Poll: are you bespectacled ?

spielburg

Jun 24, 2011
I dont't wear glasses but I should cause my right eye cant see shit but my left eye does see shit

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
Seriously, 52% of people answered yes? But... that's not true!
I have been given glasses as a trial as I am every so very slightly long sighted, and the glasses were meant to be if I was reading or writing for more than an hour not for permanent use, but I find they don't make a different so rarely wear them. I do enjoy the 'sexy secretary' look about them though ;D

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
I don't wear glasses, but I fear I may have to in the future, as the eyesight in my right eye has blurred over distance in the last three years.

Hawgh

Dec 24, 2007
I'm bespectacular!
Aaaanyways. No, I don't need glasses. One eye is slightly shortsighted compared to the others, but not enough to need assistance.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
I've had glasses for the past decade. Although I upgrade to contacts when I'm out and about. Waiting to get monies and eventually surgery or something. There's meant to be these contacts you wear at night while you sleep and they smush your eyes into the proper shape (most people's eyes are soccer ball shaped, mines are like rugby balls).

Currently I think I'm pretty blind at -2.5D. I don't know anyone with worse eyes than mine.

Although for anyone interested (whih is probably no one), Claudia Winkleman has (or had) a prescription of -14D. That's why she always kind of squinted when she presented stuff and clung on to her co-hosts, everything was super blurry to her.

and re: "bespectacled", the word's pretty self explanatory, what with spectacles, and the prefix be- meaning to wear/use. Clue's in the name.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Nope. Both eyes fully functional and ready to serve!

*votes in poll*

Huh. 63 glasses+contacts against VS 35 without. That was unexpected.

Perhaps I should invest in some fake frames so I fit in better around here.

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
DJDarque said:
glyphseeker said:
dday4you said:
well i am bespectacled, most of my friends are bespectacled. so are you? and how long have you been bespectacled?
i belive you should explain what that is as i am lazy and dont wanna google it
Wearing glasses. No offense, but you might want to expand your vocabulary.
Not knowing a word is fine, it's not getting context clues that is a problem (poll said "contacts").

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Brutal Peanut said:
I need my glasses for everything BUT reading. How's that for eyesight? lol
Q
Quite common actually. If you have problems seeing things from a distance, you have increased or just as good ability to see things that are close. Simply means you're near sighted.

OT: I wear glasses, I got -2.50, been using this strenght for about 3 months, and been using glasses (infrequently) for 3 years, started using them full time about 8 months ago since I kept forgetting them places. Also I couldn't see anything.

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
I don't need or wear glasses, and the majority of my friends don't either. My best friend wears glasses, and I constantly feel sorry for him. I mean, that must suck so bad, I couldn't even imagine not seeing a bird flying high overhead, or not being able to focus on my 40k miniatures.

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
Sitting at computers for months I've ended up being long-sighted AKA not being able to see things that are close to you properly.

I only wear my glasses when my eyes are to feel like they're cramping. XD Which is probably a very bad thing to do.

luclin92

Apr 22, 2009
yes i were glasses, but for a period i wore contact lenses but had to stop because of a soar on my left eye (that got worse because of the welding fumes). so now im wearing glasses all the time.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I don't need/wear glasses yet but seeing as I spend more of my day staring at a screen than not staring at one, I'll probably need them later in life.