Poll: Bioshock Infinite or Skyrim?

TH3_D15HWA5H3R

Mar 17, 2011
i have to say skyrim, dont get me wrong i will defiantly get bioshock infinite, but just for the sheer amount of gameplay and re-playabillity i just couldnt pass up skyrim... also, dragons... lots of dragons

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
I'll go for Infinite, because it's a year away whereas Skyrim comes out in November.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Elder Scrolls but I am HUGELy excited for infinite...and it's a full year away.

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
Podunk said:
I would take Infinite. From what I've seen so far it is going to be exciting and fun in the vein of the first game without being tied to the same plot, and with plenty of new innovation thrown in for good measure.

Skyrim might be fun. Fallout 3 may have convinced me to give it a chance, but when I see a WRPG and it's the same Orcs, the same Elves, the same Dwarves etc. ect. I get... a little... ZZZzzzzzzzzz
The Elves are completely different, and no Dwarves.

Please actually research before posting, thanks. ;)

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Considering all the Elder Scrolls fanboys here, the poll results don't come as a surprise. Oblivion is too boring for me to get into, and BioShock was probably my favorite game, so, yeah Bioshock Infinite.

Captain Booyah

Apr 19, 2010
Infinite Infinite Infinite. It's straight down my road and the first BioShock is still one of my favourite games. (The second one was a little...ugh.) Never had a lot of love for Elder Scrolls.

Surprised at the amount of people considering game length a deciding factor, though. Not that you wouldn't want replay value, obviously, but I don't mind as long as I get a good experience. ^_^

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Tax_Document said:
Podunk said:
I would take Infinite. From what I've seen so far it is going to be exciting and fun in the vein of the first game without being tied to the same plot, and with plenty of new innovation thrown in for good measure.

Skyrim might be fun. Fallout 3 may have convinced me to give it a chance, but when I see a WRPG and it's the same Orcs, the same Elves, the same Dwarves etc. ect. I get... a little... ZZZzzzzzzzzz
The Elves are completely different, and no Dwarves.

Please actually research before posting, thanks. ;)
Regardless, I'd still pick Bioshock. Though that does make me a little more interested in checking out Skyrim. Though I recall Oblivion being pretty vanilla...

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Well BioShock gave me too much anxiety to be able to play it. I didn't play the second game, but it looks like they are easing up on the creepiness for Infinite. If that ends up being the case, then I may get it. It still has the whole "first person" thing going against it, though.

So I'd rather have Skyrim.

The game I have on pre-order is.....................................................Mass Effect 3

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
I am not surprised it so heavily favors Skyrim in your poll. For bang for buck Skyrim will simply destroy Infinite. Specially if you get it on the PC, but even for consoles it'll still give you way more play time.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Personally, I'm not sure. What I loved about Morrowind is that it had a certain charm to it and Skyrim doesn't look like it has that from what I've seen. On the other hand, Bioshock Infinite just looks Bioshock in the sky and with a grappling hook (which isn't a bad thing). I guess I'll buy the one that gets better reviews.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Father Time said:
It's another copy paste fantasy game. Ooh it has dragons, I've never seen those before in video games. Honestly it's been done so many times I don't think it should get to be called fantasy anymore.

Give me Infinite's unique setting and I'll just play Spyro again.
Wow, talk about missing the bigger picture. Everything's been done before. Mass Effect - aliens and space DONE; Bioshock - guns and plasmids DONE; Battlefield 3 - soldiers and tanks DONE. It was never done in a way Skyrim is going to do it. And that's the whole point. They completely reinvented everything from skills and leveling system to combat mechanics. Not to mention the whole world filled with content. The main story, the side quests, the guilds, the exploration. You get to do whatever you want with a character you want. You rarely see that kind of freedom in video games. Why is everyone citing Oblivion as the reason not to get Skyrim? Are you all so young that none of you played Morrowind? And what about Fallout 3? That was a masterpiece. Oblivion too is a great game, just not as great as some people make it out to be.

Bioshock Infinite has a potential to be a great game. But I somehow doubt it can ever live up to original Bioshock in the same way Biochock can never live up to System Shock. It just doesn't have that vibe. And talking protagonist doesn't do it any favors. I'll still get Bioshock: Infinite, but I'm gonna wait for prices to drop too because I'm skeptical about it. And as a PC gamer I don't have the option of selling the game.

Makon

Jul 9, 2008
It's a toss up. For me, personally, I am saying Bioshock Infinite. grant it, I have both games on pre-order, but if I was forced to choose one, that would be it. Lemme break down the pros and cons in the series's in the past, and what each game appears to offer.

Skyrim: The Elder Scrolls games, at least from Morrowind on, have ALWAYS been an adventurer/rpg'ers wet dream. They have hundreds of hours of side quests, story and main quests, rich backstory and lore, and some pretty awesome moments that make you think you're in a true fantasy epic. There character you make and play with, as well, is entirely your own character. Their story is one that you envision and imagine, their personality and actions are entirely yours to make. Stack this with, if you're going the PC route, the addition of community-made mods, you wind up with a game that has essentially limitless possibilities in how you yourself can expand it and make it go on even more.

Now with Skyrim, we're told that the world itself is so much bigger than what we had in ES4 it isn't funny, stacked with the acting and graphic improvements, it promises to be something fantastic. On the other hand, however, we're also hearing about how they are 'streamlining' the RPG systems in the game, possibly dumbing it down significantly in practice, maybe moreso than in theory.

Bioshock Infinite: The Bioshock series has always had incredible atmosphere, a fantastic period-accurate musical score and set-pieces, all topped with an A-Grade story and matching presentation which features some very impressive and intense moments. This is at the cost, however, of the series' linearity over the Elder Scrolls game's free-roam world and pla-at-your-own-pace feel. This is bolstered, though, in that since Bioshock 2 onwards, the games have featured multiplayer to add some extra content to the package.

With Infinite, I myself am approaching this entirely from a single-player perspective. To me, in Infinite, I see a possibly incredible story waiting to be told with another extremely rich and fulfilling atmosphere. The relationship between the main character and Elizabeth, as well, looks extremely interesting in that she appears to be (imho) one of the most defined female characters in gaming today. Being the sucker for a damn good story that I am, this REALLY has my eye.

Overall, while Bioshock might be shorter and more linear, it's promise of a good story with intense, fast-paced gameplay definitely catches my vote. Then again, this is entirely my opinion, so feel free to choose.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I would go with Skyrim since I loved Oblivion so much and have a lot of faith in this next game, and I am exited for it because of the game informer article and other details about the game.

Bioshock Infinite - Eh I dont know about this, it looks fun but its starting to look more like a FPS then a horror survival game. It better be good horror or im going to be pissed.

FuktLogik

Jan 6, 2010
I've got both preordered, but I'm far more stoked about Skyrim. Pretty much any conditions you set, my answer would still be Skyrim. I mean, it's fuckkin SKYRIM!

Crankafoo

Mar 28, 2010
For quantity, Skyrim.
For quality, Bioshock: Inf.

I'm not saying at all that Skyrim isn't going go to be good at all. I'm looking very much forward to both. Although, after seeing that that Bioshock: Infinite E3 Demo...let's just say I'm still trying to find ways to keep my jaw from slamming through the ground. For pure emotional attachment and surely awesome character development inside of this tightly wound story of whimsical adventure. The world looks so full of character and life. It's a world I could get easily lost in the fiction of.

sluggyfreelancer

Apr 16, 2009
The problem with these threads is that people won't suggest what game would be better for the OP, just the game they want.

So...

Yeah.

Infinite.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Skryim will totally be the most bang for your buck, but I gotta say right now I would probably go for Bioshock: Infinite if only to support Irrational. I'm idealistic that way.