Poll: Best 90's Cartoon?

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
The trilogy concludes...

My first poll told me that 90's was the most popular decade for animated programs(Though, now that I think about it, it may just be because of the common age group of this site). So now let's vote on best show from that decade. I'm going to pick the most popular examples and see which one you guys think is the greatest of them all.

Edit: Due to too many requests, i have decided to turn "Beavis and Butthead" into "Other". Sorry Beavis and Butthead fans.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
DBZ is an anime, not a cartoon.

But, out of that list?
Batman: TAS

Without it I don't think the current 'superhero movie' films you'd see would be getting made.

Batman: TAS proved you could do a mature cartoon, point it a kids, and do REALLY well.

Never mind because of B:TAS things like JL/JLU, Superman:TAS, Batman Beyond, and even Silver Surfer:TAS got made.

Not sure about X-Men:TAS got green-lit because of B:TAS, or if it was just being made around the same time.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
No "other" option? Trigun would be my favorite 90's show. However I probably would of said Cowboy Bebop or Evangelion are the best since they're pretty much classics.

StylinBones

Mar 3, 2012
Simpsons were the best of the 90s, but of the choices given, I would go with XMen. That theme song was legit.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
The lack of Dogtanian and the Muskahounds, Bucky O Hare and Count Duckula makes me dismiss your poll as the rantings of a madman.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Tanis said:
... is this guy serious?

OT: Back in middle school, I read a play in my English Lit book called MacBeth. My first thoughts? "These guys ripped off Gargoyles. Disney should sue their ass"

Even more OT: Going with Gargoyles. It was one of my favorite shows as a kid, and it's one of those rare ones where the story and animation still hold up till this day.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Tanis said:
Before someone comes in and laughs at you i'd like to point out the painfully obvious....

Anime are Japanese cartoons and computer animation. The word is the Japanese abbreviated pronunciation of "animation".
Anime IS a cartoon.

recruit00

Sep 18, 2010
Out of that list I would have to say Animaniacs.

For realz, it is impossible to beat Rugrats.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Rawne1980 said:
Tanis said:
Before someone comes in and laughs at you i'd like to point out the painfully obvious....
Anime are Japanese cartoons and computer animation. The word is the Japanese abbreviated pronunciation of "animation".
Anime IS a cartoon.
And Black Sabbath is still a 'rock' band, just like The Beatles.
;)
And manga is just a BnW comic book, but if you told that to DC/Marvel fans they'd freak out.

When it comes to the polling options, DBZ doesn't 'fit' with the rest of them.

It's like saying 'what's your favorite Sci-Fi movie' and putting Moon in with a poll that has Star Wars, Star Trek, Blade Runner, and Dune.

Sure, it's "Sci-Fi", but it's a different sub-genera.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
As evidenced by my avatar id normally go dbz but... Batman TAS :')

My non nominated choice would be "Animals of the farthing wood", which is a bit like Watership down in that despite protagonists being cute animals, the show was brutal. Was a bbc cartoon so doubt anyone outside uk will know of it though .

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
The 90's are known as the Rennaisance of animation and you think a poll with a mere eight options can possibly sum up such a time period? That's just silly.

Shadowstar38 said:
Tanis said:
... is this guy serious?
Yeah, some kids genuinely think this.

TeletubbiesGolfGun

Sep 7, 2012
VanQQisH said:
The 90's are known as the Rennaisance of animation and you think a poll with a mere eight options can possibly sum up such a time period? That's just silly.

Shadowstar38 said:
Tanis said:
... is this guy serious?
Yeah, some kids genuinely think this.
agree with both of these.

OT: out of those options? i watched DBZ the most...

if I had to list another cartoon, it'd be scooby doo (yes i know they weren't MADE in the 90's, but that's when i watched em, fuck off.)

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
I can't decide between DBZ and Animaniacs. Not voting. They are both too amazing for me to make up my mind.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
WHERE ARE COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG AND ED, EDD, 'N' EDDY!?

Son, I am dissapoint.

Captcha: laser beams.

FUCK YEAH!