Pokemon X and Y Starters' Middle Evolutions Are Revealed

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
TizzytheTormentor said:
EstrogenicMuscle said:
Ahhhhh, what did they do to Chespin? I should have known, they always ruin the cute ones with their evolutions.
Fennekin is looking better and better all the time.

Super hyped for Pokemon X and Y, going to surpass the Black and White series by a whole lot I can tell. Loads of innovations. And I love Black and White. Too bad they've ruined Chespin, though.
So a cute little armored ball is bad but a fox turning into a witch using its tail as a broom is way better? Hell, I think Chespin Ev looks the best of the bunch.

The best thing about Fennekin is that it looks like it won't be fire/fighting, but I was hoping the fox Pokemon would evolve into something more...fox-like, I don't get where the concept to turn it from fire fox to fire witch came from.

As usual, everyone is choosing solely on design (middle design no less) because movepools and types are for suckers.
It'll matter later when most people are done playing, and it's off to competitive battling.

As much as I like Feraligator, it- along with Meganium are totally useless in competitive battling.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
TizzytheTormentor said:
Dragonbums said:
It'll matter later when most people are done playing, and it's off to competitive battling.

As much as I like Feraligator, it- along with Meganium are totally useless in competitive battling.
I never play competitively outside of battling a few friends, so I just use Pokemon I like having in my party.

Anything new that can be done online that I may have missed?
Not really.
All you really need to do to keep up with online play is to keep up with the Pokemon.

I'm gonna feel real bad for the returning gen wunners. They are going to get their ass handed to hard in the coming months after October when their old teams of Tyranitars, and Gyrados mean jack shit nowadays.

Also triple and rotation battles are a lot of fun.
Of course in triple, if you don't have something to counter the weather teams your going to have a REAL hard time in that one. They practically dominate those battles.

Rotation battles really make you think about what the opponent may or may not do. Mostly because even if the user rotates their Pokemon, said monster can still attack you in that same turn.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Also, I believe the end typings for the starter Pokemon are going to be:

Fire/Psychic

Water/Fighting

Grass/Dark

The only thing that sucks is that Chespin is going to have a dual weakness to Bug type attacks. I like how they made it so the pairing means that the secondary type (somewhat) offsets what weakness the primary type has.

suntt123

Jun 3, 2013
TizzytheTormentor said:
Dragonbums said:

I never play competitively outside of battling a few friends, so I just use Pokemon I like having in my party.

Anything new that can be done online that I may have missed?
Well there is the GTS where you put up what pokemon you want to trade and what you want for it. Also trade negotiations, where you go online, get paired up with a random person, show each other what you want to get rid off and potentially offer each other something.