Poll: After the china-incident do tou believe in aliens?

TheBlueRabbit

Ballistic Comedian
Jan 9, 2009
Diligent said:
TheBlueRabbit said:
In a universe as expansive and diverse as this, I truly believe that it's typical human arrogance to assume we must be alone in it.
And conversely, it is typical human arrogance to believe that an advanced species would even consider visiting this little backwater planet.

I believe that there is alien life out there, I do not think Chinas military test was one of their ships.
Agreed. I guess I should have specified about my thoughts on being visited, but you summed it up for me so nicely.

RedBeta22

Aug 28, 2008
It just looked like a rocket or missile the went haywire during launch. No aliens here.

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
Isn't the universe infinitly big? And it keeps expanding? And each new star system potentially has a planet that can support life? Maybe not as we know it, but life nonetheless? Therefore, assuming/asserting there is no life in the universe is rather think-headed.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Yes, I believe in aliens, but what I don't believe in is that the aliens can invent ships that are impractically small, strangely shaped, and can fly so much faster than light that they can travel through the galaxy without dying of old age. Also, that they would choose to come here.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
I don't know, but if there are, I believe I have enough experience with this sort of thing to deal with them.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
Its rather close-minded to think that in this nearly infinite ever expanding universe that we are the only form of sentient life. Its also rather close-minded to believe they'd be hanging out in our stratosphere. If aliens ever came to Earth, I would bet it wouldn't be under optimal circumstances.

EboMan7x

Jul 20, 2009
The probability of earth being the only inhabitable planet in the universe is like... impossible. Of course there are aliens, although I'm not sure I believe we'll ever come in contact with them.

cavemano727

Aug 29, 2008
I 100% beleive in other inteligant life in the galaxy. However, U.F.O.'s are a matter that I just say I'm not sure about. There have a been a lot of sightings and a lot of hoaxes. I'd defend U.F.O.'s in an argument however.

Aliens could come into contact once very large power sources were found. Teleportation exists but requires a large amount of energy to move a particle across a room. Second of all. For communication. A qauntom entanglemant super computer would work just fine. Bits of data, or a video, could be streamed across instantly.

May 5, 2010
Well, of course I believe in aliens. The universe is so vast and time is so....infinite....that it's really impossible for them NOT to exist.

I just don't think they've been anywhere near us.

Arcanz

Jun 25, 2009
Believe in aliens, yes.
Believe aliens have visited earth and flew across majors cities playing "look at us asswipes, you'll never catch this", no

Crimson King

May 16, 2009
Space is a big place, to believe that there's no other life out there is, in itself, hard to believe.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
El Poncho said:
It is kinda hard not to believe in Aliens. You can't possibly think in this infinite universe that we are the only planet with lifeforms on it?
That. Plus I think Roswell was much more significant anyway...

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
I believe in aliens but whenever I hear about a possible alien craft sighting I take it with a high level of skepticism.

wiX_88

Sep 14, 2009
Okay, let's be clear here. I don't think any of us care if you believe in aliens or not. Now, if anyone has some actual imperical evidence that would maybe point to it being or not being a terrestial object, that would be welcome.

Plus, that just looked like a rocket. Seriously, watch the video.

cjackson92

Mar 6, 2009
We have to consider that China may have "admitted" to this being a military experiment just to take advantage of the situation. To make people think they have even more tricks up their sleeves. I don't believe it was any kind of Aliens, but it could have been another country's, although it is far more likely China isn't lying.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
It didn't influence my stance- that everything may or may not exist until it is proven to be either. So, I suppose I believe both.