Poll: Are your parents divorced? College Survey

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
jackpackage200 said:
Hey guys I'm doin a survey for a college course and i need to know, are your parents divorced?
And yes mine are divorced, with my mom dating the worlds biggest tool

EDIT: Of course the one time i needed the poll button to work it fails
yes they are... don't want to talk about it though, it wasn't very pretty... still isn't to this day...

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Minimally requested answer: Yes.

Extra background flavour text, seeing as we all seem to be in sharing mode: Separated when I was about 16 (sometime after their 18th anniversary, too... odd that I remember that), divorced some uncertain time later but probably about 5 years. They didn't seem too hurried about it. Both had a couple relationships since and now seem to be comfortably settled with people who are a much better match personality / lifestyle / etc - wise. Dad has even remarried. Oddly, both of 'em get on OK now when they're forced into the same room at the same time. I have a feeling they were college crushes who got married a little too young, which makes me hope my brother's not rushing into things given that he & his college GF (a perfectly lovely couple, mind) will be about the same age my dad was first time round...

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
(mods please zap this and my first/fourth posts and just leave the second one, thanks)

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
oh god i keep trying to delete the duplicate posts but it just makes more... help!
this place needs a "delete post" option in the edit box :(

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Mine have been married for damn near 25 years and happily annoying each other for the foreseeable future.

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
Nope.

And one more thing, wouldn't the offspring from divorced families tend to answer this poll more than the other group?

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Yes they're divorced, my father remarried but my mother did not.