Poll: Borderlands 2: playing solo

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
w9496 said:
Playing solo as Axton and basically stomping all over everything at this point. If I think I'm about to go down, I just lay down my turret to help me get back up.
Wait what?

does this mean than the turret no longer disappears when you are down, and if it kills an enemy it counts as a Second wind (or however it is called in this game) for you?

If so, AWESOME! If not, well I suppuse its too good to be true. But it would be cool.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
aguspal said:
w9496 said:
Playing solo as Axton and basically stomping all over everything at this point. If I think I'm about to go down, I just lay down my turret to help me get back up.
Wait what?

does this mean than the turret no longer disappears when you are down, and if it kills an enemy it counts as a Second wind (or however it is called in this game) for you?

If so, AWESOME! If not, well I suppuse its too good to be true. But it would be cool.
That is precisely what it does.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
aguspal said:
w9496 said:
Wait what?

It counts as a second wind, but it seems to disappear sometimes for unknown reasons. It's really helpful when you get caught in a horrible position.

MiriaJiyuu

Forum Lurker
Jun 28, 2011
Co-op on PC with a fairly structured party. 1 Healing Siren, 1 Offensive Siren, 1 Commando and 1 Gunzerker. Each of us uses a different type of weapon, (the healer uses SMGs mostly, the Off. Siren is a sniper, Commando uses rifles and the Gunzerker is shotguns), and we all get first pick of that primary weapon, to avoid gun-stealing.

Corax_1990

May 21, 2010
I do both, use my higher level commando for co-op, me, my GF and two of my friends sat down and picked our class out of a hat the week before release and we finished the game last night, was pretty epic. I'm gonna go back through and solo it with Zero.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
I was going to go at it with friends, but since I have the flu, and therefore much more time on my hands than my friends, I go on it alone.

Gerwich

Nov 18, 2009
I played the first borderlands with friends, but they haven't got the new one yet, so I've been playing by myself.

Hisshiss

Aug 10, 2010
Vault101 said:
Hisshiss said:
I'm on 360, but its no different, if you use the matchmaking you can get into a game, but nobody talks at all, and you tend to just all scatter and get slaughtered then leave. When hosting with an open game absolutely nobody joins, ever. Again, exactly like it was in borderlands one.
hmm..so mabye its not just me

not everyone has mics...and even then I'm too shy to even use mine

the few randoms Ive played with we have stuck together as a team..its all luck of the draw anyway
Well I mean my mic is currently busted xD. Few months ago it had a suprise run in with one of my desk chair legs. Beyond that though yeah, you do just have to hope the teams work out, and Ive been too antisocial to try recently I guess.

Before he moved to california me and my best friend played every co-op game on earth together nonstop, so I literally went through my entire early gaming career playing random co-op with one wingman and 1-2 strangers etc, Im not used to having literally nobody you can count on to talk and cooperate >.<.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
My flatmate and I hosted a LAN party when it came out and sunk a good 15 hours into it over the weekend. It was amazing fun and we were all pretty decent with the loot-sharing, but I then played solo for another 15 hours and noticed something peculiar:

I was getting better loot.

The best thing I acquired in the LAN was a purple plinky spinigun that looked amazing (all gilded and shit) but was inaccurate and therefore useless. In solo I got some sort of Vladof laser rifle, a Jakobs explosive plinky gun (thus superior RoF to the Torque ones), dozens of Shotguns of Ruinous Horror and a rocket launcher that did 4000 damage all before level 20.

What's that all about?

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Still waiting for it to arrive with the mail, but I intend to play it solo just like I did with the first game. Was pretty unforgiving, though I suspect Mordecai wasn't ideal for solo play.
Was gonna play as Zer0, since I loved sniping so much, however I think I'll go with Axton(?) instead to have some survivability.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I prefer solo for exactly those reasons, but I have friends who play and I often play with them to get some extra levels and for some of the harder quests, so i play about half and half.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Somonah said:
2 things;

1. If you are playing to enjoy the Story, do not play it co-op, guaranteed you will lose track of it.

2. If you are playing for the story, don't play Borderlands 2.
uuuhhhh

what?

I'm actually pretty engaged with the story and the world right now. It was a vast improvement over borderlands 1...so I don't know what the hell your talking about

my only complaint (as I just found out) getting to somwhere hard to find on foot is fucking annoying with all the crap thrown at you..turning what should be a straight forward mission into a clusterfuck

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Mostly on my own. Let me insist on the "mostly" part of it.

I'm levelling up my Zero alone, and I intend to keep doing so. On the other hand, I'm not against picking up Maya or Axton with a group of peeps. So long as some form of communication is guaranteed and we can actually prevent the game turning into a hectic, albeit awesome mess.

I tried joining a multiplayer sesh with Zero, and lining up decent shots was hard as all Hell, what with three other players tossing the AI around consistently.

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
It's rare for all of my friends to be online at the same time, so we play Co-Op when we happen to be online and around the same level. I've been playing solo for about 4/5th of the time, coop 1/5th. We originally planned full co-op but that just wont work when we all have school and work. Still a very fun game.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
I played borderlands 1 co-op but borderlands 2 solo. It feels different and kind of sad sad when I realize I have too much loot to do any good with.