Pokemon Black and White Version 2 Review

minuialear

Jun 15, 2010
Sargent Hoofbeat said:
Anyway; off track. If we think "Oh, I'll be OK with just the starter pokemon" then that's all we'll get. Where as ALL THE POKEMON, everyone can choose. Think of someone else for a change!
As if the poster has any direct control over which it ends up being...?

OT: Dunno if this is worth buying since I already have Black, but it sounds like it has enough for those who haven't come to the current generation yet.

The Ubermensch

Mar 6, 2012
minuialear said:
Sargent Hoofbeat said:
Anyway; off track. If we think "Oh, I'll be OK with just the starter pokemon" then that's all we'll get. Where as ALL THE POKEMON, everyone can choose. Think of someone else for a change!

OT: Dunno if this is worth buying since I already have Black, but it sounds like it has enough for those who haven't come to the current generation yet.
>Forgetting Mass Effect 3 fiasco

When anon is loud enough...

>Implying that Pokemon isn't digital crack and you must have all the games.

I've decided this game I'm going to EV train... Its gonna hurt so much

Navvan said:
disgruntledgamer said:
TheKasp said:
disgruntledgamer said:
This game is getting criticized on other sites for being the same as the 1st Black and white. Not that it matters IMO you just use Water on Fire, Fire on Grass and Grass on Water and call it strategy. Sorry but Rack, Paper, Scissors strategy is not hard to master unless you're 12 or touched in the head. Using whatever the other person is weak against isn't hard to figure out.
But you get a strategy when you can choose from a giant roster of Pokes, all with different combinations of types (electro/bug, fire/fight, fire/bug and so on), all with several possible movesets and different stat and EV spreads (aka different speed, attack strength, defensive strength) and items. If you have to build a team of 6 where each one has to hold a purpose and you have to be able to be able to beat all kind of builds you build yourself up a strategy.

There is so much more to this game than just "rock, paper, scissors".
Nope sorry you're wrong even when you pick your roster your still using the same Rock, Paper, Scissors strategy, your just hoping yours matches his nicely which is luck, yes you could play it safe and pick a broad roster but it still boils down to using whatever the other person is weak against which is the simplest type of strategy to the point where most wouldn't even consider it strategy.
The single player aspect of the game is entirely beatable with "rock paper scissor" strategy. It is easily beatable without any strategy. Go into any sort of competitive environment with that as you're only aim and you're not going to have a good time.
Umbreon (Dark[I was super envious, but my leafeon kicks ass]) vs Gardevoir (Psychic[weak to dark])

U:Dark pulse - super effective - G health down to red
G:Double team -evasiveness increased
U:Bite - Miss
G:Double team - Evasiveness increased
U:Quick attack - Miss
G:psychic (Just to make him think I was a noob)
U:Shadow Ball - Miss
G:THUNDER BOLT - Critical hit - U down to yellow/Paralysed
U:paralysed, It can't move!
G:Magic leaf - U has fainted
me: I FUCKED YOU SHIT *****, OH YEAH, I AM THE POKEMON MASTER MOTHER FUCKER. I'mma lend you my ditto so I can fuck all ya pokemon

There is a poker aspect to the game as well. Rock doesn't beat titanium diamond coated scissors

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
chozo_hybrid said:
I'm glad to see they are starting to make use of the systems graphical capabilities, aside from Stadium etc is this the first main Pokemon game to have 3d graphics in it? I'm curious, I don't play them but I used to, from red up to silver.
Diamond and Pearl had 3D stuff in them, progressively more of it as the games have gone on.

OT: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay I want now : DD

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Sargent Hoofbeat said:
arc1991 said:
Sargent Hoofbeat said:
I'll get it, cause god damn, fuck you statistics! You drive me to battle! ...EV and IV *shudder*

But one thing, I want my leading pokemon to follow me around like in heartgold/soulsilver/Yellow

Nintendo; why isn't that a staple of the franchise yet!?!

My Gardevoir should not be confined to a damn pokeball

Neither should my Ponyta
Agreed, even if it is only the starter Pokemon that can follow you, it should be kept that way!

It's one of the main reasons i keep going back to SS.
... Who the fack wants a samurott following them around everywhere? gen 5 starters suck dick man.

I want my Gardevoir, Rapidash (Twilight) or Zebrastrika (Zecora) to follow me everywhere

Anything less will incur all of my fan boy rage... and based on the fandoms I'm in I apparantly have a lot
To be fair pretty much every starter sucks from every gen.

minuialear

Jun 15, 2010
Sargent Hoofbeat said:
minuialear said:
Sargent Hoofbeat said:

>Forgetting that it wasn't one poster who directly influenced that, but a multitude of posters protesting that it be done...

The Ubermensch

Mar 6, 2012
minuialear said:
Sargent Hoofbeat said:
minuialear said:
Sargent Hoofbeat said:

>Forgetting that it wasn't one poster who directly influenced that, but a multitude of posters protesting that it be done...
>Not realising I'm an insurrectionist

COME MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, FOR OUR POKEMON