Pokemon is it strange that I'm still playing?

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
higgs20 said:
Gxas said:
i wasn't going to buy black/white, now i think i will.
Hello there, glad to see you again!
Welcome back to the world of Pokémon.
My name is Gxas.
People affectionately refer to me as "That weird kid with his nose in his DS... Probably playing Pokémon..."
This world, as you know, is inhabited far and wide by creatures called Pokémon!

For some people, Pokémon are pets, others use them for battling.
As for myself... I do both while breeding them like crazy!
But first, tell me a little about yourself.
Are you a boy or a girl?

SilentBobsThoughts

Dec 29, 2009
higgs20 said:
Gxas said:
ANImaniac89 said:
It's sad that you're asking that question.
Personally, as a trainer since the release of Gen 1 and having bought every game to date on it's release date, I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Who cares how old you are? Pokémon is certainly not a children's game. Not one bit. Besides, we are the generation in which Pokémon was born. If anyone should be playing the games, its us. We are the Pokécraze generation. We are the ones who woke up super early to watch the anime. We are the ones who brought our gameboys to school and "used the restroom" in order to get a little more time with our Pokébros. We are the ones who bought pop-tarts with pokéball and pikachu sprinkles, and cereal with pikachu marshmallows.

This is our franchise! You should be proud of it! You should be proud to be a trainer. Wear your pokéwalker out in public! Play your DS while waiting in line for movies!

And when the day comes, March 8th will no longer be considered just a day, but as the day when trainers far and wide declared with one voice,

"WE WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT! WE WILL NOT BACK DOWN FROM A FIGHT! WE'RE GOING TO TRAIN ON! WE'RE GOING TO BE THE VERY BEST!"

For on that day, we celebrate Black and White's release day!
I thought it was March 4th?

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
id say its ok to play it but not ok to be one of those obsessed pokemon fans. but since you in your 20s im guessing you have played red or green or silver. i just dont see the point in playing pokemon sequels, they seem like the same thing overa nd over.

Supp

Nov 17, 2009
Saying Pokemon is only for kids is like saying Final Fantasy is only for young teenagers.

higgs20

Feb 16, 2010
Gxas said:
higgs20 said:
Gxas said:
Hello there, glad to see you again!
Welcome back to the world of Pokémon.
My name is Gxas.
People affectionately refer to me as "That weird kid with his nose in his DS... Probably playing Pokémon..."
This world, as you know, is inhabited far and wide by creatures called Pokémon!

For some people, Pokémon are pets, others use them for battling.
As for myself... I do both while breeding them like crazy!
But first, tell me a little about yourself.
Are you a boy or a girl?
is it bad that when I saw that picture pikachu's call played in my head?
also i'm a boy and your grandson's name is penisface

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
SilentBobsThoughts said:
Gxas said:
SilentBobsThoughts said:
US releases are on Tuesdays.
Ah ok, well here in UK it's on le 4th :} I can't wait! I'm 16 but will be 17 literally 5 days after release :) (That last bit for benefit of OP's question.)
I hate the rest of the world for that... Why can't we have a worldwide release date? What's stopping us from doing so?

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
ANImaniac89 said:
I got in trouble in 4th grade for organizing a homework strike amongst the students when my school banned the uses Gameboys and Pokemon cards.

FIGHT THE POWER

Oh the memories
Ha. I did exactly the same thing! We didn't win though >.>

But there was obviously under-the-table trading going on for months after that. We'd even chipped a hole in the mortar of the brickwork to send notes & cards through from one class to the other.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
ANImaniac89 said:
Today I pre-ordered Pokemon Black version at Gamestop and I found myself wondering "I'm 21 is it weird that I'm still playing Pokemon games ?"
Now let me get one thing straight I only still play the "Main" RPG Color named titles so no Ranger, Mystery Dungeon or other spin offs, I haven't watched the anime since the Johto adventures and I give up long ago on the cards.
I mostly play out of nostalgic value and with my brother and some friends (I also pre-ordered White version for my brother whose turning 13 so we can trade/battle with each other just like we've done with ever Pokemon RPG since he started playing them.

Anyways I wanna know how many older (say late teens and onward) still play Pokemon games?
dood, i'm 29 and i went to game stop yesterday to get Celebi for my copy of Soul Silver, so, no, play what you like, and hang every one elses opinion

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
My friend and I are 19 (almost 20) and we're currently playing Pokémon Gold and Crystal through again. We're trying to get the time machine active because, years ago, I was friends with someone who had a Mew who traded it to my Pokémon Blue. We're going to send it to his Gold and clone it. :D
So, no. Not strange.

EDIT - Also, Our coversations have basically been taken over with talks about Pokémon and our progress so far.
By the way, does anyone know somewhere in Melbourne, Australia I could get a link cable for Gameboy Colour? Mine's broken. :(

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
higgs20 said:
Gxas said:
higgs20 said:
Gxas said:
snip
snip
Haha, I was hoping that would happen!

And... wow... What the hell were my daughter and son-in-law thinking when they named that kid? Seriously... Speaking of which, he's been your rival for all this time and yet you never thought to take cheap shots at him for that? You could have totally ruined his self-confidence and everything, effectively ruining him for life and leaving him in the dust by excelling at everything you two attempt to do!

But I digress...

higgs20! You're very own Pokémon legend is about to unfold!
A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits! Let's go!

/shrink ray

P.S. I will be watching EVERYTHING you do. Make one poor decision involving biking indoors and/or fishing where there isn't water and I'll be sure to hassle you.

Milo

Apr 6, 2010
I'm 51 plus. If I discover that a Pokemon game or Runescape works for me then that is what I will do. Enjoy!

Milo

Apr 6, 2010
P.S. Life is too short,believe me.

P.P.S. I think Dofus is awesome!!!

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Gxas said:
SilentBobsThoughts said:
SilentBobsThoughts said:
Gxas said:
SilentBobsThoughts said:

Ah ok, well here in UK it's on le 4th :} I can't wait! I'm 16 but will be 17 literally 5 days after release :) (That last bit for benefit of OP's question.)
Wrong in this case. Pokemon is coming out in the US on the 6th, a Sunday.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Eri said:
Fucker at Gamestop lied to me... Oh well, I get it two days sooner than I had hoped!

higgs20

Feb 16, 2010
Gxas said:
higgs20 said:
Gxas said:
higgs20 said:
Gxas said:
snip
snip
Haha, I was hoping that would happen!

And... wow... What the hell were my daughter and son-in-law thinking when they named that kid? Seriously... Speaking of which, he's been your rival for all this time and yet you never thought to take cheap shots at him for that? You could have totally ruined his self-confidence and everything, effectively ruining him for life and leaving him in the dust by excelling at everything you two attempt to do!

But I digress...

higgs20! You're very own Pokémon legend is about to unfold!
A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits! Let's go!

/shrink ray

P.S. I will be watching EVERYTHING you do. Make one poor decision involving biking indoors and/or fishing where there isn't water and I'll be sure to hassle you.
well i did just convince his grandfather that his name had the word penis in it, i'm hoping that will put enough of a dent in his confidence that i will be able to crush him in all of our encounters from here on out, and assuming that goes to plan when i inevitably defeat him and become the pokemon league champion i'll be sure to say bye before i disappear to train in a mountain 5 minutes away from your lab to sit in a corner and wait for a small child who looks unsettlingly like me to come and beat me with his odd pokemon that never existed when i was young.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Gxas said:
Eri said:
Fucker at Gamestop lied to me... Oh well, I get it two days sooner than I had hoped!
http://www.ebgames.com/ds/games/pokemon-white/78062
Guess they can't read their own website ;)

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
Not at all. I'm 18 and still play it, and will very likely be playing for a very long time XD

I was approached by some people with Pokewalkers at last year's Expo and we exchanged gifts. With complete strangers. Yay Pokemon! XD