Poll: Are you a compulsive reloader?

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Yes, but I usually have the sense to duck first. My deaths-while-reloading have been reduced to an eigth of what they were since I started doing that.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
Zachary Young said:
I figure it makes more sense to take a chance on a reload than guarantee death by running around empty. I've had to train myself to not reload if I've got ammo and somebody's already shooting at me though.
This. I almost never forget to reload after an encounter, but I don't stop in the middle of the open, I try to stay concealed. If someone finds me, I just reload cancel by sprinting and try to shoot/knife them. I've trained myself on the timing for reload cancelling on nearly all the guns, SoH or not.

Light 086

Feb 10, 2011
I've been killed only a few times doing so. I always find a little corner or safe spot(usually near my allies) to reload. It has saved my life a bit more times than it has killed me. I also seen people get killed because they run out and reload in the middle of a fire fight. So I suppose it's all about luck and chance.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Yes. So much yes, even in games where it doesn't make sense.

It has gotten to the point where there's no conscious choice involved, it's like quicksaving in New Vegas.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
I reload the moment a battle is over or when there's a breif pause in combat That I do it unconciously would mean, yes, I am a compulsive reloader.
[sub]Clips. Another reason I prefer melee combat.[/sub]

moose_man

Nov 9, 2009
That dude's dead eh? Well, do I kill the others with ammo to spare, or run around in circles as I reload...

*circlecirclecircle*

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
If I'm playing seriously, in an average match of CoD4, I'll pop out of cover to fire maybe 1-3 bursts with my M16, get back in cover, reload, then repeat. I can usually pull off a 30 kill streak easily doing just this with my current record being about 43. If I have to reload while running and gunning, I stop, find cover from where I was running from, then reload. You don't know if someone is beyond the next corner, so it's suicide to just run in reloading.

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
LooK iTz Jinjo said:
Every time I kill an enemy, if I get a split second I'll attempt a reload. I often get caught in the act and it costs my life.
This is exactly what happens to me. Though I'd rather be caught reloading then caught without any ammo in the mag.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
I compulsively reload just because it's NOT a bad time to do so. Of all the things to kill my character, I don't want it to be gunfire.

elbowlick

Jul 1, 2009
If my clip isn't full and no one's around to shoot me in the face I will reload. To do otherwise would decrease my chances of survival and would thus be most illogical.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I reload a lot, but I know when I shouldn't.

High capacity weapons, such as LMGs or high-cap SMGs aren't reloaded often, and I reload whenever there's a quiet moment.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
I reload when I'm behind cover, after clearing a room, before entering a room, and, when using a long range gun, after every kill. I used to do it after every kill, but I've gotten much better. That said,
poiumty said:
Short answer: yes.

Long answer: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

28/30 bullets in my magazine? NOT ON MY WATCH

It's saved me more than it's killed me, honestly. 3 dudes with one clip, sometimes four. Not possible without reloading after every kill if no enemy is in sight. Also, a lot of times where i killed the guy with my last bullet. Like, if i had one bullet less in my magazine i'd be dead.
I often end up like this, and feel much more confident with a full magazine. So I guess it would be sometimes. (but on the high end)

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Yes, a million times. I get very annoyed when I'm spectating and see someone doesn't have a full clip. An ex-friend of mine was really annoying as he wandered around with 3 odd bullets in the clip in CoD and then moaned he couldn't kill anyone.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I'm getting used to controlling my need for reloading now, although because TF2 is a different game from my previous FPS I'm going to have to go through the ugly phase again.

In Reach I reload when no one is around. Only because I know how to do such in that game.