Poll: Are you happy with your weight?

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
83kgs at the moment, perfectly happy with the way I am actually (feels really good being able to say that to be quite honest, was always 125kgs up until two years ago).

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
My body is a temple[footnote]It's *in* a temple, so...close enough[/footnote] and I can always chase up and down the hills if I want some proper exercise! Things could always be good deal worse. Regular daily walks or runs, for as little as 30-60 minutes, can do an immeasurable amount of good.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I view myself to be slightly overweight but in saying so I know for sure I would had weighted more if it weren't for my metabolism (I can eat alot without putting on too much weight).

Also according to the BMI calculator, I think I am still on the same zone with my given height and weight (I'm know I'm not 100% healthy since I get tried easily during a jog or playing an activity like Football).

Still the only time I actually lost weight by a noticeable amount was back in my Uni days when I was on a tight budget. I wasn't starving myself buy I did ate less to the point that it didn't satify my stomach enough (it still rumber sometime despite I had ate that day). Granted I pretty much had put back on my original weight and abit more thanks to being back with my parent (they always have large portions).

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
I swim at least 1.5k (60 lengths of a 25m pool) most days out of the week so my body is pretty lean and toned. So yes I'm very happy with my physique although of course I'd always like it to be better.

P.S I'm 170cm and weigh:

Stones: 11.
KG: 69.85.
Pounds: 154.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Lethos said:
By the way if anyone is looking for a healthy snack food, try almonds. Started snacking on them recently so I could completely phase out biscuits/cookies from my diet, and they're amazing. They fill you up, and from what I understand they're damn good for you. Moderation is still important though. I find 23-25 a day is enough to keep me full.
I've heard almonds are very good for that too. Low fat and high protein to fill you up. I don't like almonds but I've heard very good things about them as a replacement for your cookie snack :)

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
I've never really worried about my weight

I have somewhat of a beer gut that's only noticeable when my shirt is off, and even then only when I'm sitting down (it's more flat when I'm standing). A bit of toning would be nice, but it's not something I fret about much at all.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Well, I'm happy with my weight, but as far as I know, I'm still technically about 5-10 pounds underweight. No one would know that my looking at me, but medically speaking I'm still not "ideal". Of course, once I get above my current weight, I start feeling uncomfortable, so I'm reasonably happy where I am right now.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Yes. I bring all the boys to the yard.

But seriously, I don't really have an issue with my weight. I don't put on weight easily.
But I'm one of those smaller people who are totally unhealthy. I should work out more*, I wish I had some muscle.
I voted `Good weight but bad physique` for that reason.
I used to be proper underweight teeny tiny and while I liked being that size I realise that's not a good way to be so I'm happy being the weight I am now.

*Or... at all. Cake for dinner, anyone?

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I've got a pudgy belly now from spending a year on my ass doing computer programming. I really need to kick it into shape but the nights are so dark I can't do much. I'm going to start cycling when it gets lighter and warmer (did a bit in the Autumn but that finished quickly)

(although I'm six foot and 12.5 stone/175 pounds a.t.m, which is amazing considering my chocolate/coke diet and lack of any exercise)

I should really lose some weight and get a bit fitter, but at the same time as I write this I am working my way through an entire Cadbury Fingers box...

So I'm not exactly proactive at keeping my weight down.

Meh, I'll start cycling when it's warmer and that'll get me lean in a month, and give me buns of steel!

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I never really liked my weight because I weigh 20 pounds heavier than I look. On the other hand I look good so that's what matters really. I need to exercise more to get some strength and endurance, but that also makes me look skinnier and weigh even more. I feel like I must be super dense or something.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Nope. Fatty fat club.
I'm only 5'3 and I'm unsure of my weight currently because it fluctuates so much and the doctor didn't weigh me last time so I dunno. I know I'm too heavy for someone so short.
About... 8 people have commented in the past few weeks that I've lost weight and even though my jeans are falling off me I can't see it myself.
It's funny because a few years ago I was about 2/3 dress sizes smaller than I am now and even then I felt like I looked the same as I do now. I still felt huge despite everyone going, "Wow! you look so good!"

I'll never be skinny, nor do I want to be. My bone structure and hips are far too wide.

Raikas

Sep 4, 2012
I'm perfect, thanks.

More seriously, I'm pretty much exactly where the BMI shows as what someone of my height should be (allowing for being a bit of a cyborg, of course), so I can hardly complain. I mean, I could probably look better (or worse) but it's not really tied to weight for me (or physique in terms of build).

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Tnekrtena said:
I'm pretty happy with my weight. Wouldn't mind gaining muscle mass though, not really sure how to do it correctly though. Always end up getting confused from what I should be focusing on, how long I should be doing a particular exercise, if I'm doing it right and so on.

Be great to have a fitness coach/personal trainer to help me understand it all, but I don't have the money to make that a reality. Ah well, hopefully I'll figure it out soon.
It depends on your build, if you're a broad person it would look better to do high weight, low rep (end up looking like Arny). If you're more slender then low weight, high reps would suit you more (end up looking like Bruce Lee).

Of course, you could be slender and bulk up or broad and sinewy, it's up to you really.

Doing high reps also increases cardio, obviously.

On topic. I am a smidge over weight ... it actually looks like I have a beer belly, despite the fact I haven't touched alcohol in years! I've also started to get a double chin, so I am going to lose weight in the entirely wrong way.

I can go the whole day without feeling hungry and I've just started working, so at the moment I am not eating during the day and working (I am on my feet all day). Less calories in + being a little more active = less weight. The past 4 or 5 years I've been sat gaming and taking hour long walks every 2 or 3 days but snacking all day long.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Eh, I'm not entirely unhappy, but I could be in a lot better shape and I really should weigh more than I already do.
I'm 184cm and <70kg.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
Horrible, I was fit and muscular once, then I got a girlfriend that has a baking obsession, I didn't even really like sweet stuff before we met but now I am addicted. Worst of all she doesn't mind that I have gotten on the lard side of life.

But I am rather content for now, we have a great relationship and rather enjoy trying her various creations.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
6'4", ~300 pounds. That's 136 kg.

My weight is fine, actually. If I was as muscular as I should be, I'd be a somewhat terrifying monster of a man.

However, I'm not.

;_____;

I'm on the cusp of being motivated enough to start lifting again... I just need a little shove...

If I got back into lifting and swimming, the fat would go away and be replaced with muscle, so I don't think my weight would change much.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
It's funny- most of the people who think they're overweight aren't, at least in the comments. And they all seem to have handy excuses like 'it's okay because I'm 9'8"' or 'but it's all iron because I'm a muscle machine'.

I am properly overweight - no need to get into the numbers, really, I'll just feel like one of the flabby titans from that Attack On Titan - and have no cop out or excuse. But, I am trying to lose weight through diet now, at least until I can happily not-snack during the day (snacking seems to be the killer, along with soda pop, eating at night and of course, being a fatty), and work some cardio and weights back into my schedule. Somehow.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Hmm... I could stand to lose a little weight, but while I'm not happy with my weight, I'm not particularly unhappy about it either. I'd run to burn some calories, but my running shoes have fallen apart(I can scoop up change with them), and I cannot afford a new pair. I'd rather keep a little weight on than injure myself due to bad footwear.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
I honestly have no idea.
I'm 19, weigh 115 pounds and am 5'7.
Now, I'm happy with this, but I'm told I should try to bulk up a bit.