Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
It totally depends

Nostalgic ones: Yes
Ones that MAY catch my curiosity: Yes
New ones that are mindless entertainment (If any): No

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
well as of a few months ago, i am considered an adult :p so yeah i still like cartoons, and probably always will. and im glad :D

id also feel like a douche if i followed the MTV crowd like most other people my age

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Cartoons are not a children's medium. It's as simple as that. I enjoy my occasional cartoon from when I was younger, but I mainly love the more mature animated shows and films, like a lot of anime and the very, very rare work of western animation that actually takes the medium seriously (in other words, Pixar and Avatar: The Last Airbender).

Animation is perfectly capable of telling good and dramatic stories. I can't stand it when people don't understand that ("Wait, Up is really emotional? But isn't it a cartoon?"). It's such a closed-minded and artistically ignorant way of looking at film in general to think that animation is somehow inherently incapable of serious and good storytelling.

As for favorites, Avatar: The Last Airbender is not only my favorite cartoon, it's my favorite show ever. Impressive considering it's technically a kids show and I'm 21, but then most of that show's fanbase is high school and college age...

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Yes. Simpson's count right?

anthony87 said:
Well I'm 21 and I think that Phineas and Ferb is awesome.
They have a lot of jokes only adults will get. Also we get to appreciate running jokes and the over all ridiculousness about it.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Oh definitely.

I love Phineas and Ferb! It is awesome and funny and the music is kick ass. I also watch Ben 10 and it's sequel: Alien Force, Generator Rex, Chowder, Adventure Time sometimes and The Regular Show sometimes as well. And occasionally, I'll look at Spongebob SquarePants, Penguins of Madagascar... Back when they were on, I used to watch Rocket Power, Huntik, 16 and Stoked

And then there is anime. That's not even a question.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I'd be pissed that adults are seeming quite accepted for liking Harry Potter, which is a series of kid's books, yet other stuff pigeonholed as for kids is mocked if an adult or even teen enjoys them.

Even if the format is seen as kid's stuff when the content is adult, like some graphic novels, video games and cartoons.

Also, putting a moody cover on Harry Potter doesn't turn it into an adult novel. By all means enjoy it, but don't pretend you're any more mature than someone who likes Spongebob because of it :D

May 5, 2010
Well, I liked Toy Story, but that's because the franchise was essentially made for people my exact age. Seriously, I moved to my dorm, like, a month after the Toy Story kid did. Also, it's fucking Pixar. That's what they do.

I also liked the "Avatar" cartoon after my friends, who had seen it when they were kids, urged me to check it out, saying it had "adult themes" despite being technically for kids. I have to admit, they were right, it was quite good.

Zoroastres

Sep 13, 2007
I'm 23 or 24. 23, I think. Anyway, I watch some anime, and don't feel bad about it. In terms of quality science-fiction, anime's pretty much the only venue open to me.

I don't think format matters. If something is animated or live-action... who cares? It's content that's important. I'd rather watch a good cartoon than a bad movie, and likewise, would rather watch a good movie than a bad cartoon.

XShrike

Sep 11, 2007
I don't care what the form is as long as I find it entertaining. I am always on the lookout for new entertainment. Sturgeon's Second Law, "Ninety percent of everything is crap." If I did limit what form it is, I would have to look considerably harder for anything good.

Grouping everything animated as for kids is also a form of bigotry. Stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

There is also so much more you can do with animation than you can do with live action and to an extent CG.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
ReservoirAngel said:
This ia a question directed to everyone here who legally qualifies as an adult. Do you still enjoy watching cartoons?

I ask cause I was recently called a ****** for still watching a cartoon on the Disney channel (cartoon in question was 'Phineas and Ferb'), and was just wondering if any other 'adults' still enjoy the odd cartoon every now and again.
Of course I do. Cartoons are awesome. I may legally be an adult, but show me where I signed off my right to have fun in any way I please. I embrace my inner child, because that's who I am.

Not everyone may gain enjoyment from cartoons, and that's entirely their preference, but any adult who bashes cartoons for being childish is just lying to themselves to make them seem more mature than those who love them. And I pity them for their egos.