Poll: Canadia

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Oh Canada, borders my home and native land. You've done some terrible things in the past, like burning down the White House (Yes, really, look it up) but nowadays you have a much friendlier, softer image.
What is the greatest thing Canada has contributed to our culture?

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
We've given you Yanks a lot of actors (Hollywood is disproportionately Canadian), but we also keep the bagpipes and curling alive and well, even more so then the Scots.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'm not from Canadia, but I will speak for them.

Because 'Merica, and that's how we roll. *****.

Rush. They're awesome and they put out some crazy technical music that just rocks my socks.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Maple syrup, a better bacon, Jim Carrey, intense friendliness and hospitality, Redlin, Marter and that really nice guy from Vancouver I met the other week (in no particular order).

Souplex

Jul 29, 2008
Barbas said:
Redlin and Marter.
The point of this thread is to argue for the continued existence of the Red Menace, not against it.
Barbas said:
Maple syrup.
Forgot about syrup (I personally find the stuff too sweet and sticky) but I added a poll option for you.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Souplex said:
Oh Canada, borders my home and native land. You've done some terrible things in the past, like burning down the White House (Yes, really, look it up)
Hey, that was the British. We just held off the Americans poorly thought out invasions. Then, the English troops who burned Washington didn't get the message that the war was over and wandered down to New Orleans.

Anyways, stuff that Canada has given the world. Well, me, obviously. I demand satisfaction.

Souplex

Jul 29, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
Souplex said:
Oh Canada, borders my home and native land. You've done some terrible things in the past, like burning down the White House (Yes, really, look it up)
Hey, that was the British. We just held off the Americans poorly thought out invasions. Then, the English troops who burned Washington didn't get the message that the war was over and wandered down to New Orleans.
It was Canadians on behalf of the British.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Souplex said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Souplex said:
I'm pretty sure it was British Regulars. When the extent of the American threat was realized, the British Empire sent veteran troops from the Peninsular War to Canada to bolster the Canadian Militia and mount a counteroffensive into the States.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Soviet Heavy said:
Souplex said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Souplex said:
I'm pretty sure it was British Regulars. When the extent of the American threat was realized, the British Empire sent veteran troops from the Peninsular War to Canada to bolster the Canadian Militia and mount a counteroffensive into the States.
I don't know, the British never took the war too seriously even by the end of it (hell the reason the US government surrendered was because of the fact that 95% of the British armed forces where no longer tied up in Europe in a war they considered more important). Most of the war had militia as the bones and meat of our fighting forces. Though it is funny how half the US was openly defying the federal government with refusals to fight, refusing to allow the army to enter their territory, and trading with the UK.

Souplex

Jul 29, 2008
President Bagel said:
The poll lacks options for: Poutine, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, and blah. We also invented basketball, which to me is better than hockey.
Terribly sorry. Added a poll option for Poutine.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we invented Basketball. Also I'm pretty sure George Washington Carver invented peanut butter.

Trude

Nov 26, 2012
Speaking as a Canadian and putting aside that Hockey was not invented here, my vote is for Rush.

Apr 25, 2009
Pretty much all of my favourite music and people come out of Canada.

For example: Loading Ready Run and Crystal Castles

It's also fucking beautiful, I have a poster of a Canadian mountain range above my desk right now. It's on my bucket list to go there one day.

Canada > America anyway, speaking as an outsider.