Poll: A question for Escapist readers from the UK.

DJjaffacake

Jan 7, 2012
Madcat75 said:
Matthew94 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Madcat75 said:
When Plaid Cymru and Scottish National parties are included in the so called "British Goverment" then I will be happy, how can it be a true British Goverment when nearly everyone in it is English.
Current political climate isn't one you approve of.

Therefore, aliens conspiracy?
I think they are jealous of the quality of tea in England. They would rather be a country that has rejected tea than an area of the UK with bad quality tea.

Clearly.
The Prime Minister maybe scottish but you look at the front bench and they are ALL English, every law passed in the "UK", is always passed for the benefit of the English and only the English, the so called "Welsh Assembly" is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the English Goverment.
Are you... are you from the past? The Prime Minister hasn't been Scottish for over two years. And have you any evidence that the Welsh Assembly is a, "mouthpiece for the English Government," or are you just saying that because it makes you feel more comfortable in your borderline xenophobia?

[sub][sub][sub]This really needs moving to R&P[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Madcat75 said:
You posted that mappy thing after I posted
A quick google shows that both sources credited for that map are not historically accurate. That may as well be a map of Westeros for all it proves.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Madcat75 said:
In sports I will NEVER support England, in the Olympics I will support Welsh, Scottish and Irish athletes but I will not support one English Athlete.
That's an awful mentality you have there. Just because the Iron Lady closed down the mines doesn't mean you should hate the english.

EDIT: Edited my post possibly a little mean

Dec 14, 2009
Matthew94 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Madcat75 said:
I wonder how the English would feel if the UK still looked like this and they were ruled by the Welsh instead of being the ones in power and control.

The English have also screwed over the other nations, they closed every Coal Mine in Wales and ruined thousands of Welsh Families before they even considered closing ONE English Mine.

In sports I will NEVER support England, in the Olympics I will support Welsh, Scottish and Irish athletes but I will not support one English Athlete.
Excuse me?

The English?

No, I think you'll find that was a few of the English.

I certainly had no hand closing down any mines.

Stop fucking generalising.
Daystar, it's clear you have to represent the whole of England to satisfy this man's need for revenge. I've brought some backup.

Christopher Lee disapproves of this thread.
I just don't understand some people.

Some of the most hilarious times of my life are when I share a table with the Irish, the Welsh and the Scottish.

Sure, we have history, but we're mates now.

Madcat75

May 7, 2010
ToTaL LoLiGe said:
Madcat75 said:
You're a fucking bigot.
Nope I am just sick of having 1966 thrown up everytime England play, I am sick of having any sports success by Wales, Scotland and Ireland being relegated to the inside back pages of the Newspapers so that England can be put on the back pages, I am sick of seing that racist bigoted Carlsberg "How to be an England Fan Advert" being shown every 5 minutes, hearing "Three Lions" or "Noble England" by Rik Mayall being played constently on the Radio, how would you feel if everything you seen in the Newspapers/TV or heard on the Newspapers was always only about Wales or Scotland.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Madcat75 said:
I wonder how the English would feel if the UK still looked like this and they were ruled by the Welsh instead of being the ones in power and control.

The English have also screwed over the other nations, they closed every Coal Mine in Wales and ruined thousands of Welsh Families before they even considered closing ONE English Mine.

Hardliner much?

First, last, the unions fucked all the miners the same (blocking mechanisation but complaining about dangerous working conditions, well no shit it's a mine.)

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Madcat75 said:
ToTaL LoLiGe said:
Madcat75 said:
You're a fucking bigot.
Nope I am just sick of having 1966 thrown up everytime England play, I am sick of having any sports success by Wales, Scotland and Ireland being relegated to the inside back pages of the Newspapers so that England can be put on the back pages, I am sick of seing that racist bigoted Carlsberg "How to be an England Fan Advert" being shown every 5 minutes, hearing "Three Lions" or "Noble England" by Rik Mayall being played constently on the Radio, how would you feel if everything you seen in the Newspapers/TV or heard on the Newspapers was always only about Wales or Scotland.
It's funny you say that because I live in Scotland and everything sports related is about Scotland. The newspapers always point out when something is Scottish, I don't care. I just think "why does it matter what nationality it/they is?" I see myself as British and wish the few people that want independence could see themselves as British too.

EDIT: No reply, I think I won.

DJjaffacake

Jan 7, 2012
Madcat75 said:
ToTaL LoLiGe said:
Madcat75 said:
You're a fucking bigot.
Hate to break this to you, but England are the only one of the Home Nations that consistently do well at sports, that's why they get more coverage. In the only sport where that isn't the case, Rugby, the coverage is equal.

Madcat75

May 7, 2010
DJjaffacake said:
Hate to break this to you, but England are the only one of the Home Nations that consistently do well at sports, that's why they get more coverage. In the only sport where that isn't the case, Rugby, the coverage is equal.
I think you will find in Rugby Wales have a significant advantage, 2011 6 Nations Championship Winners (Grand Slam winners as well, 4th place in the Rugby World Cup ( we would have won it if the French had not cheated and had a French Referee in charge of the game(nothing was done about if it had happened to England would have been reported all over the World))

DJjaffacake

Jan 7, 2012
Madcat75 said:
DJjaffacake said:
I think you will find in Rugby Wales have a significant advantage, 2011 6 Nations Championship Winners (Grand Slam winners as well, 4th place in the Rugby World Cup ( we would have won it if the French had not cheated and had a French Referee in charge of the game(nothing was done about if it had happened to England would have been reported all over the World))
I bolded it now and everything so you can't possibly miss it.

thelonewolf266

Nov 18, 2010
I see myself as Scottish, that said I also like Britain and have no real problem as being identified as British.So I probably would change it but not because I hate Britain or anything like that.

jimborious

Apr 14, 2009
Madcat75 said:
ToTaL LoLiGe said:
Madcat75 said:
You're a fucking bigot.
This from the the nation who's anthem for the last few 6 Nations tournements is a song called "as long as we beat the English"

Madcat75

May 7, 2010
Maybe you should watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j617mImHVvk&feature=related

UNBIASED scientific proof that the Welsh are the TRUE British.

DJjaffacake

Jan 7, 2012
Madcat75 said:

The Celts migrated from Europe to the British Isles just like the Saxons, Vikings, Normans, Huguenots and everyone else. There's no such thing as "True British." You sound worryingly like the EDL.

Dec 14, 2009
Madcat75 said:

True British?

Oh my.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Well from September I'll be studying in Wales...

So while I'm there as an Englishman eating Scottish beef, drinking Irish beer and shagging Welsh women I might forgiven for thinking how nice it is we call all get along and be British.

Madcat75

May 7, 2010
How typical when the English keep going on about "INGERLAND" it is ok, yet the moment the Welsh, Scottish or Irish do the same we are "bigots", because I do not support England I am a bigot?? Name me ONE time the English have supported one of the other nations in a sporting contest, when Wales played France in the 2011 Rugby World Cup every English person I knew was shouting on France, but I forget the English are NEVER bigoted.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Madcat75 said:
How typical when the English keep going on about "INGERLAND" it is ok, yet the moment the Welsh, Scottish or Irish do the same we are "bigots", because I do not support England I am a bigot?? Name me ONE time the English have supported one of the other nations in a sporting contest, when Wales played France in the 2011 Rugby World Cup every English person I knew was shouting on France, but I forget the English are NEVER bigoted.
There's nothing wrong with a bit of home nations rivalry, the reason I said you were bigoted is because you said you'd cheer on everyone but the English. The English support British athletes during the Olympics, a lot of those athletes are Scottish and welsh.