WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Genuine Evil said:
Tank207 said:
There are only 3 things I'd be willing to have carved into my flesh.

I heard that the boy scouts of America are actually quite an evil origination that was taken over by the hard core Christians.

Oh the national BSA council has got to be one of the biggest dens of zealous homophobic jerks I've ever seen. But not all of the troops follow their ideology. My troop was not like that at all.

I don't support the council, but that Eagle Scout rank is something I'm proud of because I worked hard through most of my childhood to earn it. And I learned a lot of valuable skills along the way.
Admittedly I think I heard that in a pen and teller episode so it may be all be bullshit ( hehe get it=D)
Indeed I do :)

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
I'm too chicken to have anything cosmetic done to my body.

If anything (and only if it'd be possible) it should be minor augmentations (like I dunno, maybe some kind of super-CCD chip on the retina to extend my sight into the infrared and ultraviolet parts of the spectrum).

philzibit

May 25, 2009
I have a skull wearing headphones on my right calf. When I get the money, I'd like to get the Atomic Wrangler logo from New Vegas under my left bicep; that or just a plain atom to represent my time in my current band, Dem Scientist.

Other than that, I don't have any other body mods. I've thrown around the idea of getting my ears gauged, nothing to big, but I've never committed to the idea, and I probably never will.

magnuslion

Jun 16, 2009
MassiveGeek said:
magnuslion said:
MassiveGeek said:
Been a while since I made a thread on here(and this has probably been made before but lol whatevs).

Anyway, I just got my first facial piercing ever, a septum. I don't plan on getting any other facial piercings for the moment, though I do want a tattoo right below my neck eventually.

So, Escapians, do you have any body modifications? Piercings, tattoos, whatever? Why/why not? And could you show the rest of us? :)

Here's mine:

first girl I have ever seen that a septum looked cute on ^.^ also: I voted other, because I have piercings and tatts. I have five tattoos and three piercings in my left ear, and my septum pierced. used to have my tongue pierced as well. :p
Aw, thank you! You should get on Tumblr then, sooo many septum pierced chicks... o.o
Coolio! Did the tongue hurt?
Naw, the guy who did it was in peace corps as a youngin, and he actually learned how to pierce from an african tribe. I actually had no idea it was even done. and he tricked me, he had me hold the clamp >.<

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
I have 2 tattoos, i'm thinking of getting a sleeve but I'm not sure as I'm leaving uni this year, and well i'm going to end up in an office. I'm not sure if i would be as employable with a sleeve tattoo, as i would probably want to wear short sleeve shirts at some point.

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
I voted none, because that's the real answer. I have experienced some involuntary scarification, though. I have two scars on my face.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Viirin said:
There are a few things you should worry about with tattoos, but they're pretty obvious:

1. Make sure it's a tattoo that is meaningful for YOU, make sure you want it there forever. Don't do something dumb like 'oh I like this thing at this time but my interest in it will fade in a couple hours' and get one of those tattoos. Have it mean something to you, something you never wanna forget. Because you won't.

2. Check out the tattooist's work. I can't stress this enough. If you need further encouragement to listen, then just google bad tattoos. Someone who is a terrible artist is not someone who should be tattooing.

3. Make sure your tattooist of choice runs a clean shop. Watch if its possible when s/he tattoos someone else. Make sure they use clean needles and throw them away each time. You don't wanna catch blood-borne diseases because the tattoo parlor is dirty.

4. Your tattooist should point this out themselves, but they should make sure you are NOT drunk, and have eaten and slept that day. The ink could make you sick if your health is jepoardized.

5. Ramifications. Make sure that the location you've chosen on your body for your tattoo doesn't impede your ability to get or keep a job. The United States Government says that soldier's bodies are government property and you will be charged for desecration of government property if you get a tattoo while in service.

6. Your nerves. Not your emotional nerves, but those matter too, of course. The more sensitive the nerves are where you want to be tattooed, the more it will hurt. A good tattooer digs deep so the tattoo doesn't fade hardly at all after many years. You won't want the tattoo directly over bone or sensitive nerves.

7. I'm not trying to turn anyone off off tattoos- I love them. I want more, and like seeing other people's. If you've taken especially preaution 6, then the tattoo won't feel any different than a soft paint brush gently rubbing against you. Unless it goes on for hours on end, which detailed tattoos and big tattoos kind of require.

Unless I'm wrong, "scarification" is an old type of tattoo. The skin itself is carved out, instead of ink being needled in. The resulting depression in your skin is the design. The body heals itself pretty well, but scarification can't heal. Think of it like when you carve wood with a chisel- but it's your skin.
Thanks for the explanation/clarification/warning. :)

I've thought about pretty much all of those things, and the only one I really think will be a problem might be the ramafications.
I was thinking about getting a tribal tatoo that covers my entire arm and goes shoulder and goes up a bit on my neck and down a bit on my chest and back.
I am also thinking about becoming a teacher... the two things might not combine so well. :p

Also my little sister has been taught by my step mother that everyone with tatoos is a criminal, and I'm an effing SUPERHERO in her eyes. So that is really why I'm a bit hesitant to actually go through with it.

Spineyguy

Apr 14, 2009
To be perfectly frank, I don't feel the need to go in for something as vain as a piercing or a tattoo, stretchers remind me indigenous tribes and 'scarifications' have got to be one of the dumbest ideas I can ever remember hearing.

I hate to sound like an cliché old-man (though it's becoming a habit these days), but once you get to the age of fifty or so and your 'badass flaming-skull-vines thing' starts going south, along with everything else, you'll probably wonder what possessed you to get it in the first place. Yeah, I know you can get tattoos now that fade after so many years, but I need to present a straw-man here.

So, people are more than welcome to mutilate themselves in whatever way they see fit, but I will be content with my intact body and my non-polluted blood.

When I clicked on the thread I expected to see one of those 'Dude, you can get, like, blades instead of feet, and they make you run, like, 10 times as fast, it'll be totally rad." threads (not sure why I used the 90s douchebag voice there).

Escapist...

I am disappoint.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Genuine Evil said:
Tank207 said:
Genuine Evil said:
Tank207 said:
There are only 3 things I'd be willing to have carved into my flesh.

I heard that the boy scouts of America are actually quite an evil organization that was taken over by the hard core Christians.

Oh the national BSA council has got to be one of the biggest dens of zealous homophobic jerks I've ever seen. But not all of the troops follow their ideology. My troop was not like that at all.

I don't support the council, but that Eagle Scout rank is something I'm proud of because I worked hard through most of my childhood to earn it. And I learned a lot of valuable skills along the way.
Admittedly I think I heard that in a pen and teller episode so it may be all be bullshit ( hehe get it=D)
Indeed I do :)
Cool
thanks for clearing that up for me

You're quite welcome. And thanks for the friendly responses. I was half expecting to get flamed for posting that picture.

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
I do have one tiny little lightning bolt on my hand a little below my thumb. The way I got it though was totally ridiculous. During nutrition as a freshman in high school, my friend just said he wanted to practice and asked if he could do so on my hand. I absent-mindedly agreed, and I didn't even realize he meant practice tattooing, (his dream was to be a tattoo artist), until it was time to do it; at that point I decided what the hay, why not. He actually did a pretty decent job considering that was 6 years ago and it hasn't faded very much, and considering he did it with a pin and the ink from a pen he broke open xD (though at least he did have rubbing alcohol on hand for sterilization purposes)

[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/photo097u.jpg/]

I am glad I went with the lightning bolt instead of the smiley face though <.<

In truth though, I am considering getting a "real" tattoo (as opposed to a prison, or in this case, school, tat). Actually, I've already decided that I'm going to, I just haven't decided what and where. I know for sure it will be related to wolves, because I've always felt a strong connection with them, and they pretty much symbolize everything I aspire to be. (Strong, loyal, loving, fierce). Currently I'm playing with the idea of having a pair of paw prints on my upper back, one on each shoulder.

I'm open to suggestions though if anyone has any good ideas :)

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
MassiveGeek said:
Riff Moonraker said:
MassiveGeek said:
Been a while since I made a thread on here(and this has probably been made before but lol whatevs).

Anyway, I just got my first facial piercing ever, a septum. I don't plan on getting any other facial piercings for the moment, though I do want a tattoo right below my neck eventually.

So, Escapians, do you have any body modifications? Piercings, tattoos, whatever? Why/why not? And could you show the rest of us? :)

Here's mine:

Everytime I see one of those it makes my eyes water. (I cant stand for anyone to mess with my nose, it probably has alot to do with my reaction) Did it hurt?

Myself, I have multiple japanese kanji on my body. I have warrior and survivor on my forearms... Teacher, power, sword, and War on my shoulder along with a fist, some lightning, and the Imperial and Rebel symbols from Star Wars all blended in... Discipline on what was SUPPOSED to be a frigging stone tablet just below that, but the dude goofed on the damn tablet part and it honestly looks to me like a cabbage, and I have a big scorpion on my other shoulder, because I am a scorpio.
Nope, it didn't hurt much at all actually. I was surprised too!

HAHA, are you going to leave the cabbage or are you planning to do something about it?
Not sure what to do about it, yet. I just ponder it every now and then... You see, its a lingering excuse to get another tattoo, so I want to keep that ace up my sleeve for now. ;)

Kais86

May 21, 2008
I'm waiting for actually good mods, like bionic arms that will let me punch through cars.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Plan on getting a total of 8 tattoos eventually, although 7 of them go together so it's more like 2 t. Other than that, i'm not really into the whole body-modification thing. Honestly, I find even excessive piercing to be a little abhorrent.

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
Riff Moonraker said:
Not sure what to do about it, yet. I just ponder it every now and then... You see, its a lingering excuse to get another tattoo, so I want to keep that ace up my sleeve for now. ;)
An ace on your sleeve more like *buh dum tsh*

Also, I wanted to mention, though I'd heard of it before, this thread inspired me to actually look up scarification, and holy cow... Some of the pictures in the image search and descriptions on wikipedia just make me shudder... Too extreme for my taste.