Poll: Breast feeding

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
ElPatron said:
I didn't even want to take part in this argument, but come on. Milk not being that unsanitary is a very fair point but hair isn't that unsanitary either, and we flip if we see a bunch of them floating on our soup.
If the breast milk is ending up in your soup, I think that someone is doing something wrong...

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Let them do it, who cares. If you seeing it bothers you then here's a thought, don't look, it's really that easy there's not much of an excuse to shun something that's as natural as it can get.

Faux Furry

Apr 19, 2011
If men don't need an excuse to take their shirts off in public (no matter how they look), there is no reason to prevent women from using their breasts for their primary biological function when they actually have a reason to do so.

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
RagTagBand said:
Let me pee outdoors, in public, without getting a fine and then we'll talk.
Wellll.. again, that isn't really an equal comparison. Urine is a foul-smelling waste product which you expel from your body. It can leave a messy stain, and the aroma lingers for quite some time (try walking through an underpass or a multi-story car park stairwell without having to hold your nose). Breast milk, on the other hand, passes directly from one human to the other, so there is no mess or offensive smell left over. It's pretty understandable why carrying out one action will get you a fine, and the other won't.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Skipper zammo said:
The "it's natural" argument really gets on my nerves. Pissing and shitting are natural, but people generally don't think that makes it OK.

It doesn't bother me really, but I think that it bothers some people should be enough to make people not do it in public. Since there are breast pumps and such there is no real reason why you would have to breast feed in public.

So just be a decent human being and don't needlessly make other people uncomfortable regardless of how irrational you consider their discomfort
True. By the same-thought-process as the natural argument, my whole body is natural therefore I should be able to walk around naked.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Why a woman wouldn't carry a bag with them at all times while with a baby for things like diaper materials and bottles of milk I see as either lazy or not-fit-to-be-good-mom, maybe decent-mom, but not good-mom.

Here's a question, what if your child urinates or poops and you have to clean the diaper, how are you going to do this without a bag carrying the essentials? And if you have a bag why don't you just bottle some milk and put it in the bag so that your child can also feed and your breasts don't have to be whipped out. What reason is there to breastfeed in public now with such portable stuff?

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
I don't see the problem, how can anybody even pretend to give a shit?

"Wow, that woman is feeding her helpless infant in plain view. I'm so terribly offended."

Yeah, still don't get it. Maybe it's because I have an easy disposition but I just can't see how it affects, literally, anyone save the mother and the baby. Of course, I'm a dude so my opinion differs from the actual mothers. Or at least my thought process.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
I don't have a problem with breastfeeding on principle(there's no reason I should). That said, I would certainly object if I was in a restaurant and some woman just started doing it in front of me. Making it illegal is going too far, but that kind of behaviour is in my opinion plain rude.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I really don't care.

Obviously it's preferable if its bottled, but babies are babies, and people get caught short.
If you're that much of a prude about seeing a baby's head covering a woman's tit, I'm surprised you can look at yourself naked without fainting. Seriously, you can't see shit anyway. (Trust me, I've tried.)

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I don't have any problem with it, but they should be discreet about it. Which, fair enough, everyone I've seen doing it in public has been.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Screamarie said:
I've always been for the allowance of breasts in public. I don't understand why women aren't allowed to go topless just like men are. It's not like you're whipping off your pants. Breasts are just flabby pecs (yes I know there's differences, but those are internal, not like you can see them) and if I have to look at Bob's man-boobs then my girl boobs shouldn't be that offensive. It's not a freedom I would probably take part of, simply because I'm too shy, but it should be my choice.

I'm especially offended by women not being allowed to breast feed in public. They're doing something natural and helpful to their baby. I've never heard a good arguement for why it can't be done in public.

I don't see how it's unsanitary, it's just a breast and milk, if it's THAT unsanitary then a woman wouldn't be allowed to feed by formula either.

I don't understand why people get in a tizzy if a child sees it. A breast is not going to jump out and attack them and it's not going to scar them for life.
I love you.

To further expand what you said, if it is ok for a child to see it's mother's breasts as a baby then why once they stop seeing them is it not ok? Is it suddenly going to scar them? And breasts are actually fat on top of the pec muscles but still. If men with larger boobs than I have can go topless in public, why can't I?

Why should we shame mothers who decide to breast feed? Yes some mothers breast feed and some mothers don't. Have a problem seeing it in public? No one is forcing you to look/watch. Also, MOST mothers I've seen breastfeeding in public usually cover the breast they have out with a blanket or a towel. So I don't see the big damn deal about it.

Edit: Also to those who say why not use a bottle/breast pump to put milk in a bottle, sometimes you wind up being out later than you planned whether it is from traffic or long lines somewhere or slow service or just something coming up at the last second that needed to be taken care of. Most women will have enough bottles to last for what they planned on doing IF they plan on using bottles. Some women don't. Sometimes the babies are allergic to what the nipples on the bottles are made of and the women don't make enough to special order bottle nipples that the baby isn't allergic to. So sometimes it isn't that they're just looking for excuses to breast feed (because not all women like it) sometimes it is a matter of necessity or their child doesn't get fed. Some places (ie: Disneyland where I used to work) have a place for mothers to feed their babies/warm up formula/change diapers/etc. MOST places however, aren't amusement parks and don't have those. Personally I wouldn't want to eat any meal in any public restroom out here so why would I tell someone that they have to feed their infant in one?

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
aprilmarie said:
Screamarie said:
I've always been for the allowance of breasts in public. I don't understand why women aren't allowed to go topless just like men are. It's not like you're whipping off your pants. Breasts are just flabby pecs (yes I know there's differences, but those are internal, not like you can see them) and if I have to look at Bob's man-boobs then my girl boobs shouldn't be that offensive. It's not a freedom I would probably take part of, simply because I'm too shy, but it should be my choice.

I'm especially offended by women not being allowed to breast feed in public. They're doing something natural and helpful to their baby. I've never heard a good arguement for why it can't be done in public.

I don't see how it's unsanitary, it's just a breast and milk, if it's THAT unsanitary then a woman wouldn't be allowed to feed by formula either.

I don't understand why people get in a tizzy if a child sees it. A breast is not going to jump out and attack them and it's not going to scar them for life.
I love you.

To further expand what you said, if it is ok for a child to see it's mother's breasts as a baby then why once they stop seeing them is it not ok? Is it suddenly going to scar them? And breasts are actually fat on top of the pec muscles but still. If men with larger boobs than I have can go topless in public, why can't I?

Why should we shame mothers who decide to breast feed? Yes some mothers breast feed and some mothers don't. Have a problem seeing it in public? No one is forcing you to look/watch. Also, MOST mothers I've seen breastfeeding in public usually cover the breast they have out with a blanket or a towel. So I don't see the big damn deal about it.

Edit: Also to those who say why not use a bottle/breast pump to put milk in a bottle, sometimes you wind up being out later than you planned whether it is from traffic or long lines somewhere or slow service or just something coming up at the last second that needed to be taken care of. Most women will have enough bottles to last for what they planned on doing IF they plan on using bottles. Some women don't. Sometimes the babies are allergic to what the nipples on the bottles are made of and the women don't make enough to special order bottle nipples that the baby isn't allergic to. So sometimes it isn't that they're just looking for excuses to breast feed (because not all women like it) sometimes it is a matter of necessity or their child doesn't get fed. Some places (ie: Disneyland where I used to work) have a place for mothers to feed their babies/warm up formula/change diapers/etc. MOST places however, aren't amusement parks and don't have those. Personally I wouldn't want to eat any meal in any public restroom out here so why would I tell someone that they have to feed their infant in one?
Yes I am quite wonderful. *smary smirk as I twirl my fake moustache.*

But to go with what you're saying, about the mothers hiding their breast as they breast feed, I don't think they should necessarily have to. Of course if they WANT to that's a totally different story and I can understand not wanting to have people staring at your breast.

But I just don't understand this fear of the breast. Why can't we look at? Because they're sexualized? Well pecs on a man can be sexualized. I know when I look at a hot guy playing basketball it can be very alluring, but it's MY problem to look away. It's I who has to not be a pervert and try to maintain some form of social graces and not stare at him like an idiot.

Because it seems awkward? Well you know what else is awkward? When a very large man takes off his shirt. It's not the prettiest thing you could ever see. You know Mike Meyers playing Fat Bastard? I've seen things very similar to that in real life. And it was awkward and not pleasant to look at, but did I go up to him and say "put it away"? No. Cause that's not my right. My right is to turn away, go away, or GET OVER IT and continue about my life.

There are SO many more important thing to worry about than breasts. Looking at the kid sucking on the boob didn't hurt you, it didn't leave you whimpering in the fetal position. Move on.

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
Maybe it's that we are so over-sexualised that seeing a breast in a non-sexual context upsets some people. Boobs aren't for feeding! They are for fondling!

And you shouldn't be feeding your child for free! You should be buying lots and lots of products! Breast pumps! Bottles! Sterilisers! Formula! BUY BUY BUY!

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Screamarie said:
aprilmarie said:
Screamarie said:

I love you.

Yes I am quite wonderful. *smary smirk as I twirl my fake moustache.*

But to go with what you're saying, about the mothers hiding their breast as they breast feed, I don't think they should necessarily have to. Of course if they WANT to that's a totally different story and I can understand not wanting to have people staring at your breast.

But I just don't understand this fear of the breast. Why can't we look at? Because they're sexualized? Well pecs on a man can be sexualized. I know when I look at a hot guy playing basketball it can be very alluring, but it's MY problem to look away. It's I who has to not be a pervert and try to maintain some form of social graces and not stare at him like an idiot.

Because it seems awkward? Well you know what else is awkward? When a very large man takes off his shirt. It's not the prettiest thing you could ever see. You know Mike Meyers playing Fat Bastard? I've seen things very similar to that in real life. And it was awkward and not pleasant to look at, but did I go up to him and say "put it away"? No. Cause that's not my right. My right is to turn away, go away, or GET OVER IT and continue about my life.

There are SO many more important thing to worry about than breasts. Looking at the kid sucking on the boob didn't hurt you, it didn't leave you whimpering in the fetal position. Move on.
Most of the women I know who do it, do it usually because half the time it happens they're outside and this being southern california it's usually sunny as fuck so it's more for the baby than anyone else.

And on the topic of fat bastard I've seen that and then some out here. There is not enough eye bleach in the world for the things I've seen with men without tops...And then when they get into speedos at the public pool...*shudders* That's when I start doing laps so I don't have to look at it. Personally I think speedos should only be used in swim competitions and swim teams. Public swimming I don't think they should be used....Especially since some men out here don't know how to properly size them so that y'know they don't wind up flashing everyone....I've stopped going to the public pool in the summers though so I don't have to deal with that problem anymore. Well that and the fact that all the girls out here have "perfect" bodies and I so don't...