Poll: Best 90's Cartoon?

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
*Sees thread title*
Oh God! Do I really have to choose between Beast Wars and Batman?
It's like there's a whirlpool and I have to choose which one of my children I have to save! However can I come up with such a decision!?!?

*Reads Poll*
Oh... In that case, Batman: The Animated Series

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Wasn't Hey Arnold 90s? Or am I thinking of something else? Nah, must be 80s: no-one would forget to put it on a poll of best cartoons.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Jfswift said:
Rawne1980 said:
The lack of Dogtanian and the Muskahounds, Bucky O Hare and Count Duckula makes me dismiss your poll as the rantings of a madman.
I remember the green rabbit but that's about it. What was dogtanian? (Im surprised technoman blade wasn't on here).
What was Dogtanian in....

Allow me to introduce you to the Muskahounds....

UltraPic

Dec 5, 2011
Rawne1980 said:
The lack of Dogtanian and the Muskahounds, Bucky O Hare and Count Duckula makes me dismiss your poll as the rantings of a madman.
Dogtanian and count duckula (did it make you start eating broccoli too) are 80's cartoons. The 90's had albert the fifth musketeer, and transylvanian pet shop.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
UltraPic said:
Rawne1980 said:
Dogtanian and count duckula (did it make you start eating broccoli too) are 80's cartoons. The 90's had albert the fifth musketeer, and transylvanian pet shop.
Late 80's ... that counts ... honest.

I can't remove my rose tinted goggles. Cartoons I watched in the 80's early 90's are far superior to any of the tripe infesting TV since then.

Ulysses 31, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Thundercats, Mask, Centurians, Dogtanian, Duckula, Trap Door, Cities of Gold, Batfink (although that started in the 60's).... the list goes on.

I can't think of many from the mid 90's onwards that I found enjoyable.

JerryTerry

Jul 14, 2009
Oh hey, a poll about best 90's cartoons. Well, that's a no-brainer, I guess I'll vote for Freaka-
Oh. Okay. It's not there. Well, surely many will mention it...
*Ctrl-F "Freakazoid"*
Oh. Nobody? Well, crap.

Seriously though, how could you guys forget Freakazoid?
I'd say it'd be a joint first between Batman:TAS and Freakazoid.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Well, I guess it?s nostalgia time again! :D

I?ll say that, apart from Dragon Ball Z, I never watched any of the shows in that list. So I?ll go for either Rugrats or Pinky and the Brain.

Siegreich said:
No mention of Daria ya this thread lowers my esteem for you all even more.
I only watched, like, three episodes of that show, and I found it boring and the voices of two female characters annoyingly shrill.

But hey, maybe they were just three bad episodes out of a good episode majority, and if I watched more, I?d be able to get past the aforementioned shrill voices.

jebara

Nov 19, 2009

Seriously OP, Dark Wing Duck in the poll, but no Freakazoid?
I'm ashamed of you people.

Nantucket_v1legacy

acting on my best behaviour
Mar 6, 2012
jebara said:

I hated Freakazoid with a burning passion.
He creeped me out and I'll always remember the sketch where his feet got into a domestic. His feet talked and... oh no it was horrible.

I would have said Pokémon as I remember it was one of the shows I really obsessed over as a child (although I did prefer Digimon but I think that was early 2000s).

I voted for X-Men.
I'll always remember coming home from Nursery and watching it with my older brother. His favorite character was Wolverine and he always gave me beef for liking Cyclops.

EDIT -

This was one of my favourites too even if so few remember it!

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010

I personally enjoyed Beyond more then TAS but many of these cartoons have alot of merit.

Im not gonna lie, the main reason I watched XMen was because I squee'd every time these guys came on screen.

Also, you don't have many of the early Nicktoons like Rocko's modern life, Angry beavers or Rugrats. Not to mention many other Fox Kids shows like Mighty Max, Earthworm Jim, Swat Kats... son, I am disappoint

And my brother would kill me for not mentioning this.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Out of the ones there I picked Batman.

But I would've picked Beast Wars if I could've. I loved that show.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Blood Brain Barrier said:
Wasn't Hey Arnold 90s? Or am I thinking of something else? Nah, must be 80s: no-one would forget to put it on a poll of best cartoons.
1996, you may now light your picthforks on fire sir/madam.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
There were too many. Half of mine aren't on this list and I like all of the ones on the list.

90's cartoons were beastly.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Nantucket said:
jebara said:

I hated Freakazoid with a burning passion.
He creeped me out and I'll always remember the sketch where his feet got into a domestic. His feet talked and... oh no it was horrible.

I would have said Pokémon as I remember it was one of the shows I really obsessed over as a child (although I did prefer Digimon but I think that was early 2000s).

I voted for X-Men.
I'll always remember coming home from Nursery and watching it with my older brother. His favorite character was Wolverine and he always gave me beef for liking Cyclops.

EDIT -

This was one of my favourites too even if so few remember it!
Wooah, woooooah, woah there... Freakazoid creeped you out but The Mask didn't?! Im still haunted to this day when he turned into that ghost pig lady and started talking about bacon...

Nantucket_v1legacy

acting on my best behaviour
Mar 6, 2012
To be fair - most of the episodes featured Stanley and then he'd turn into The Mask for a few minutes? You didn't see The Mask that often and Stanley Ipkiss wasn't creepy. But The Mask didn't have talking feet!

I have just remembered The Real Ghostbusters! That was a classic. :D