Poll: are the expectashons of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to high

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
AvacuumSALESMAN said:
Infinity Ward makes the good CoDs, it's Treyarch that whored the franchise by making all these other bad CoDs like World at War. I don't think Infinity Ward will disappoint with Modern Warfare 2.
Only good part of World at War are the zombies.

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
I liked CoD4 because of the pacing: no one doubts the series' ability to deliver shooting action, but to chop and change between the two storylines so skilfully and get the timing right of those changes was what made it a stand-out in my opinion.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Mornelithe said:
I expect garbage, and I'm sure they won't disappoint.
This.

I just can't wait until 13 year-old CoD fanboys start claiming duel-wielding desert eagles is realistic.

Fudgo

Apr 11, 2009
I seriously doubt it's going to be a big disappointment. From what I've heard, they're basically taking all the good things from CoD4 and going further, like more killstreak rewards, upgradable perks, and sticky grenades. STICKY GRENADES!!

And I've also heard they're implementing something in the game to make modded controllers useless, which they're also going to put into CoD4.

DannyBarnes

Aug 11, 2009
im not expecting a great deal from it, its basically just modern warefare with a new environment and a few new guns to use...
they wont change the combat in anyway cos they cant without keeping the fanbase it has on its side.

also js a little dig at it, when are they going to make it bloody like a actualy war would be in real life? you shoot somebody and a little bit of blood comes??
it would be alot more fun if when you shot someone they bled lots ^_^
thats just me tho..

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
I say yes definitely.

Let's be honest, before CoD4 not many people thought overly highly of the CoD series. Yeah sure there was a few fans, but it didn't really get the fanbase that it has now until CoD4, purely because CoD4 tried something different to the rest of the series which was to sidestep from the whole (let's face it... generic) World War II setting, which won the adulation of many gamers.

Nobody had high expectations of Call of Duty 4, but after CoD4 the series has a fanbase that expects high standards.

megs1120

Wing Commander
Jul 27, 2009
Joshimodo said:
Mornelithe said:
I expect garbage, and I'm sure they won't disappoint.
This.

I just can't wait until 13 year-old CoD fanboys start claiming duel-wielding desert eagles is realistic.
Oh, I've already seen that, from adults, no less.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Armored Prayer said:
Yeah a little.

I mean nothing groundbreaking, just more of what the fans want.
Agreed. Im not looking forward to it. But then again I didnt like Modern Warfare in the first place. I thought it was generic.

But I dont think its going to let itself down.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
megs1120 said:
Oh, I've already seen that, from adults, no less.
...are you kidding?
I'm looking forward to that!
Because then I'm going to take them to a firing range, hand them two of the massive guns, and watch as they injure themselves.

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
They set themselves up to fail the second they announced the game, it's going to be that same as Cod 4 with a couple of cheap additions stapled onto the side.

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
Phenakist said:
They set themselves up to fail the second they announced the game, it's going to be that same as Cod 4 with a couple of cheap additions stapled onto the side.
Considering that CoD:MW was absolutely awesome I fail to see how the same thing with extra bits will be bad. If you're that against the idea, think of it as an expansion and enjoy it for the extra gameplay alone.

I expect some people are set on hating it for the fact that it'll be popular alone, y'know a "I HAVE AN INTERESTING AND DIFFERENT OPINION" kind of thing.

Jun 11, 2008
TelHybrid said:
I say yes definitely.

Let's be honest, before CoD4 not many people thought overly highly of the CoD series. Yeah sure there was a few fans, but it didn't really get the fanbase that it has now until CoD4, purely because CoD4 tried something different to the rest of the series which was to sidestep from the whole (let's face it... generic) World War II setting, which won the adulation of many gamers.

Nobody had high expectations of Call of Duty 4, but after CoD4 the series has a fanbase that expects high standards.
Em your dead wrong there CoD had a fairly big and decent fan base before Call Of Duty 4 with CoD2 being the second most played game on xfire(second to WoW) with CoD2 remaining in third place with CoD4 in second place.

OT:Yes I expect CoD:MW2 will stick to standards I expect from Infinty Ward.

Saying something like MW2 will be like CoD 4.5 is like saying Crash Bandicoot 2 was Crash Bandicoot 1.5 because they are hardly going to change the core aspects of a franchise and besides what could they change it to.

The only people who's expectations it won't live up to are people who think the game will bring about the second coming of Jesus.

Hopefully though they make it more of PC shooter than a console one and less of maps like Creek and Killhouse.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
If Modern Warfare 2 had been sold as some revolution of the gaming industry, then I would say yes. However, they have only pitched it as a quality FPS and added a few new touch-ups to the old formula. I think their hype meter is right where it needs to be for them to live up to expectations.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I don't play many realistic shooters, so if I get it it will probably still be great.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Maybe, but then again, they just announced that Hans Zimmer will compose the soundtrack. They're not hyping it as a revolutionary game, just as a really good game. CoD4 was indeed pretty damn good, we'll see how MW2 fares.