Poll: Are you a compulsive reloader?

Reallink

Feb 17, 2011
When I do rarely venture into shooters, I will be reloading after most kills. Though this is also in cover based games like Gears and Uncharted, where its not a case of running away to reload, but just ducking back behind cover.

Goody

Jan 2, 2011
Ironman126 said:
I reload after every engagement. Not kill, necessarily, but every time the shooting stops or i get a break, i change mags. Whether it's in a video game or paintball, it makes no difference.

As a side note, if you're like a lot of people who reload and then get shot because of it, you should try paintball or airsoft. You will never reload at an inopportune time or without covering fire again.
This is what I'm like, and I'm also an airsofter so I don't reload unless I have to and it's safe to. I also have a pistol for if I don't have time to reload in a shootout. Although in video games where you have a pocket ammo count I relaod every chance I get, but in Socom, Ghost Recon, or Mercenaries, only when it is necessary.

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
Yes, but I always run some sort of speedy reload thing so it's never a problem. For example on Black Ops I'm running slight of hand and double tape ammo so if I reload mid fire fight I'm normally ok and the pro version give you faster ADS shorterning the point from reload to kill.

Motakikurushi

Jul 22, 2009
I guess I compulsively reload, but not during encounters or after shooting, I like to watch the reload animations during idle moments. Yeah, everybody did this on Fallout New Vegas, just pressing up on the d-pad to switch between ammo types while exploring.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
i do this. even in Aliens Vs Predator where you have 99 bullets in the gun i reload after the coast seems "clear" regardless of how many bullets i've actually used XD

Many a xenomorph/predator have slice and diced me while doing so ._.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
it's not that bad in online shooters but for example in fallout (3 and NV that is) i frequently change weapons to make sure all my guns are fully loaded. This was really bad in deus ex where reloading even a weapon with a full clip was possible.

ThongBonerstorm

Feb 22, 2010
ya the slight of hand perk is a must for me in cod, it grates at me. hell i have a real hard time using lmg's because i have to tell myself not to reload after 2-3 shots and it drives me nuts.

hyker

Feb 2, 2010
when I was young my compulsion was that my total ammo allways had to be dividable by the maximum that's in my inventory, so it's like I'm having actual clips
I remember when playinh half-life 1 I allways counted out on a calculater at what ammo do I have to reaload to make it dividable

anyway, yes, I1m a compulsive reloader, it caused me several deaths in multiplayer too

dawdarsd

Aug 16, 2010
yep,that's the cause of 50 percent of my deaths,25 percent when i forget to reload,and the other 25 are just deaths

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
This happens to me really often. I jsut can't stand being 3 bullets away from a full mag...
So i have to reload. But luckily, in MW2, i almost always use sleight of hand, so that kinda solves my problem. But still, sometimes I've gotten myself killed because of it.

Henrik Moeller

Apr 8, 2010
The ammo pool is dumb anyway, all games should have consistent magazines. (You save the magazine if there are still bullets inside it for later use.)

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I used to be, but lately I find myself checking ammo before deciding to reload. It improves my game significantly.