Pokemon X and Y Starters' Middle Evolutions Are Revealed

TKretts3

Jul 20, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
SkarKrow said:
No because then it's just a rip-off of Badass-toise.
How cruel...

Why does you not loves me?
Mega-Venusaur just wants to be loved...is that too much to ask?
A slightly larger tree, and some more leaves? Yeah, sign me up!

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
TizzytheTormentor said:
SkarKrow said:
How cruel...

I like Mega Venasaur a lot too.
Honestly when I played FireRed, during my first playthrough I always chose Charmander (becuase dragons.) and in my second play through, I get Bulbasaur.

So I will def try to get Bulbasaur and Venasaur in my X version of the game afterwards (never really liked Squirtle)

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I'm a bit worried that Teruuna (I think...the Fennick evolution) will be a fire-fighting type again...something about it just really reminds me of Lucario. Chespin's evolution looks like an armadillo and I think that's fantastic.

nasteypenguin

Mar 2, 2011
SkarKrow said:
Idk, I just don't. Maybe it's the shitty typing.
I think Venusaur is getting quite a bit of typing love this gen though, (according to Serebii) Mega Venusaur has Thick Fat which removes his ice and fire weaknesses, as well as gaining a resistance and a super effective stab to fairy types from his poison typing.

I really want Blastoise, he was my first ever pokemon - in Blue, and now he has heavy artillery mounted on his back, but I've neglected Venusaur for too long and this looks like the perfect gen to pick him up!

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
nasteypenguin said:
SkarKrow said:
Idk, I just don't. Maybe it's the shitty typing.
I think Venusaur is getting quite a bit of typing love this gen though, (according to Serebii) Mega Venusaur has Thick Fat which removes his ice and fire weaknesses, as well as gaining a resistance and a super effective stab to fairy types from his poison typing.

I really want Blastoise, just because he was my first ever pokemon in Blue, but I've neglected Venusaur for too long and this looks like the perfect gen to pick him up!
Ah I missed out on the thick fat, it's still a pretty poor typing combo though being weak to fire and psychic in particular. I also missed out on the poison-fairy relationship somehow. Thank god poison is getting some vague offensive buff at last, it's been sorely needing it since gen 2.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
The more and more I see of this game, the happier I am that I pre-ordered both of these games. As for whom I'm going to choose to be my starter...

Verrik

Sep 28, 2012
SkarKrow said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
SkarKrow said:
Thank fuck there's Charizard available.
[HEADING=2]MEGA-CHARIZARD ************![/HEADING]
Who needs a social life when we can crush the dreams of other kids, beat up their pets and rob their money! That is where the real excitement is at!
Not to mention the awesome of Mega Blastoise.

Shame about Mega Venasaur being so lame.

And I concur, if only I had a social life in the first place.
Venasaur may not look the best, but he'll make one hell of a tank. Thick Fat to reduce damage from those pesky Ice and Fire type moves, not to mention a good boost to Defense and Special Defense.

Also, since it's part Poison, it's super-effective against Fairy types. Yep. Venasaur is just that much more awesome to use in combat.

KingGolem

Jun 16, 2009
Congratulations, chikorita. We now have a new worst grass starter. Chespin's right out. Teerunaa (or whatever they end up calling it) has sort of a badass adorable vibe going on. Looks like it's the fire starter for me, then.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
To be fair, Tepigs evolution in gen 5 looked crap then we got friggin Emboar!, Bayleef wasn't really that great thanks to the other 2 being so badass yet Meganium was pretty cool, and Marshtomp...thank god for Swampert...

Lets wait till the 3rd evo's are revealed? yes?

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
TizzytheTormentor said:
SkarKrow said:
How cruel...

Venusaur is my bro. When Professor Oak asked me at the age of 8 which pokemon starter I wanted, I picked bulbasaur. That's right bitches, I picked the grass starter. That's really cute that most of you went and picked charmander or squirtle, but neither of their evolutions can hold a candle to the brick-shitting awesome that is venusaur.

What's that, yours breaths fire and flies, and yours shoots jets of water and swims? Well mine steps on whatever is in it's way, eats everything else, and will then blow your ass away with the power of the mother fucking sun! Venusaur will put your charizard to sleep and then give it a permanent dirt nap. He'll crush your blastoise's shell like a damned peanut shell, poison his then squishy ass, and then laugh as it dies in a puddle of it's own filth.

Mega Venusaur is all that and a bag of chips. Using Mega Venusaur is considered a war crime by the Geneva Convention, and classified as a WMD in 46 states (Arkansas caved to pressure). NSA agents sleep with one eye open at night because they're afraid Mega Venusaur might learn they've been reading his e-mail. The US didn't bury Osama Bin Laden at sea because when they got to his compound they found that Mega Venusaur had already ate him for a mid-afternoon snack. Nick Fury originally wanted to recruit Mega Venusaur for the Avengers, but felt that wouldn't be a fair fight against Loki so he got The Hulk instead. When Santa checks his naughty list twice at Christmas he has to clear it with Mega Venusaur to make sure some of the kids haven't already been eaten by him. Ever lost your car keys in your own house? Well that's because Mega Venusaur used his vines to hide it from you because that's how he gets his kicks. NASA sent the curiosity rover to Mars to make sure Mega Venusaur wasn't there waiting for them. The golden disc on the Voyager probe actually contains a message to warn alien civilizations about Mega Venusaur and how he's coming for them. Mega Venusaur is the reason Krypton exploded.

Mega Venusaur doesn't care if you like him because Mega Venusaur can't hear anyone say that over the sound of him crushing their bones in his vines.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
chozo_hybrid said:
Cool and all, but I miss the days where we got some surprises in our games. These days we know basically everything before release aside from story details.

That said, I wants me the kung-fu frog!
It's possible to avoid spoilers if you're vigilant about not clicking on news articles, I deliberately avoided any information about Black and White before they were released and managed to keep the number of Gen V pokemon I saw prior to playing the game at about ten or so.

OT: I'm liking the water starter more and more, looks like it'll be the frog and Charmander I'll be starting my journey with.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
Mega-Vena-Zard-Toise snip
You get all my love for linking that.

OT: I'm not even settled on whether or not I should get this game, and I'm still trying to muse over which starters I should take!

I was old-school Team Squirtle back in the day and the thought of an Artiller-turtle is something I approve of.. but Froakie or whats-his-name is looking to be the new starter that I'd want to go with.

Indecision, I choose you!

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
the one on the left is male and the one on the right is female, also they are the same pokemon that have 1 move different and different appearance depending on the gender. So really both of them can be offensive or supportive it just depends on how they are raised. So tumblr is again talking out of its ass before it knows anything.

nasteypenguin

Mar 2, 2011
nuba km said:
the one on the left is male and the one on the right is female, also they are the same pokemon that have 1 move different and different appearance depending on the gender. So really both of them can be offensive or supportive it just depends on how they are raised. So tumblr is again talking out of its ass before it knows anything.
TizzytheTormentor said:
According to Serebii and PokeBeach, the movepools differ quite greatly between genders, with Miracle eye(male) and Extrasensory(female) only being one example of each. Also, both sites attest that the male is a supporter and female is aggressive. It's up to you to decide how reliable that information is though, Pokemondb, Marriland and Bulbapedia say nothing about them yet beyond abilities and a gender difference so most of the other information is likely not official.

"Finally, the Psychic-type cat called Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) which has male and female appearances. Male is on the right, Female is on the left in the third picture below. movepool varies by gender. The male is more of a supporter while the female is more of an attacker with, female Nyaonikusu knowing Extrasensory and male knowing Miracle Eye. It has Keen Eye or Infiltrator"

Nyaonikusu (Meowstick from the leaks), a Psychic-type cat, has major gender differences. Each gender has a different set of movepools, with the male's movepool being more supportive and the female's being more aggressive. The male can learn Miracle Eye whereas the female can learn Extrasensory (the female is on the left, the male is on the right). Nyaonikusu has Keen Eye or Infiltrator as its Abilities.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
nasteypenguin said:
nuba km said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
According to Serebii and PokeBeach, the movepools differ quite greatly between genders, with Miracle eye(male) and Extrasensory(female) only being one example of each. Also, both sites attest that the male is a supporter and female is aggressive. It's up to you to decide how reliable that information is though, Pokemondb, Marriland and Bulbapedia say nothing about them yet beyond abilities so most of the other information is likely not official.

"Finally, the Psychic-type cat called Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) which has male and female appearances. Male is on the right, Female is on the left in the third picture below. movepool varies by gender. The male is more of a supporter while the female is more of an attacker with, female Nyaonikusu knowing Extrasensory and male knowing Miracle Eye. It has Keen Eye or Infiltrator"

Nyaonikusu (Meowstick from the leaks), a Psychic-type cat, has major gender differences. Each gender has a different set of movepools, with the male's movepool being more supportive and the female's being more aggressive. The male can learn Miracle Eye whereas the female can learn Extrasensory (the female is on the left, the male is on the right). Nyaonikusu has Keen Eye or Infiltrator as its Abilities.
well I am going according to psypokes who only go with official information and I have yet see them have to correct information they have posted. Also serebii has had a habit of in the past posting rumours and unofficial information as if it were official.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
JoJo said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Cool and all, but I miss the days where we got some surprises in our games. These days we know basically everything before release aside from story details.

That said, I wants me the kung-fu frog!
It's possible to avoid spoilers if you're vigilant about not clicking on news articles, I deliberately avoided any information about Black and White before they were released and managed to keep the number of Gen V pokemon I saw prior to playing the game at about ten or so.

OT: I'm liking the water starter more and more, looks like it'll be the frog and Charmander I'll be starting my journey with.
I don't play the games anymore, I was just saying seeing surprises in games is cool and these days we love to see everything we can on something, which is only natural due to the net XD

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
nuba km said:
garchomp is also getting a mega evolution, WHY!?! what have we done to you gamefreak, what ever it is I will pay in blood to unto it. Also loving the two fossil pokemon.

http://www.psypokes.com/news/563
That Garchomp is all like "Nyah, see!?"

OT: Froakie and his evolutions are shaping up to be the coolest looking here. Guess I'll be getting Charmander on my team.