Poll: Adults and cartoons

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Coyote and Roadrunner FTW!

Many people tell me I'm immature for it, but it really is my favorite cartoon.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Would I have this avatar if I didn't like cartoons? Okay, so maybe Disney movies don't count as cartoons in some people's eyes, but I still watch stuff like Kim Possible, Batman: The Animated Series, The Powerpuff Girls, and innumerable other things I used to watch when I was growing up (*coughPowerRangerscough*). Seriously, I'd be here all day if I listed all the things I'll still happily watch from my childhood.

I've got to say, I can't help but laugh at people who are all smug about looking down on others for liking something. That sort of condescending attitude is just hilarious to me. It's hard to take that kind of smarmy cynicism seriously when you know they like stuff that's considered just as geeky or weird by the outside world. =P

CarrieWhitaker

Oct 11, 2010
Heck yeah I watch cartoons. Always will :) And I'm 36. :)

All time favorite for me really has to go to a short running show that got screwed by the network.

All who remember SWAT Kats as the most awesome thing ever, stand fast! You're never alone!

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
yes I watch both cartoons and anime. Although I have learned to stay away from the cartoons I grew up on. You know the Gi joes/thundercats/transformers from back in the day. Cuz man they are terrible now. Or they were terrible then and I didn't know better.

CarrieWhitaker

Oct 11, 2010
squid5580 said:
yes I watch both cartoons and anime. Although I have learned to stay away from the cartoons I grew up on. You know the Gi joes/thundercats/transformers from back in the day. Cuz man they are terrible now. Or they were terrible then and I didn't know better.
Oh god... lol. I remember going back and watching Further Adventures of GI Joe (Pyramid of Darkness, started the weekly show), a year or so ago. I had to stop the video and laugh for 5 minutes at one point, after seeing someone fly an F-14 down low enough to scrape the wing across the body of a tank. Then be pulled up and flown away undamaged after cutting the tank in half(!). :p

Again, I had to stop and laugh for 5 minutes before I could even think about starting it u9p again.

Zarmi

Jul 16, 2010
Depends strongly on which one it is. Every new cartoon today almost makes me cry, as it's just.. not the same as when I grew up. Back then, it was so much better. >.<

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I will willingly watch a good cartoon. As examples, I recently watched the following cartoons and enjoyed them:

Up
Wall-E
Futurama Season 5

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
CarrieWhitaker said:
All time favorite for me really has to go to a short running show that got screwed by the network.

All who remember SWAT Kats as the most awesome thing ever, stand fast! You're never alone!
go season 2 intro
The people that canceled this show should be banned from the entertainment industry forever.

squid5580 said:
I agree some series do not stand the test of time. The original transformers is so filled with plot holes, appearing and disappearing transformers, template errors etc. G.I. Joe animation was always over the top(makes it funny that that is the most heard complaint about the live action movie).
Some series do look as good as they did the first time i watched them(like jayce and the wheeled warriors, and my personal favorite The adventures of the galaxy rangers <3)

If you bought the dvd boxsets of that series (and i proudly own those) it contains a cute music video of the complete song from the intro.

Since you clicked on it, my all time favorite series is a more recent one it is called Exo squad. For the people that still might remember them the intro from season one.
I love this series (even today) and i hated it that the 3rd season got canceled. Season 2 ended in a real big clifhanger. It did wrap up the season 2 storyline but something much bigger threatened the earth in the last eps.

CarrieWhitaker

Oct 11, 2010
D Moness said:
CarrieWhitaker said:

go season 2 intro
The people that canceled this show should be banned from the entertainment industry forever.
Yes, they should. :) Glad someone else remembers it so well :)

And... crap. embedding disabled.

Siyano_v1legacy

Jul 27, 2010
I'm 27 year old and I still like cartoon alot, I always catch the last South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons. I even liked the 12-ish episode of Season 2 of Futurama (those made in 2010)

michaelod

Jan 3, 2011
I still watch cartoons, but only when I'm alone, I feel awkward watching them with others around me.

I generally enjoy the dark comedy that's in a lot of cartoons, or if they have an unusual art style or concept, one fairly recent cartoon that I found myself enjoying greatly was Flapjack.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
CarrieWhitaker said:
And... crap. embedding disabled.
Yes on all the versions i found on youtube :(
I normally check before posting but non of the s2 intro's worked (didn't check intro 1 since i love the guitar riff on season 2(great use of music on the whole series)).

The reason for canceling ... it was too violent :( , there is a script for the last eps of season 2 but it was never made(reminds me of the final eps of the dungeons and dragons animation that was also never made)

Horus Lupercal

Mar 17, 2010
I am 28 and I watch Phineas and Ferb among other cartoons.
As I always say You can not grow up before you find the child in you