Poll: Are you vaccinated agains the H1N1 aka. Swineflu?

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
awes0mepenguin said:
Nope. Swine flu really isn't that dangerous, people blow it way outta proportion
Pretty much this. I mean, for the elderly and pregnant/children aged to 5 or it's relatively dangerous, but not as dangerous as everyone made it out to be. People need to learn to be sensible on the occasion and not get sucked in.

I doubt I'll get vaccinated.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
. And flu shots themselves have a high chance of either killing or crippling you.
Prove it.
Don't just spout "facts" give us some evidence.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=flu+shot+dangers
Don't be petty. You made a claim, YOU give the evidence to support it. I've looked, can't find anything saying there's a high chance of death from the vaccine. In fact the CDC have given a 1 million to 1 chance of a severe reaction the vaccine (Don't have a direct source. Second hand data here: http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/2009/is-the-h1n1-swine-flu-vaccine-safe/)
You have an internet connection as well. If I'm too lazy to look, and your obviously too lazy to use a search engine (you know, 'cause they're "petty") then I guess we are at an impasse and there's nothing more to discuss. Go bother someone else.
I've looked. I've found nothing that convince me there are high risks. In fact, I've just given you evidence that there's low risk. And my "petty" reference was to the LMGTFY. Why the hell should I have to look to find evidence for YOUR claim.

Either stop making statements without anything to back them up, or go bother someone else.
Or you could have ignored my statements, but you obviously revel in conflict, you just had to keep the ball rolling. That's fine if you in some small way get off on going around proving yourself right, but really, isn't there other places to do that? Yay! You're right and I'm wrong. I made a claim to something based on a combination of what I've heard and personal experience, and here you come from nowhere "ZOMG PROVE IT!!!11one". I don't have to make a claim to all of my statements and I'm sure as hell not going to do so for an anonymous faceless nobody like you. Seriously, if you want to revel in conflict so bad, go on Xbox Live or World of Warcraft's trade chat or something.

So here we are, trading text-based blows about pretty much nothing (because that's all H1N1 really is) and yet you must finger some random text out, demanding that I bring proof to a goddamned internet discussion. Internet. Discussion.

Man, those trolls on 4chan were right. The internet really is serious fucking buisness.
Wow. You're really a dick.

So, if we can just state facts and not back them up, then what exactly is the point of the thread? To just make a post and move on? And yes, I get off on conflict, that's the entire POINT of discussion, to talk through opposing views. Even on the internet. Yes, it's an internet thread and means practically nothing. But I'm bored and have nothing better to do right now and this thread is vaguely amusing.So we could have a civilised discussion and maybe actually find something interesting, or we can continue slagging each other off and accept that the internet can NEVER be used for anything other than 4chan style bullshit.

If this goddamn discussion is so meaningless as you suggest, then why the hell are you even BOTHERING with it?
Post count, duh. And I'm just as bored as you are.

Watching people squirm and get riled up over such threadbare things is a bonus. So yeah, I am a dick. =D

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
Scrythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
. And flu shots themselves have a high chance of either killing or crippling you.
Prove it.
Don't be petty. You made a claim, YOU give the evidence to support it. I've looked, can't find anything saying there's a high chance of death from the vaccine. In fact the CDC have given a 1 million to 1 chance of a severe reaction the vaccine (Don't have a direct source. Second hand data here: http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/2009/is-the-h1n1-swine-flu-vaccine-safe/)
You have an internet connection as well. If I'm too lazy to look, and your obviously too lazy to use a search engine (you know, 'cause they're "petty") then I guess we are at an impasse and there's nothing more to discuss. Go bother someone else.
I've looked. I've found nothing that convince me there are high risks. In fact, I've just given you evidence that there's low risk. And my "petty" reference was to the LMGTFY. Why the hell should I have to look to find evidence for YOUR claim.

Either stop making statements without anything to back them up, or go bother someone else.
Or you could have ignored my statements, but you obviously revel in conflict, you just had to keep the ball rolling. That's fine if you in some small way get off on going around proving yourself right, but really, isn't there other places to do that? Yay! You're right and I'm wrong. I made a claim to something based on a combination of what I've heard and personal experience, and here you come from nowhere "ZOMG PROVE IT!!!11one". I don't have to make a claim to all of my statements and I'm sure as hell not going to do so for an anonymous faceless nobody like you. Seriously, if you want to revel in conflict so bad, go on Xbox Live or World of Warcraft's trade chat or something.

So here we are, trading text-based blows about pretty much nothing (because that's all H1N1 really is) and yet you must finger some random text out, demanding that I bring proof to a goddamned internet discussion. Internet. Discussion.

Man, those trolls on 4chan were right. The internet really is serious fucking buisness.

So, if we can just state facts and not back them up, then what exactly is the point of the thread? To just make a post and move on? And yes, I get off on conflict, that's the entire POINT of discussion, to talk through opposing views. Even on the internet. Yes, it's an internet thread and means practically nothing. But I'm bored and have nothing better to do right now and this thread is vaguely amusing.So we could have a civilised discussion and maybe actually find something interesting, or we can continue slagging each other off and accept that the internet can NEVER be used for anything other than 4chan style bullshit.

If this goddamn discussion is so meaningless as you suggest, then why the hell are you even BOTHERING with it?

Watching people squirm and get riled up over such threadbare things is a bonus. So yeah, I am a dick. =D
So why not actually post something useful? Raise post count (who the hell cares about these anyway) and make a moderately interesting thread?

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Was supposed to get it today. However, I had history and I missed a period. Doesn't matter though, I'll get vaccinated when I go back to my parents.

General_Qwetch

Oct 26, 2009
yea i got the vaccination.
I was one of the testers for it to see what kind of side effects it has and to see if it actually helps against the swine flue.
As a result i ended up getting the swine flue, but that's normal for vaccinations however i find it strange that they are popping it out for everyone when the tests aren't done till February.

Guess they are trying to get the money back they invested.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Monkfish Acc. said:
No. And I don't plan to.

To be honest, I'm not taking this swine flu thing seriously at all. To me, it is a media scare and nothing more.
Just like global warming is a media scare. Ooh, I said it.

General_Qwetch

Oct 26, 2009
05rutterb said:
Just like global warming is a media scare. Ooh, I said it.
pretty much
what the vaccine is made of is scarier than the flu.
its taken from monkey kidneys.. a special type of monkeys id have to look through the papers again to see what kind but yea.
just knowing that is creepy enough

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
Prove it.

So why not actually post something useful? Raise post count (who the hell cares about these anyway) and make a moderately interesting thread?
Or I could not and say I did.

Post count +1!

twillMAN

May 8, 2009
no i believe swine flu was invented by the world government and this so called vaccination is its attempts to track everybody's health, location, etc. So i will not fall prey to their trap and i urge all of you to do the same.

Wayte

Oct 21, 2009
Snork Maiden said:
I'd get one (why not?) if I wasn't terrified of needles. As it is it'd be totally more hassle to me than it'd be worth.

Same here, if I weren't afraid of needles I'd be fine with getting it. But considering I just never get sick anyway, it's not worth taking the media serious and getting one.

Snork Maiden

Snork snork
Nov 25, 2009
Wayte said:
Snork Maiden said:
I'd get one (why not?) if I wasn't terrified of needles. As it is it'd be totally more hassle to me than it'd be worth.

Same here, if I weren't afraid of needles I'd be fine with getting it. But considering I just never get sick anyway, it's not worth taking the media serious and getting one.
The worst needles are the ones dentists use, especially since they are laced with anesthetic. They *always* bruise my gums and it hurts for like 5 days afterwards if I chew.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
No, swine flu isn't that dangerous and I might have had it already. If I did, I've had worse colds than that.

Ironically, I'm planning to get my regular flu shot.

Sven und EIN HUND

Sep 23, 2009
Swine flu was blown WAAAAY out of proportion; if I do happen to get it (very unlikely) then I'll got to the doctor and get a shot, which is all it takes.

Corkydog

Aug 16, 2009
I already had it, and so have joined the illustrious ranks of the genetically superior natural immunes, who have proved their strong genes and immune system on the field of battle, the human body. That option should be added to the poll.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
A loud, resounding "MEH."

I'm not getting the shot, my four-year-old shots screwed me up.