ranyilliams

Dec 26, 2008
COD 1-2: never played
COD 3: YAY!
COD MW: NAY!
COD WAW: NAY!
COD MW2: YAY!
COD BO: YAY!
thats why i picked meh...some i love some i cant play without hating my life.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
As much as I'm sure many people would disagree with me, it's the most fluid, fast paced, twitch based shooter on the market. The majority of the haters are just jumping on the 'it's cool to hate popular things' wagon.
Oh yes, because it's absolutely flawless and all hate can only be justified with "lol its popular."

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
They are just so flawed in so may ways, and if you are host, you win, plain and simple.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I've played it twice, once drunk once sober. I had fun but I've enjoyed other games more. I've watched it being played a fair few times too and I don't really see what's so amazing about it.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
I haven't played 1 or 3, but I love all Call of Duty games. They are the Die Hard of video games. They aren't very innovative, special, or artistic. But there are very few games that even approach them in terms of wild and wacky shoot-em-up, blow-em-up, mindless destructive fun. They put all their effort into polishing very imaginative executions of cliche action tropes, and don't apologize for it. I wish that games would push the envelope and innovate more, and the games that do innovate deserve a lot more success, but despite that, CoD certainly deserves to be popular.

snoopy7393

Mar 9, 2009
The general opinion is very interesting on the Escapist.(w00t)
I put the same poll on IGN a week ago and the feedback was a landslide for "Yay". The only people to say "Nay" were boo'd off the interent by the village trolls. I love this site.

keep up the good work guys.

XD

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
Pretty good, I can't play it everyday like some people I know though (in fact maybe once a week at most and I've never hit presteige level 2)

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
only thing i hate about these games is all the hype and all the people who pretend to hate them just because they are popular. i say nay to your stupid poll #573.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
I love COD, despite all of its flaws that make me mad.

Why?

It's the feel of how it plays. The 60FPS, fluid controls just feel better to me than any other shooter and keep me coming back to it like an abusive ex I can't stop having amazing sex with.
This is the greatest answer I've seen.

Yes. This.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
the singleplayer is fun but WAY to short
PS and fuck the multiplayer EVERYBOD has the BFG9000 while I,m still stuck with a NERF gun

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Ivan Torres said:
Ironman126 said:
Sixcess said:
Meh. FPS is my favourite genre by far, but 'realistic' military shooters bore me. I'll take escapism (Wolfenstein) or serious realism (ARMA II) but life's too short to waste time in the middle of the road.
snip
Its an opinion, I am actually better at flying air vehicles in Arma 2 than in BF2. I'm assuming you've never seen richie speeds videos?
Sure, my statement about the vehicle physics is an opinion, but i've seen better AI and weapon ballistics in games for 2004. AI that know EXACTLY where you are, regardless of the fact you are in a Gillie suit, motionless in bushes, over 300 meters away? No, real people would never know that. And bullet physics. What a joke! A .308 (7.62 NATO) round does not drop out of the air after 200 meters when fired at a 30 degree angle to the ground! It drops at closer to 5 klicks. I suppose also that a main battle tank (M1A2 Abrams) cannot survive 4 or 5 HEAT RPG rounds, despite the fact that there have been cases in the Middle East where they have survived more than 15 direct hits? That's my issue with the so-call "military simulator" that Arma 2 claimed to be. From a purely fun standpoint, Arma 2 leaves a lot to be desired. Poor UI, bad AI, a hilariously bad voice "acting" system, it's just not a well thought out game. But, i'm done with my rant. If you like it, more power to you. I'll stick with less ambitious games until i know someone gets it right.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
Nay...

It REALLY use to be a hardcore YAY... but I'm just sick of it.

Battlefield is really the future of FPS. CoD's mechanics still reward camping and the tiny maps/unrealism really destroy any immersion.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
I love COD, despite all of its flaws that make me mad.

Why?

It's the feel of how it plays. The 60FPS, fluid controls just feel better to me than any other shooter and keep me coming back to it like an abusive ex I can't stop having amazing sex with.
This is the greatest answer I've seen.

Yes. This.
Why thanks you... I think anyone who plays COD understands the feeling.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
henritje said:
the singleplayer is fun but WAY to short
PS and fuck the multiplayer EVERYBOD has the BFG9000 while I,m still stuck with a NERF gun
It doesn't take long to unlock the FAMAS. You'll be fine once you do.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
snoopy7393 said:
The general opinion is very interesting on the Escapist.(w00t)
I put the same poll on IGN a week ago and the feedback was a landslide for "Yay". The only people to say "Nay" were boo'd off the interent by the village trolls. I love this site.

keep up the good work guys.

XD
While recently there has been quite a bit of flaming and trolling on this site, in general the discussion value is great. Glad you're enjoying it here.