that you can't remap controls. It would be worth buying just for that.
Wouldn't know, only ever played on PS2/PS4 and never had a problem with the controls, or the fact that you can't control the camera separately.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy

My issue wit this game is I have no freaking clue what it is. Is it a visual novel? Adventure game? Dating sim?

Other than that it looks emo and angsty but not bad lol. Maybe people just don't like dinosaur-folk? Do they look too much like otherkins? XD

having non-binary or gay characters
It does? I didn't notice that, how can you tell? (serous question)

They all look like dinosaur people to me.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Well it’s still early and it wouldn’t take much to add the fog filter. Certainly can’t deny how much more fleshed out and detailed everything looks. Hopefully they’ll dial in the aesthetics before release.
I don't think it has to do with fog. The Original has this bloom lighting that's very outdated by todays standards, but added so much of what made the visuals eerie. Not to get all boomer, but a lot of creepy games from the past were so in large part due to the graphical style. By making it more realistically textured and lit you lose that original atmosphere. Maybe the Remake can compensate in other areas, but some of these screenshots look really flat so far.