Poll: are you bespectacled ?

Captainguy42

Is trapped in a title factory.
May 20, 2009
I wear contacts, I uses to use glasses but imlost them too often. Contacts are harder to lose because their stuck to your eyeballs, and they are cheaper to replace. That said their a ***** during alergy season.

I honestly think girls with glasses are sexy.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
I am technically nearsighted, but I passed my driving test without my glasses (I don't use contacts), so I rarely wear them unless I want to look intelligent or see something in the far distance.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
voorhees123 said:
sky14kemea said:
I'd wear contacts but I hate putting things in my eye, and I'm worried I'd fall asleep with them in and have to get them surgically removed.
Contacts are fine, you just got to get your eye used to having something stuck in them. Took me a while to get used to them as my eye kept shutting every time my finger went near it. As for sleeping in them, it doesnt matter much, just they dry out and can stick (for want of a better word) but can be removed without much issue. Mostly you just blink your eyes to get the tear ducts working or add some drops to them to soften then and they pop out normally. Its good to keep glasses as well. I wore contacts while on a flight from UK to Florida, plane got delayed and someone was ill. By the time i got their i had been awake almost 28 hours. My eyes were so bloodshot that i could have been a zombie. :) So its good to wear both, if indoors then wear glasses. If you sleep in your contacts, no big deal, but it can make your eyes bloodshot. But its very rare that you would sleep in them.

You have nothing to worry about.
That is a bit reassuring. =]

Do they tend to fall out a lot? Or is that just a joke they use too much on sitcoms and stuff. :/

Phisi

Jun 1, 2011
I have a monocle for my eye that got damaged in the great war. Commoners *tilts nose up*.

Ignoring that episode of silliness, no glasses of any form for me.

easternflame

Cosmic Rays of Undeadly Fire
Nov 2, 2010
Very funny. Got my attention.
I don't wear glasses. I actually see 20/20 which is weird because my whole family wears glasses. Mom, dad, grandparents from both sides, sisters, etc...
I'm lucky in a way.

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
DJDarque said:
glyphseeker said:
dday4you said:
well i am bespectacled, most of my friends are bespectacled. so are you? and how long have you been bespectacled?
i belive you should explain what that is as i am lazy and dont wanna google it
Wearing glasses. No offense, but you might want to expand your vocabulary.
I'd never even heard of the word before O_O

Anyway no, so far in my life I have not required to wear any glasses or have contacts. The again I'm only 14 so my eyesight has a while to fail me.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Nope. But with the amount of shit I put my eyes through, I'm amazed there isn't anything wrong with them.
I might have one or two small 'scars' though, from messing with them. When I look at blank white I see a few marks, which must be my eyes.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
Since the age of 6, myself. With varying degrees of looking-like-a-berk-ness since then in terms of my choice of glasses. I was very keen on looking like a very small John Major when I was about 7.

Thamian

Sep 3, 2008
I wear glasses most of the time (like now) but do wear contacts for social occasions, and often at work (mainly so i don't get glare in my eyes from the lights... they blind me more than enough without the extra screwyness).

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
LuckyClover95 said:
Seriously, 52% of people answered yes? But... that's not true!
This is a forum full of nerds, it must be noted.
Hell, in my Physics class, it would have been around 70-80% wearing glasses/contacts.

olliefrom1990

Jun 17, 2011
Somehow no I don't need them, I mean all my sisters and my parents all wear them, and so do a lot of my family. Guess I've just been lucky.