Poll: Are you a compulsive reloader?

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
The worst thing to happend to you in an FPS is if you compulsivity reload when you're carrying an LMG. God, the reload times on those things...

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
In TF2, I have my game set to auto-reload every time I take a shot. Mind you, you can shoot mid-reload in that game.

I tend to reload during pauses in action to limit the number of reloads I need to do mid-combat in left 4 dead

Penguinness

May 25, 2010
Yup I definately compulsively reload. Still, I get a few good knife kills in counterstrike source due to people doing the same thing, love seeing them panic.

Mar 9, 2010
Always. In any safe zone I will reload, even if only 2 bullets have been fired. I've had kills that have required the full magazine so those 2 bullets can mean the difference between life or death. I have sleight of hand on all my CoD classes so I don't get caught out as much as others, if I do I just pull out my pistol and fire it with my surprisingly fast trigger finger.

stormcrow5

Jul 9, 2008
Depends on the gun, everything outher then LMGs yes but when it comes to them i dont reload at all and often get caught needing to reload when i start getting shot at

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
Yes I am. And one of the reasons I like tf2 is due to the auto reload function. (even though I bash "r" every time after a shot)
Also, reloads can be interrupted in tf2. which causes non deaths

SGDeath2

Jul 21, 2009
Every time i shoot, even if its just one bullet, cant help it. Battlefield and OP Flashpoint screwed me with that too with not counting total bullets but mag numbers

isnosche

Oct 4, 2010
haha, reading this it came to me, sooo many times have i died because i had to reload :D
Counterstrike comes to mind ....

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
A good way that I have been fighting this problem is using extended mags on CoD, with a LMG. Or playing Bad Company, and using their LMGs. I can kill more people in one go.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Not only do I reload whenever my magazine (or is it called a "clip"?) isn't full, but if I see ammo lying around I'll fire off a couple rounds just to pick it up.

Sep 14, 2009
I'm shying away from it, there are so many times where i will kill an enemy or two, reload, and in that exact moment that i hit the reload button two more enemies come around the corner in which i could have unloaded those last 10 bullets or so into them to at least get one of them.

(wow wtf, firefox didn't have the word "could" in it's dictionary..)

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I will reload if I have beaten a group of enemies, like in "Resident Evil 4" I will kill a group of Ganados and afterwards I will reload. I cannot run around without a full clip. It annoys the hell out of me if I watch someone play and they are running around with like 5 bullets in their clip and they can have a maximum of 15 or something. It jut bugs me.

CharlesBronson

Jun 12, 2010
Not only am I a compulsive reloader, I also have trouble in games like Red Orchestra. I dont want a clip left over with 11 rounds in it. I actually prefer to empty the whole clip (Chalk it up to suppressive fire) just so I know that I have mags with a full 30 rounds in them.

Lucky for me most games dont model jamming, or I would be sitting down and cleaning my weapon after every kill too.