Poll: Bioshock Infinite or Skyrim?

Feb 26, 2011
Jake Martinez said:
As a somewhat older gamer this boggles my mind... 20 years ago I was paying pretty much the same price for new PC releases then as I am paying now (especially with the advent of digitial distribution). Hell, I don't even have to upgrade my PC as much anymore since everything is developed to target 6 year old console hardware.

I would have thought the price of gaming had gotten significantly cheaper, relative to the increase in cost on other things...
See, it's not that I don't have the money, I'm just a cheapskate. Even when I got a windfall of cash for my graduation gift(s), I was extremely leery of buying any games for full price. In fact, I don't think I bought one... My whole family's frugal, and I guess that's just rubbed off on me. (VIVA LA STEAM!)

And I'm going to end up getting both games either way. I didn't care too much for Morrowind, but after I discovered modding during Oblivion, (I got GOTY for $20 something like 2-3 years ago) the rest is history.

As for Bioshock (Which I got off Amazon for $10 a year or two ago), the first is my favorite game of all time, and while I'm not as big a fan of Bioshock 2, I still enjoyed it. (Call me insane, but I enjoyed the defense sequences where you had to protect the Little Sisters while they harvested ADAM) I was a little dissapointed we wouldn't be returning to Rapture in Infinite, but I understand why we're not. Who knows? Colombia just might end up beating out Rapture as my favorite.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
ImprovizoR said:
Jack and Calumon said:
Calumon: What if I can't play either? Do I get the money, cos I am kinda hungry!
Do you have any idea how annoying this is? Just pointing it out.

Back to the topic: Well if you are having doubts that means you think both games will be amazing. In that case you should get Skyrim. It will provide hundreds of hours of gameplay. You probably won't even think of other games while you play Skyrim. And if you play on PC, with mods you won't need another game in years so you'll be set when Bioshock: Infinite prices drop a few bucks.
you have any idea how much of a jerk your being? big deal, he has a internet identity, hes well known around here and people like him, no one is asking you to read it, just because you don't like it you don't have to try to make him feel bad by pointing it out and not addressing it.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Skyrim. I saw the Infinite E3 demo, and don't get what all the fuss is about. Sure, the aesthetic is great and Elizabeth is adorable, but... I don't know. It doesn't seem that special.

The Skyrim E3 demo, however, was absolutely stupendous. Great graphics, flexible gameplay, stunning detail. And I love open-world RPGs, so... yeah. Skyrim.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
Skyrim. At worst, it's gonna be Oblivion with better graphics, and much as Oblivion is hilariously overrated it's not that bad. The Bioshock Infinite trailers haven't convinced me there was much of a point in making Bioshock games after the first.

Jayemsal

Dec 28, 2012
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
Booker will be a fantasy made up by the girl. That's why he's a sterotypical handsome hero. She got the idea of him from books(hence, Booker)

Calling it now.

Anyway, Skyrim.
You do realize this thread is 2 years old, right?

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Jayemsal said:
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
Booker will be a fantasy made up by the girl. That's why he's a sterotypical handsome hero. She got the idea of him from books(hence, Booker)

Calling it now.

Anyway, Skyrim.
You do realize this thread is 2 years old, right?
Don't worry about it, Th3Ch33s3Cak3 is the resident Escapist thread necro.