Poll: 2011: Will it boast some of the best games yet?

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
I'm sure that before the year is out that you're gunning for one of anticipated releases that will be coming out soon, e.g. Fable III, CoD: Back Ops, Fallout: New Vegas or Halo: Reach.

But I'm far more excited for the dawn of next year and let me tell you why. The lineup of games in the first four months:

January - Dead Space 2
February - BulletStorm
March - Red Faction: Armageddon, Dragon Age 2
April - Gears of War 3

Plus there's those games with unannounced release dates such as Portal 2 and Brink. So ask you Escapists, what are you looking forward to in 2011? Do you think 2011 will surpass 2010? Let the replying begin!

Nwabudike Morgan

Oct 25, 2009
Well, that bet I placed on Duke is going to finally pay off, so that alone will make it the best year for gaming ever.

Babitz

Jan 18, 2010
@OP
You forgot about Duke and Deus Ex.
This might be a truly awesome year.

Sep 14, 2009
not really, 3 out of the 5 of those dont interest me at all. and portal 2 and brink i dont care for either, TOR late 2011 is supposed to come out i think? that i am very excited for. i probably wont even play the MMO aspect of it, just roll it single player style, as thats what it SHOULD have been in the first place /endrant

googleit6

May 12, 2010
*gasp* You forgot Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood! How could you?

Anyways, New Vegas looks pretty sweet, which is coming out next month, and AC:B is coming out in two months. So, I'm pretty stoked for the next two months. I'm not worrying so much about next year, considering I hope to get a ps2 and get started on all the older games I've been dying to finally get around to after Christmas.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
It had better be. I expect no less then at least 3 sleeper hits, and at least 1 new awesome game series.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I think 2011 will have some pretty good games. Dragon Age 2 is being released in March. Bioware is said to be releasing Star Wars: The Old Republic in the Spring and that is another game I am looking forward too as well.

I also heard a rumor that Mass Effect 3 could also be hitting the shelves in late 2011. I almost forgot that Valve is releasing Portal 2 2011 as well. That should be an excellent game.

I just hope we do not have another summer gaming drought like we did this year.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
No particularly. The games I'm pumped for are coming out this year:

COD: Black Ops
Fallout: NV
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
WoW Cataclysm
Medal of Honour
Gran Turismo 5
Sonic 4

What an expensive few months it will be lol

The only games I'm waiting for next year areDeus Ex: HR and Diablo 3.

Benmonkey7

Jun 15, 2010
Well I am interested in Portal 2 and Dead Space 2 in 2011 but that's it. Maybe Gears 3 if there isn't Fallout: New Vegas DLC by then.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
not really, 3 out of the 5 of those dont interest me at all. and portal 2 and brink i dont care for either, TOR late 2011 is supposed to come out i think? that i am very excited for. i probably wont even play the MMO aspect of it, just roll it single player style, as thats what it SHOULD have been in the first place /endrant
This. I am really excited for TOR, can't wait until that comes out. Brink also looks really interesting to me, but I will just have to wait patiently until then. Next year at least has the potential to be a great year of games, and hopefully it will be.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Yes, it will boast some of the best games yet.

Like how 2010 boasted the best games yet.
Like how 2009 boasted the best games yet.
Like how 2008 boasted the best games yet.

You get the idea: Every year will always boast the best games yet.

ICanBreakTheseCuffs

Jun 4, 2010
googleit6 said:

Anyways, New Vegas looks pretty sweet, which is coming out next month, and AC:B is coming out in two months. So, I'm pretty stoked for the next two months. I'm not worrying so much about next year, considering I hope to get a ps2 and get started on all the older games I've been dying to finally get around to after Christmas.
multiplayer and assassins creed is like the worst mixup ever!

OT:bulletstorm and Deus Ex are the only ones I care for.
if Duke Nukem Forever actually comes out,most people won't buy it because they just wouldn't buy it because they lost hope and probably won't even believe it's coming out.
PS:I'm talking about non-escapees

googleit6

May 12, 2010
ICanBreakTheseCuffs said:
googleit6 said:

multiplayer and assassins creed is like the worst mixup ever!

OT:bulletstorm and Deus Ex are the only ones I care for.
if Duke Nukem Forever actually comes out,most people won't buy it because they just wouldn't buy it because they lost hope and probably won't even believe it's coming out.
PS:I'm talking about non-escapees
Ah, you wound me with your cruel, cruel words, good sir. Give them a chance, I say! To me, at least, the multiplayer looks like it could be insanely entertaining. Also remember that there IS a story mission as well, and you don't have to play the multiplayer if you don't want to!

Sev72

Apr 13, 2009
Your forgot Dust 514 and From Dust, not to mention TOR and a host of other smaller titles people will needlessly bring up.

On topic, theoretically maybe, however nostalgia doesn't really make this a fair fight in some eyes.

Nwabudike Morgan

Oct 25, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Yes, it will boast some of the best games yet.

Like how 2010 boasted the best games yet.
Like how 2009 boasted the best games yet.
Like how 2008 boasted the best games yet.

You get the idea: Every year will always boast the best games yet.
None of those years featured Duke Nukem Forever. None of them fulfilled a dream.

Justanothergamer300

Jul 5, 2009
A first I really want to play the single player for gears 3.
I want to see if all the cog's can make it out alive.

And bulletstorm looks awesome.

And I liked Dead space 1 some 2 will make me shyit me pants again

so yea 2011 will be a great year plus all Downloadable games