Poll: Are you a Lurker?

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Sometimes. Really depends on the subject of the post. But I did go on a posting spree a while ago to get my post count to a 1000. But that was a while ago.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
I don't lurk. I have this annoying habit of shooting off my opinion to anyone who might listen. In here and in real life.

I literally kind of dislike myself for how much i like talking about my opinions
But there, I did it again :(

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
God no. This is me we're talking about. I can't shut up. Sure, there are plenty of times where I backclick on a post when I think it's not that great, or just don't have much to say that day, but it feels like I'm always posting.

I'm one of those people where, if I'm not posting, it's because I'm not online, or I'm not visiting the site at that time.

dhd

Jan 6, 2010
I almost always lurk, on most forums I read. Even on the Escapist, I'm here mostly for the videos.
It just seems like anything I would like to say, has already been said, and I don't feel any need to post it again. I mean, who actually reads the whole X amount of pages in a thread? so anything I post would probably go unnoticed anyway.

Felgy76

Oct 29, 2008
Joined October 29, 2008.
This makes post number 73.
Yes, I think that qualifies as lurking.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
That whay I used to do on here before I join! These day however I only do it if the topic is interesting but I have nothing to say about the topic.

MikhailGH

Jun 11, 2010
Its often that similar thought to mine have already been said, so I don't feel the need to share mine. Simple as that. And when I see a post with 16 pages of responses I know that my comment won't really be important ^^

albear

May 18, 2009
ill take part in the polls (if its a poll thread im on)

but yeah most of the time ill just read what others have said and not give my own input,

i will post if i havent spotted a post that represents how i feel/ what i think about the topic in question, (if i can spot a response similar to what mine would be on the first page)

but chances are there are others that do fell the same way as me and have posted as such and i dont see the point in stating what has already been said :)

- as ive just noticed has already been said above ^^ :(

sjrskl

Mar 30, 2010
yeah never really feel like i have to contribute to threads but usually do take part in polls

CactiComplex

Jan 22, 2011
I'd say I have a 50% lurk rate most of the time, yet here I've been oddly active with at least a post a day since joining. Unusual, really, given that my traditional approach is to lurk for a good few weeks before posting...

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
Youtube has taught me that it's better to read the comments, form your opinion about them, type a response and then delete the response without posting it.

That way you avoid flamewars and your inbox being spammed by haters because whatever you say, they will hate you.

Youtube really has a bad influence on me ;(

So yeah, I'm a lurker as my post count should show. I've been here about...4-5 years now?

Penguinness

May 25, 2010
Yeah I generally lurk. Infact I've don't think I've ever posted a comment on someone's youtube video, unless it was a friend's one.

Rinji

Feb 9, 2011
Up until yesterday I've lurked for over 2 years... yeah... so, in a way, I know some of the people here better than they know me.

Not to be creepy or anything... <.<

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Greyah said:
Always_Remain said:
Going into other peoples threads and not posting at all. Just reading what others post. I.E. Lurking.
I see. I used to only visit these forums, without even having an account here, just reading. Though lately I've started to spend more and more time here reading, as well as posting a bit. Especially the last few days. I still tend read way more threads than I reply to, simply because I can not think of something to add.
It's how it starts, the occasional post becomes "I have to get mah fix!".

On topic. it's about 50/50, sometimes I will just click a random thread and have a read, sometimes a thread will catch my eye and I will post.

I don't think anybody can claim to post on every single thread they click on, they might do though.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
CODE-D said:
Always_Remain said:
Greyah said:
I'm afraid I don't quite know what people mean with the term "lurking". Could anyone please explain?
Going into other peoples threads and not posting at all. Just reading what others post. I.E. Lurking.
Why is that a bad thing, if youve got nothing to say or contribute theres no real reason to post.
I wasn't trying to imply it was a bad thing?

Penguinness said:
Yeah I generally lurk. Infact I've don't think I've ever posted a comment on someone's youtube video, unless it was a friend's one.
Can't blame you. Youtube's community does kind of suck. A lot.