Poll: Are you a Camper

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I've never understood why people expect snipers to camp. News flash: good snipers don't camp. Camping is how you lose your kill streak as a sniper. You kill a guy, maybe 2, then they're on to you and you're screwed. A good sniper moves after every single kill to remain hidden.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
LordCuthberton said:
CORRODED SIN said:
Easy question.

If you do, you ruin the game.
That is just prejudice. There are many factors and ideas in the human brain that can make one think if it is best for the situaton at hand, and that is not even mentioning if it even pays off.

CORRODED SIN said:
(Sniping is camping by nature, and that is how you use the weapon, so you do not count. This refers to when you are using anything except a sniper rifle.)
Yeash, just a sniper rifle? That is just being picky! Not even a "standard" rifle and sniping with it?
CORRODED SIN said:
I have a lot of time in online shooters.
So...?
CORRODED SIN said:
I know the percentage of Campers to Players.
Oh I see!

Oh wait, I don't.

You haven't showed us your statistics.
CORRODED SIN said:
(Camping is not playing the game.)
Really? Or is it just the ocassional underhand tactic that annoys you when it ruins a large spree?
CORRODED SIN said:
So just be honest.
Hence my scrutiny of your post.
CORRODED SIN said:
----------------
..........?
CORRODED SIN said:
I hate camping.
You said that already.
CORRODED SIN said:
I run around, usually with my Vector.
Oh I see MW2 right? You definitly lost a spree then!
[sub]Run around...WITH A TAC-KNIFE?![/sub]
CORRODED SIN said:
Just went 31-11 in hardcore TDM a little while ago.
Good for you! And I guess the "camper" didn't do as well? Does that not rest your fear/anger?
CORRODED SIN said:
Sorry about the 2 posts if you see both.
Apology accepted, even if I didn't see the two posts.
CORRODED SIN said:
I forgot the poll.
Good. Most polls have irrelevant options that tend to skew the results.
you have a lot of free time

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I camp for the stories I tell about my horrible experiences. Sometimes it can be fun but generally its miserable for us :p

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
mrF00bar said:
CORRODED SIN said:
Easy question.

(Sniping is camping by nature, and that is how you use the weapon, so you do not count. This refers to when you are using anything except a sniper rifle.)

I have a lot of time in online shooters. I know the percentage of Campers to Players. (Camping is not playing the game.)

So just be honest.

----------------

I hate camping. I run around, usually with my Vector. Just went 31-11 in hardcore TDM a little while ago.

Sorry about the 2 posts if you see both. I forgot the poll.
Camping is part of the game, always has been and always will be sniper or not. If you cant accept that, then it just goes to show how ignorant and immature you must be.
Thats new. I don't think I've been hate-spammed the "immature" card yet.

DarkHaibane

Sep 13, 2008
Make the map big enough, and camping IS the game.

If you don't like a camper, drop him a gift.

That's what grenades are for.

Otherwise, quit whining.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Hardly. I've camped as Demoman and Engineer in TF2, but that's inevitable and kind of the point.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
LordCuthberton said:
CORRODED SIN said:
you have a lot of free time
I would have to agree with you here!
I stopped reading it. My eyes got lost in all the lines. I just scrolled to see how long it was.

I wrote this post up when me and MW2 were going through some rough times, but we've figured things out, and she's not such a ***** anymore.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
to all those who camp in mw2 , although there is kill cam for payback locating , please pop smoke so my teammates can find ya easily

Pyromanaical

Sep 12, 2009
JoeNightmare said:
azncutthroat said:
JoeNightmare said:
camping is a legit, period. just like how any and all weapons are legit, any and all perks are legit,and any and all techniques are legit, any and all strategies are legit.
True, but it doesn't make you any less of a talentless douche.
talent is overrated. i'd rather have 50 kills and 3 people rage quit because of me then prance around with 3 kills and 34 deaths. Also, if you HAVE talent, then you wouldn't be mad at campers, you'd see them like i do, free kills. take out a few snipers with a pistol and then ill hear what you have to say.
Im going to have to say THIS ^

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
I cant exactly decide on this.. tecnically no, i dont just sit there waiting for enemys to walk by. However i regularly use assault rifles (the most accurate, preferably 3 round burst) so i sort of camp to snipe.. then move closer, repeat process.. and try to flank the enemy. If i get behind them with a silencer i can wipe out an entire team easily. So please, you tell me what i am..

GoodEyeSniper

Sep 9, 2008
As has been said by others, I simply can't be arsed sitting around waiting. I don't care about dying, I'mma run in and bust sh*t up. It's worked well so far.

AL21784

Dec 13, 2009
If I'm playing TF2, then I play sniper, then yes, but thast the nature of the toon I'm using, but on MW2 no I hate campers that are not snipers, I mostly run round with akimbo'd ranger with fmj with stopping power for added 'slap to the face ness', and go camper hunting. Much fun to be had :)

AL

MrZombie

Jan 14, 2010
I camp, a lot. Mainly because when you always play as sniper, there's not much else you can do.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
CORRODED SIN said:
Easy question.

I have a lot of time in online shooters. I know the percentage of Campers to Players. (Camping is not playing the game.)

So just be honest.

----------------

I hate camping. I run around, usually with my Vector. Just went 31-11 in hardcore TDM a little while ago.

Sorry about the 2 posts if you see both. I forgot the poll.
Better question: what's you're fav marshmellow to give the campers? Grenade, anyone?

ToastyTheCommie

Jan 10, 2010
I camp and I'm damn proud of it. I play games based on a sense or realism, and if it were a real life military engagement, I wouldn't consider for a milisecond running around spasticly firing from the hip. Hiding in a nice corner waiting for someone to come across my crosshairs is EXACTLY how I'd do it in reality and it is EXACTLY how I do it in a game.