Poll: Body modifications?

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
I like it when a woman has a tattoo, or a couple piercings, but some of the other things put me off juuuuuust a little bit. Stretchers, anywhere, on anyone, make me secretly rage.

For myself, I've gotten my ears pierced, but I took them out because I'm a bit too... flamboyant. People would see the earrings, see me get all animated and excited while talking, hear me make a joke or two about penis, and assume I was homosexual. I don't have a problem with homosexuality, but it's awkward trying to gauge someone's feelings toward homosexuality, explain to them/convince them that you're straight, and do so while still not making anyone who is homosexual feel uncomfortable. I really, really enjoy the company of homosexuals, and on top of that I support them and their rights. However, I'm also a straight man. It came up enough that I figured life would be easier if I took out the earrings.

But long story short I took my earrings out. It's not so much a problem with earrings as it is with society.

Kiardras

Feb 16, 2011
Halyah said:
Kiardras said:
2 tattoo's, need more. Want to do some branding and scarification as well, and considering having my ears elfed.
This might be a dumb question on my part, but uh what does having yours 'elfed' mean? I can of course guess the result of whatever it is given the word, but it still sounds a bit confusing to me.
A piece of flesh is removed from the top part of your ear, and then your ear is sewn up.

Once it heals, you have elfen ears.

Random elfing link - http://www.instructables.com/id/Body-Mod-Elf-Ears/

OctoH

Feb 14, 2011
Several tattoos. Chest and back are text in Sanskrit and Baybayin. Serial number on the right arm.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
i have 8 piercings at the moment. And I want more and some tattoos.

One piercing in my lip (that I eventually want to turn into snakebites)

4 piercings in my right ear

3 piercings in my left ear

Right ear and lip

left ear

I rarely have it in but there is a piercing under that lowest piercing too

noobium

Apr 26, 2010
I've had 3 facial piercings back in high school and I got a tattoo but what I always wanted was a battle scar across my face or maybe we could trade eyes OP because your eyes are beautiful.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
None, the jobs im going for are the sort where tattoos or piercings might be looked upon negatively, I also reckon i'd probably end up regretting it if it wasn't exactly how I wanted it.

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
noobium said:
I've had 3 facial piercings back in high school and I got a tattoo but what I always wanted was a battle scar across my face or maybe we could trade eyes OP because your eyes are beautiful.
Thank you, dear!
If you have lightblue eyes, sure, I'd be more than willing to trade. XP

floobie

Sep 10, 2010
Nothing. I'd consider a tattoo, provided it was insanely meaningful... either philosophical, or the name of my child or something. I refuse to tattoo any branding or random generic shit on myself. I'm positive I'd regret it fairly quickly.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
i want my ears cut off, my skin removed and my veins re-structured so they can remove waste products faster so i get more efficient power to my muscles, and new thinner lighter tougher skin applied
and possibly a vertebrae removed from my neck, it's longer than is necessary, really
and whilst were doing bone work, maby have some gold plated titanium bones built, with a good space for the bone marrow

a slightly larger, slower pumping heart might be nice
my heart-rate is too high for my liking

maby some extra lung surface area and a bit of built in filtration

why?
so I can be faster and more aerodynamic on my bike obviously

shame medical science cant handle that, really isnt it
i don't really do cosmetic things, i'm an engineer :)

Lokithrsourcerer

Nov 24, 2008
MassiveGeek said:
Lokithrsourcerer said:
MassiveGeek said:
dex-dex said:
MassiveGeek said:
dex-dex said:
MassiveGeek said:
dex-dex said:
OH NOM NOM NOM!
HAHA, thank you very much, darling!

Cool stuff. c: Can you show? :D :D <3
I could not find my other camera so a webcam was used.
I love the rainbow! XD

And you're gorgeous, darling. c: <3
I'm not polite, I'm honest! XD <3
my my so much lack of self esteem ladies, those who have posted pics i'd be happy to buy any of you breakfast ;)
If you're a guy, I'll have to say no. :p I don't swing that way.
lol i am a guy sexuality never occurred to me, I don't believe in sexuality unless your talking about long term relationships. pleasure is pleasure who cares where it comes from.

hmm i guess that makes me a man-slut lol

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
I used to scar myself intentionally, but I've found they're more interesting when you just let them happen.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
MassiveGeek said:
Been a while since I made a thread on here(and this has probably been made before but lol whatevs).

Anyway, I just got my first facial piercing ever, a septum. I don't plan on getting any other facial piercings for the moment, though I do want a tattoo right below my neck eventually.

So, Escapians, do you have any body modifications? Piercings, tattoos, whatever? Why/why not? And could you show the rest of us? :)
I've got a tongue stud, but honestly, I got that originally as a prelude to a tongue bifurcation. I would have gone through with it too if I hadn't have encountered money issues a month before. I know a guy that's done many and he's quite good. But that carries a little price.

In fact, I talked about it in some length in '09. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.127981-Poll-I-want-to-split-my-tongue]

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
I do wear glasses, and if I could glasses like Adam's in Deus Ex I would.....Or a lot other deus ex-ish modifications.

Tattoos and such.....not my thing.

feauxx

Commandah
Sep 7, 2010
i voted all of the above cause it was closest to truth tho i don't do scarification.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
If I had the guts, I'd get a barcode done on the nape of my neck. Otherwise, I'm not sure. I'm not exactly in shape and I'm wary of getting something done that I might regret having years later. Anyone noticed that the art director for DE:HR had some Eldar symbols along his arms?

I mean, that's cool and all, but what's going to happen once he turns forty or fifty and gets out of shape? Tats and piercings that look awesome when you're in your twenties or thirties don't usually look quite so rad once you turn fifty or so...

magnuslion

Jun 16, 2009
MassiveGeek said:
Been a while since I made a thread on here(and this has probably been made before but lol whatevs).

Anyway, I just got my first facial piercing ever, a septum. I don't plan on getting any other facial piercings for the moment, though I do want a tattoo right below my neck eventually.

So, Escapians, do you have any body modifications? Piercings, tattoos, whatever? Why/why not? And could you show the rest of us? :)

Here's mine:

first girl I have ever seen that a septum looked cute on ^.^ also: I voted other, because I have piercings and tatts. I have five tattoos and three piercings in my left ear, and my septum pierced. used to have my tongue pierced as well. :p

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
magnuslion said:
MassiveGeek said:

Here's mine:

first girl I have ever seen that a septum looked cute on ^.^ also: I voted other, because I have piercings and tatts. I have five tattoos and three piercings in my left ear, and my septum pierced. used to have my tongue pierced as well. :p
Aw, thank you! You should get on Tumblr then, sooo many septum pierced chicks... o.o
Coolio! Did the tongue hurt?