Poll: Best band ever!

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Of the two of them I'd say Rush are the better band.

But the real answers are either Radiohead, Tool or Fleetwood Mac.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Out of the two, I prefer Rush. Don't really think that we'll ever come to a unanimous decision on the best band ever though.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
mysecondlife said:
It's Radiohead. No surprises.
Casual Shinji said:
Between Rush and Queen... Radiohead.
DizzyChuggernaut said:
I have to say that Radiohead, The Beatles and Pink Floyd are much more worthy of the "best band" title than either Queen or Rush.
freaper said:
My nr.1, on par with QotSA, is Radiohead. Anyone who disagrees is deaf or in denial.
Get_A_Grip_ said:
Radiohead, Tool or Fleetwood Mac.
To the people who are saying RadioHead; I don't put joke options in my polls.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Queen. A beautifully diverse band going from Metal to Opera and everything in between. From "Barcelona" to "Gimme the Prize" to "Ogre Battle" to "seven seas of rhye" to "You're my best friend" to "Who wants to live forever" to the music from Flash Gordon to the immortal "we are the champions" and "we will rock you." Their range is absurdly broad.

I still love Rush, AC/DC, Led, Twisted Sister, Beastie Boys, Fleetwood Mac, ZZ tops, Boston, Kansas, Four Non Blondes, Oranges and Lemons, 2ne1, and a farkton of other bands, though. Hell, I generally love music in general. I couldn't possibly list every band I like.

ngl42398

May 19, 2011
DO YOU KNOW DO YOU KNOW DO YOU KNOW JUST HOW I FEEL?
DO YOU KNOW DO YOU KNOW DO YOU KNOW JUST HOW I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL?
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER HEART ATTACK!

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Souplex said:
mysecondlife said:
Casual Shinji said:
DizzyChuggernaut said:
I have to say that Radiohead, The Beatles and Pink Floyd are much more worthy of the "best band" title than either Queen or Rush.
freaper said:
My nr.1, on par with QotSA, is Radiohead. Anyone who disagrees is deaf or in denial.
Get_A_Grip_ said:
Apparently you did.

Ieyke said:
Xan Krieger said:
Never listened to either of them so I'm going with Avenged Sevenfold, I own all their CDs and listen to them regularly.
I genuinely hope you're kidding. For your sake.
Not cool.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Souplex said:
mysecondlife said:
Casual Shinji said:
DizzyChuggernaut said:
freaper said:
Get_A_Grip_ said:
Ouch. Well, I'll go cry in the corner now while listening to Radiohead, so joke's on you! :p

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
mysecondlife said:
Souplex said:
mysecondlife said:
I don't put joke options in my polls.
Apparently you did.
No, I provided the two best bands as options for a poll about the best band ever.
If you don't like either of them, you must hate music, so I put an option for people who don't like either of them.

JazzJack2

Feb 10, 2013
Lmao this is such a rockist poll, and a really shit one at that since both Queen and rush are pretty awful.

I don't think I could narrow it down to a list of top ten in individual genres let alone name the best band of all time but if I had to choose it would be either Miles Davis' band he had in the 50's with Coltrane, Bill Evans etc or it would be his Fusion era with Herbie Hancock, Wayne shorter etc etc

Souplex said:
If you don't like either of them, you must hate music, so I put an option for people who don't like either of them.
The correct option for that would be 'has decent taste' not 'hates music.'

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Legitimately surprised more people haven't heard a lot of Rush. Would think pretty much everyone knows at least Tom Sawyer or something.

A lot of what's interesting about Rush to me is the transformations they went through as a band from 1976 to today.

2112 and Signals are both albums fairly separated in how they sound. Rush really started using tons of synths during the 1980s. Odd transition, but for the earlier part of the decade it resulted in what I think to be very good albums like Moving Pictures, Signals, and Grace Under Pressure.

...I still don't have much desire to check their later 80s sound that went even heavier on the synths, though.

Last album they did (Clockwork Angels) in 2012 was pretty damn great though. Caravan is an awesome song.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Souplex said:
mysecondlife said:
Souplex said:
mysecondlife said:
I don't put joke options in my polls.
Apparently you did.
No, I provided the two best bands as options for a poll about the best band ever.
And that's why its funny! Oh you jokester you.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
not_you said:
crimson5pheonix said:
or maybe
That's my vote... (Then again, they're not really "rock" so it wouldn't count)

But out of the two, if I've heard anything from Rush, I wouldn't know it was them...
So, I suppose Queen...

yay process of elimination
I'd say they're rock bands. Prog rock and metal are types of rock. But if they don't count there is one band that I can add as good.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Don't think I've seen a band in this thread that would even qualify for my top 10 lol. But I suppose between Rush and Queen... uh Rush I guess but only by a bit.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Creedence Clearwater Revival and The Rolling Stones say hello.

tricky-crazy said:
Is this a joke thread ? I'm confused honestly.(...)

(...)this thread is the perfect example of why I hate talking about music on gaming websites because gamers tend to compare music like it's a game. It's not.(...)

(...)I could go on in length about how much I prefer Rush over Queen but that won't make it the ''best band ever'' (Oh my god hugh...). And to anyone who says ''Pink Floyd'' or any other major band there is, the same answer still applies.(...)

(...)Bottom line is, there are no best band. Music is music. I like what I like, you like what you like, no matter how popular, influential, skilled, complex your taste is, that won't make you decide which band is best. It's all a matter of taste.(...)
Ha! Those things are exactly what one would say if one were losing! >:D

diligentscribbler

Oct 22, 2013
Souplex said:
After years of consideration, I have narrowed the list of greatest rock band of all time down to two candidates. However; they are so completely different that they seem to be beyond compare, and as such I must resort to...
*Shudders*
...Popular opinion.
RUSH is the poor man's King Crimson.

poundingmetal74

Mar 30, 2009
As a Canadian, given this false binary (though no doubt offering 2 great choices) I must go with Rush. Because Neil Peart.

Also this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAfZCcfQ2-c

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Poll invalid on account of no Nine Inch Nails or TooL options.

Seriously though out of those two I'll pick Queen despite my respect for Rush. I just feel Queen has a sound that is more universal than Rush. Subjectivity.