Poll: Canadia

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Canada is like America's friendlier, much cooler brother. It's all plaid and beardy, and likes decent music:
That's it. Hipster America.

THM

Sep 27, 2014
I'm going to say coming up with the treatment for diabetes.

Well, that and Standard Time.

EDIT:

And Swiss Chalet.

And Tim Horton's.

And Harvey's Hamburgers.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
They are slowly infiltrating Hollywood in order to take over the US' entertainment system from the inside, and they will control the youth of America to take on the world!

So yeah, Canada's pretty awesome.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
THM said:
Swiss Chalet, Tim Horton's, and Harvey's Hamburgers.
The only one of those I'm familiar with is Tim Horton's. Their donuts are slightly better than Dunkin's, but substantially worse than the Old Dirty Diner's.
What are the others?

Jan 27, 2011
MAPLE SYRUP.

Speaking as a Canadian, this is our greatest contribution to the world! :D

Souplex said:
You've done some terrible things in the past, like burning down the White House
YOU GUYS DESERVED IT! YOU invaded US first! XD

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Scrolling through the thread and only Jim Carrey, really. Sorry Canada, I don't think I'd notice if you weren't there.

But as long as you're happy with yourself, everything is fine!

Mimic

Jul 22, 2014
I do love maple syrup. It's not wrong to drink it from the bottle right? I'm trying to imagine how exactly poutine tastes .. can't quite get there yet. I also like how you guys spell things correctly ;)

THM

Sep 27, 2014
Souplex said:
The only one of those I'm familiar with is Tim Horton's. Their donuts are slightly better than Dunkin's, but substantially worse than the Old Dirty Diner's.
What are the others?
Swiss Chalet - excellent restaurant, mostly about rotisserie chicken

Harvey's - burger joint where you get to specify what you want in terms of toppings

Tim Horton's donuts aren't perfect, but they're definitely better than Krispy Kreme's - they have some new flavour out (cappuccino), and I swear the donuts are the size of child-sized cupcakes. :)

Alex Baas

Dec 2, 2011
I live in Canada and work at a gas bar owned by a regional union that is supplied by a national union. I get paid over $12/hour regularly and get paid over $13/hour on Sundays and weekdays past 6pm. I work outside all day in the cold and wind. Last march the temperature was -20 degrees Celsius and you know what we all did? We took off our coats and worked the rest of the night in bare sleeves. It got to -30 with the windchill and I was sweating. After work I went straight to the rink near where I work to play left defence. I went home and listened to 2112 on vinyl then went to sleep.

As for what justifies our existence: Canada became a nation to spite you yanks.