Please let Pokemon gracefully exit.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
SpectacularWebHead said:
not adding any new pokemon is RELEASING THE SAME GAME TWICE.
This is Logic.
Bullshit. Thats not logic, that is ignorance.

I think you've ignored what they've added into Black and White 2, I have not played them yet because they are not available in english but from what I can tell, all the little additions make up for it, changes in gyms, changes in the pokemon available, new takes and such are all little things.

Pokemon has always been about little changes to the formula, ever since Pokemon Gold and Silver came out, it has always been about the little things, keeps the core gameplay but make changes that mix up the game bit by bit.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
TheKasp said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
I think that you'll find b and w 2 are the same game again. None of the crystal, Yellow, emerald etc built on the story of the previous, it was exactly the same as the other games and only served (In the case of emerald and platinum at least) to give the oppurtunity to get the third legendary easily.

Now, If this is the case with Black And White 2, except without the the third legendary pokemon unlock, they are in fact, the same game. You're analagy is either wrong or your entire point is wrong. As we can all as long term fans of the pokemon series recognise, pokemon games do not deviate from: Get starter, do first few gyms, defeat the team of the region you're in, get the legendary, final gym, pokemon league, as this has always been, in EVERY pokemon game. The only major difference that let nintendo get away with doing this for the past fifteen years is the added pokemon. Because they are not doing this and the plot deviation is likely, at best to be "You are the son/daughter of the guy in the last game, do what he/she did" not adding any new pokemon is RELEASING THE SAME GAME TWICE.
This is Logic.
You know, there is a little difference between us. I already played Black 2 and know that at least the world and the line of progress is vastly different, since I don't speak or read japanese I can't tell the details of how the story is different but it is different.

But to be precise: They add several routes and areas to the game, the amount is compareable to the isles added in LeafGreen / FireRed but less boring. Gymleaders are different to an extent, we have a different champion and though Team Plasma is again the antagonist there is a neat little - may I call it twist? - that is revealed during the storymode. Unlike Unova you progress different through the cities (you have different areas up to the first two Gymleader and after Skyla you'll find yourself exploring different areas again), old areas are transformed in the way you'll expect in the 5 years it takes place after Black / White.

The additional content after the story and the hardmode is also worth mentioning. The hardmode improves the AI and gives gymleader more Pokes (and higher level [up to 5 lvl higher when meeting the champion]), more usage of items and berries at the start, real items that are also used in competitive online battles at the end. I have yet to find out if the Pokes also get EV treatment to add to the challenge.

Also, the main legendary of Black 2 / White 2, Kiryem or whatever that dragon is called (not a fan of legendaries per se) is not unlocked in this game, he is already catchable in Black and White, he just gets a place in the story.

On the design we can agree to disagree. I don't think we can narrow that down further for us both since, interesting enough, your favorite gen is my least favorite. We seem to be too different :p
I agree to disagree, purely because you came close to doing:
"We're not so different, you and I..."

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Or, ya know, you grew out of the series and don't find it fun or interesting anymore.

I, on the other hand, welcome the sequel to Black and White since I had a blast with them, and so what if the pokemon designs are not that great anymore. I have bigger complaints about Pokemon like how it's not as hard as it used to be and level grinding became more of a pain in the ass, but I still find it fun, and apparently so do other people.

The series died for you so I don't get why you think it should for other people.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
Although Gen 2 was my fave, ive nothing against gen 5. Garbador is still hillarious mind...

Personally, i'd like to see

-More Mystery Dungeon games (Those where fun, i loved the fuck out of the DS ones)
-Ruby/Saphire/Emerald remakes (Like Soulsilver/Heart Gold. For the sole reason i'd like to see the Kyrouge Groundon battle in modern gen graphics.

Captcha : She Loves Him. Alright captcha, rub it in.... :'( foreveralone.jpg

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
SpectacularWebHead said:
( Which is why Black and White wasn't very good, and the total lack of ANY new pokemon in black and white 2 is a piss take. The pokemon largely suck and there aren't going to be many new ones.
Thats awesome, I like how you fail to look at the cover to black and white 2

You see those little marks right next to the name? Thats a 2.

That means it is a sequel, it exists primarily to extend what happened beyond Pokemon Black and White, the same reason why this exists:

And this:

EDIT: I just now realized how bad Echoes's cover was......

Little changes make enough for a new game. I didn't see anyone else complain about these two games getting released, what the fuck is wrong with current Pokemon (Also, care to explain how there are NO GOOD POKEMON AT ALL) Despite the obvious certain ones like Hydregion, Scolipede, and Zoroark. And if you don't like those, well there are some good ones that they've added to be available (You know, Lucario, Tyranitar and so forth)

As you can tell, I am pissed at you.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Terminate421 said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
This is Logic.

I think you've ignored what they've added into Black and White 2, I have not played them yet because they are not available in english but from what I can tell, all the little additions make up for it, changes in gyms, changes in the pokemon available, new takes and such are all little things.

Pokemon has always been about little changes to the formula, ever since Pokemon Gold and Silver came out, it has always been about the little things, keeps the core gameplay but make changes that mix up the game bit by bit.
I call shenanigans.
You hear that noise of running water?
It's a river called DE-NILE.(Denial)
Pokemon never deviates from it's core story mechanic to far. The furthest it goes is the circumstance you get the starter under, massive plot changes in a pokemon do not and will not happen.
They said the exact same thing about platinum, and it was pretty much the same as D and P.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
latiasracer said:
Personally, i'd like to see

-More Mystery Dungeon games (Those where fun, i loved the fuck out of the DS ones)
. :'( foreveralone.jpg

I actually read that statement....from someone else on this forum.

Praise Arceus!

Explorers of Time was probably my favorite.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
SpectacularWebHead said:
Terminate421 said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
This is Logic.

I call shenanigans.
You hear that noise of running water?
Pokemon never deviates from it's core story mechanic to far. The furthest it goes is the circumstance you get the starter under, massive plot changes in a pokemon do not and will not happen.
They said the exact same thing about platinum, and it was pretty much the same as D and P.
Yes but its obvious right from the fucking start its not the same game.

I want you to look at my previous post, the one with the Metroid and Mario games on it, Platinum was much the same as those.

I want you to read my post at least 3 times and then try and find an argument to why its a sequel.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
So what?

Nintendo isn't going to can one of their biggest franchises just because some of their older fans are feeling some Franchise Fatigue.

Let the market decide if its sick of Pokemon, because logically, that is the only thing that's going to force Nintendo to change their tune.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
SpectacularWebHead said:
You know, the Germans have a word for you. It's called "classy ************." And in case you are as dumb as you assume others are, I will also inform you of their word for me, "sarcastic dick."

People will continue to play pokemans till doomsday, and I'm alright with that. Nintendo can go ahead and keep making those games over and over, I honestly could not ever give any less fucks about it. I encourage you to do likewise.

Captcha- face the music
So you choose OP's side, eh captcha? Well I'll show you, I'll show all of you!! Muahahahaha!!!

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Played Perl and "finished" it, got Diamond (really cheap) and I still haven't played it. Just grew tired of the whole set up and then I stopped buying Handhelds because Pokemon was the only game I bought them for.

Looking back I wish they'd do more significant upgrades to the game-play, something to take out the HORRIBLE gut wrenching grind.

But mostly I just gave up when the aim of the game was to 'Catch the All' and fathoming I never could without cheating, fucking promotional Pokemon Bullshit.

Captcha: Skynet Knows
also known as Nintendo...

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
I don't understand, do sequels/new games in a franchise somehow corrupt your memories of the old games? If you don't like the new games just forget about them, and let those that like them continue to buy them. It's not a negative thing for you, because if they stopped making the games entirely it would have the same effect on you as not liking/buying the new ones.

This is coming from somebody who didn't even make it 2 hours through Pokemon Black after buying it by the way, I agree on your opinions of the game, but it doesn't ruin Blue/Red/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald for me, because they're... different games?

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
personally i stopped being interested in pokemon after the first generation. i played leafgreen recently, which was perfect for me, nostalgia but with better graphics xD i doubt i will ever care about the franchise again, but clearly enough people do or else they wouldn't be making more

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Pokemon gets better with each passing game. Anyone who tells you how "great gen 1 was" or how pokemon is always going down hill, show them this chart.

NoDamnNames

Feb 25, 2009
Considering Black and white were the best installment since G/S/C (Bar HG/SS), I dont see a point in wanting to kill the francise, which metagame is still in dire need of more additions of moves/pokemon to balence it completly.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Terminate421 said:
I want you to read my post at least 3 times and then try and find an argument to why its a sequel.
Are you purposely ignoring all evidence to the contrary? New story. New areas. New characters.

Hell, look at what's happened to the world map. you're ONLY BITCHING about how it's not got a new 100+ Pokemon in it. by your own definition of what makes a sequel, Dead Space 2 isn't a sequel, Bioshock 2 isn't a sequel, Kingdom Hearts 2 isn't a sequel...Make an actual point as to why Black and White 2 are not sequels.

OT: I'm tired of pointing out the flawed logic that somehow this:

Is more "original/better" than any of the designs that actually took any kind of fucking thought to create, so I'm just going to post.

Pokemon has not gotten "worse." Considering it's one of the highest selling game series of all time to this day, anybody saying that has locked themselves in their hyperbolic chamber.

Pokemon is simply not doing things the way you want them to be done. Where does everyone get off thinking they can call a stop to a series simply because it isn't doing exactly what they want?

Oh shit.

You hear that?

this sounds like actual...

FAN-Fan-fan ENTITLEMENT-Entitlement-entitlement...

You were never promised anything. you were never given any say or authority over how Game Freak wants to make Pokemon.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Revnak said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
You know, the Germans have a word for you. It's called "classy ************." And in case you are as dumb as you assume others are, I will also inform you of their word for me, "sarcastic dick."

People will continue to play pokemans till doomsday, and I'm alright with that. Nintendo can go ahead and keep making those games over and over, I honestly could not ever give any less fucks about it. I encourage you to do likewise.

Captcha- face the music
So you choose OP's side, eh captcha? Well I'll show you, I'll show all of you!! Muahahahaha!!!
I think captcha was telling OP to face the music. Simmer down there Revnak. Put the doomsday button down. We're all friends here.

OT: Pokemon is a force of nature. It'll die sooner or later, but until that time comes, it'll do it's thing and noone can do a thing about it. Personally, I love Pokemon. The core series has always been fun for me, and the Mystery Dungeon series is better than I expected it to be, especially the newer ones. Pokemon Conquest looks interesting and I can't wait to get it when I can afford it.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
SpectacularWebHead said:
TheKasp said:
Oh boy, someone who thinks his opinion about the design of the new Pokes is a fact...
Isn't that exactly what you're doing by implying that I'm wrong?
No. you see, he is not implying that he is right, he is saying that your opinion is not fact.

That you are wrong, because you posted as if your opinion on other generations was factually held together. Which it was not.

Your opinion is nothing more than how you personally feel.