Poll: COD: YAY OR NAY

chopperman

Jan 17, 2010
I loved Cod until black ops where lag killed the whole fun part of the online play and since they will never fix it I say they can go fuck themselves

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Sixcess said:
the Taliban[/s] generic foreign terrorists. I much prefer my targets to be the hordes of hell or aliens or similar, and if I must fight Nazis then I want them to be supernatural Nazis with doomsday devices. As a result I tend to skip all the CODs, MoH and anything with Tom Clancy's name attached to it.
Fair point...

Wolfenstein? (The new one) :p

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
I started playing them from No 3, the only good one for me was 4, but it was increadible, so i picked meh.

UnderCoverGuest

May 24, 2010
Meh for the most part, but covering the entire series, I went ahead and said Nay, since my opinion rests solely upon Call of Duty 4.

Other than that, I'm not interested in WWII games, and MW2 and Black Ops are just run and gun arcade fests designed for killing virtual players, time, and brain cells. Fun for certain occasions, but I prefer greater intellectual riggers in my games.

So, accounting only for the Call of Duty games I've played, I'd say I enjoyed about 24% of the entire Call of Duty series...so, 'Nay' I guess.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
No_Remainders said:
Wolfenstein? (The new one) :p
Haven't played the newest one - the reviews don't exactly inspire confidence - but Return to Castle Wolfenstein was a blast - like Where Eagles Dare meets Resident Evil.

Femaref

May 4, 2008
Polls like this makes me want a default option for user created polls: "this poll sucks".

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Nope.

I gave the series one last chance with Black Ops. It proceeded to hit me in the balls with a sack of crap.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
I said meh, just 'cos I'm not really YAY!

I loved COD4, and MW2 does hold some fond memories...but Black Ops is terribly meh.

The series is good, though. Just not amazing.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
Loved COD 3 just because i could drive around in a jeep with a machine gun mounted on the back, the more recent ones are also fun, particularly killing zombies in WaW and BlOps

Wolfe90

Jan 1, 2011
Nope, never been a fan of call of duty. Don't like the community or the same generic gameplay each game brings. To me call of duty is and always will be the same game with a different name.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Yay, but not a very strong one. I've always enjoyed the games, but there's always been annoying parts to them, too. CoD4? Martyrdom, Last Stand, etc. WaW? Dogs, flamethrowers, dogs, tanks, dogs. MW2? The entire MP was a test to see who could be more unfair. BlOps? FUCKING DOGS!!!!!! Also the campaign REALLY lost steam after the first two levels, that and I just hate the unlock system. Sad to say I'm probably going to trade it in. Probably would have stayed with it if Bad Company 2 hadn't come out, but really, that game is what I always wished CoD MP was.

Spectre4802

Oct 23, 2009
YAY!

Each game has a fairly big flaw with it, but for the most part it's a damn good series.

[Treyarch, please make sniper rifles high damage again. Two shots with everything but the L96A1, and even then it's not garunteed? That's bullshit, and way too underpowered for a sniper rifle. And whats even worse is the brutal combination of FUCKING DOGS and A GODDAMN CHOPPER GUNNER. Also, using that on Nuketown should be outright banned. Talk about a cheap way to win.]

[Nazi Zombies is damn fun though.]

Ivan Torres

Sep 27, 2010
Call of duty 4 was amazing and innovative. Call of duty 5 was 4 but in WWII so I guess it was okay. MW2 and BLOPS inherited COD4's gameplay, but everything else sucks. In other words, meh.

Oh yeah, and COD 1, 2, and to a lesser extent 3, are pretty awesome.

heavy-metal-ink

Dec 10, 2009
Loved CoD4 to pieces, both single player and multi, but i was sorely disappointed with WaW and MW2, didn't even bother with Black Ops.
The controls and visuals are great but the story is pretty weak, and the way its forced down your throat everytime you mention videogames just turns me off it sadly. They should give it a year off and really work at the story, But i guess thats too much to ask when they can just repackage the same game with a few new weapon skins and maps.

DerpyDerpyDerp

Mar 27, 2009
I prefer my multiplayer a little more weighted like Killzone 2. Therefore I voted meh because I don't think they are bad, just not my taste.