Poll: Best 90's Cartoon?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Out of that list? Gargoyles.

Tanis said:
DBZ is an anime, not a cartoon.
lol

Not sure about X-Men:TAS got green-lit because of B:TAS, or if it was just being made around the same time.
Yeah, the one month difference in their first airings leaves a lot of room for interpretation.

Ardure

Nov 23, 2009
Angry Beavers! They are not on the poll but I don't really care they are amazing and still have me laughing even today.

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
There is no Pokémon on this list? Really?
There is no Ducktales either?
No Rocko's Modern Life nor The Adventures of Tintin..
No Goof Troop? Or SWAT Kats?
No Earthworm Jim?

You.. Just..

Fine, I'll just pick Darkwing Duck and go back to my collection of "GOOD" 90's cartoons. ;)

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
You have Ren & Stimpy but not Ed, Edd, & Eddy??

Well I guess my vote goes to my favorite cat & dog series...

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Out of the choices above? Definitely Batman.

Out of the choices not listed? Digimon.

Fuck yer.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
What? No love for the cartoon with an intro that'd put hair on your chest? Cadillacs and Mothafuckin' Dinosaurs!!!!

Anyways, with the poll options there I guess I'd go for Animaniacs. And to those people saying that DBZ isn't a cartoon, just....stop. Please.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Tanis said:
DBZ is an anime, not a cartoon.
Dude, don't be pretentious. An anime is just a cartoon from Japan.

As for the topic at hand. DBZ, Pinky and the Brain or the amazing spider man cartoon that you haven't listed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_(1994_TV_series)

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Not one mention of Street Sharks [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Sharks] in this entire thread.

I am very disappoint.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
My favorite cartoons are Eek the Cat, Ren and Stimpy, the Aladdin series and The Simpsons.

Aris Khandr said:
Noy jitat! No mention of Pirates of Dark Water?
There was one episode of that where somebody literally melted, gave me nightmares.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Rogue 9 said:
Not true! I loved The Animals of Farthing Wood as a kid in Australia. Australia has a lot more BBC shows on air though than most countries, being a Commonwealth nation and all.
Awesomness, maybe that cartoon was more popular then i thought :) Rarely see it mentioned so assumed it was obscure. Let me say after that show ive found it very hard to support things like fox hunting :p

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
I once spouted a blanketing statement along the lines of "every cartoon of the 90s was terrible".

I stand by that claim... mostly because I added the "mostly" addendum. But even so: Ren and Stimpy, Batman, Gargoyles, Animaniacs; have you guys ever... gone back to watch all of the episodes now that you're not a kid? Sure, there are the occasional classics, but as a whole, they're kind of... terrible.

Oh, and before anyone says it, The Simpsons originally aired December 17, 1989... so it's technically not from the 90s. SUCK IT! :p

Also, I had said they were terrible in the context of "things you thought were great as kids but now don't so much".

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
The 90's... The Simpsons?

I chose Animaniacs, because The Simpsons and Rocko's Modern Life weren't options.
The Simpsons actually started in the 80s and is still going today... It doesn't really qualify, even though I will argue to the death that the 90's episodes were the greatest ever made.

That said, Animaniacs was my 3rd favorite, behind Tiny Toon Adventures and Pinky and the Brain.

Pebkio said:
I once spouted a blanketing statement along the lines of "every cartoon of the 90s was terrible".

I stand by that claim... mostly because I added the "mostly" addendum. But even so: Ren and Stimpy, Batman, Gargoyles, Animaniacs; have you guys ever... gone back to watch all of the episodes now that you're not a kid? Sure, there are the occasional classics, but as a whole, they're kind of... terrible.

Oh, and before anyone says it, The Simpsons originally aired December 17, 1989... so it's technically not from the 90s. SUCK IT! :p

Also, I had said they were terrible in the context of "things you thought were great as kids but now don't so much".
And yes, I have watched these with my kids in the last year, and yes, they are STILL AWESOME!

Chibron

Mar 7, 2012
Out of the poll options gotta go with Batman because... Well he's Batman.

'Though I am extremely disappointed at the lack of Beast Wars and Digimon I loved those shows!

Apr 24, 2008
Spade Lead said:
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
The 90's... The Simpsons?

I chose Animaniacs, because The Simpsons and Rocko's Modern Life weren't options.
The Simpsons actually started in the 80s and is still going today... It doesn't really qualify, even though I will argue to the death that the 90's episodes were the greatest ever made.

That said, Animaniacs was my 3rd favorite, behind Tiny Toon Adventures and Pinky and the Brain.

Pebkio said:

And yes, I have watched these with my kids in the last year, and yes, they are STILL AWESOME!
I don't think that matters. It very much peaked in the 90's in terms of popularity(it was EVERYWHERE!) and alot would argue in terms of quality too...as you did.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
People saying Simpsons. First aired in 88 as shorts and full episode in 89, making it an 80's cartoon.

other suggestions, they cannot stand up to Batman TAS. It was outstanding.

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
Pebkio said:
7Ren and Stimpy, Batman, Gargoyles, Animaniacs; have you guys ever... gone back to watch all of the episodes now that you're not a kid? Sure, there are the occasional classics, but as a whole, they're kind of... terrible.
I'm sorry but, really? Gargoyles? Animaniacs? BATMAN? Those are the shows that most hold up. And I know because I'm a 2000's kid and I'm watching those shows now. I have no nostalgia for them and they're still good.

BATMAN? Really?

N_of_the_dead

Apr 2, 2008
I am not sure personally

But i would say either DBZ or BTAS

DBZ for being the first anime for a lot of people out there and BTAS for being such a success and having such an effect on the Batman universe that many people still name kevin conroy and mark hamil as the best batman and joker respectively