Pokemon Black & White To Feature Only Entirely New Pokemon

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Baby Eater said:
Yay no more Zubats everywhere!
Best news I have ever heard.

I'm kind of glad that they're doing this. I was glad when they heard that they were changing things up a bit and now this is even better. That means new players won't feel alienated by all the pros who've spent their entire lives learning all the tactics, moves, and annoyances and veteran players will be forced to learn new tactics. At least on their first playthrough. I'm really excited to see the new designs, because as much as my nostalgia wants to tell me otherwise, changing Pokemon might be a great idea.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
There goes all my knowledge! Well...something new to learn all, over, again!

Stone Wera

Feb 13, 2010
I like the eagle. It has a 2nd generation feel to it. But why'd they put it at the back? It deserves to be up front.

Ruzzian Roulette

Dec 23, 2008
Good, I'm ready to start back up on the same level as all the other players. And I actually like some of the new Mons. The Fire Piggy is a badass.

Apr 28, 2008
Shockolate said:
Good! I'm sick of those fucking Geodude's.

Those things are fucking everywhere.
Or Zubats. Those things are the reason I hate all the caves in the games.

OT: Sounds interesting. I just really hope the pokemon's color represents their types.

Not So Tuesday

Aug 16, 2009
I hope that there are about 45 different "Cave Pokemon" cause it pisses me of seeing the same 3 over and over again.

Baby Eater

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Aug 27, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
Call of Snip:Modern Snipfare
Totally unrelated but I love your avatar. It's almost hypnotising :p

On topic:You can bet they made a counterpart to the annoying pokemon. Zubat is now Dracubat and Ratatta is Megarodent or something.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
There isnt a single cool looking one in that picture!

At least you can get the good ones after you beat the game.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I thought about this, and I'm ok with it.
As long as it rids me from encountering the following pokemon:

Geodude.
Zubat.
Golbat.
Tentacool and
Hoothoot...

Fuck I hate Hoothoot...

Rakkana

Nov 17, 2009
And I now have officially given up on the new pokemons. Poor legends, poor starters, poor generics.

I'll go look for pokemon yellow and relive the glory days.

Willis_D

May 27, 2009
[HEADING=2]HELL F***ING YES[/HEADING]

This has made my day. No longer will I have to deal with bloody Zubats and Geodudes when going true caves, or fecking Tentacools while surfing. This is awesome news. I am just so glad that I wont have to see them until I beat the game.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
When I first heard about the new Pokemon game I just thought "meh. Just another Pokemon". But the more news I read the more I get excited about this game.

Matt Kloepfer

Mar 17, 2010
I'd have to say that the pokemon series is just going out of style. For all those little kids out there, fucking eh wonderful for them, but to those of us who were born in the age of the original versions, this is just more bullshit. It's about time for the games to stop being created and quit making more pokemon to add. The total number is probably easily over 1000 and the concepts of their design is just pathetic. They are starting to take real animals and just slap a suffix on them and call them an inventive pokemon.

DaMunky89

Aug 15, 2007
Yeah, I gotta say, not liking this news. All these new pokemon look incredibly dumb.

Symplify

Jun 13, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Can someone explain the fascination of Pokemon to me? I've never understood what's so interesting about it.
You must never have played it as a young child.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
Wait, wait, wait. Does this mean I can't trade in Pokemon from my previous games? Because I have a Ralts I'd like to train into a Gallade....

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Not seeing familiar pokemon isn't so bad, it's always the really crappy generic ones that we see over and over anyway like Geodude and Pidgey.