Poll: COD: YAY OR NAY

Ivan Torres

Sep 27, 2010
Ironman126 said:
Sixcess said:
Meh. FPS is my favourite genre by far, but 'realistic' military shooters bore me. I'll take escapism (Wolfenstein) or serious realism (ARMA II) but life's too short to waste time in the middle of the road.
This is totally off topic, but how is Arma 2 even close to realistic? The ballistics engine was atrocious, the User Interface was difficult to use, at best, at worst it was like the game was punching my eyes, the voice acting, or "voice patch" communication, whatever they call it, was... actually really hilarious, the AI were either retarded (your team) or god-like (the all-knowing enemies), the ground vehicles handled like someone put syrup all over the steering mechanisms, and the air vehicles... oh hell, don't even get me started. If they weren't acting like 8 people were trying to fly them in 12 different directions, then helicopters were shooting down super-sonic jets. I suppose they get points for trying, but since when does just trying make an awesome game?

OP: CoD is a "meh" series for me. I loved CoD2, hated 3, liked 4 and W@W, hated MW2, and find Blops extremely average. Blops is totally uninspiring in every way.
Its an opinion, I am actually better at flying air vehicles in Arma 2 than in BF2. I'm assuming you've never seen richie speeds videos?

Estocavio

Aug 5, 2009
Nay.
Games that have you running around shooting things all day have never, and never will, interest me in the slightest.

theironbat46

Aug 19, 2009
Yea its good. I've only played WoW,MW2,and Black Ops.The best is Black Ops. Then WoW. Then MW2. I've only played with friends on WoW, still fun. MW2 frustrates me. Black Ops, its awesome. Zombies, friends, bullets. And it's all FAIR. Count me in. But.... BAD COMPANY 2 FTW. And until you can get in a helicopter online with three other people, fly across huge maps, tearing stuff up, then being exploded in a blaze of glory in COD, I will not change my mind.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Call of Duty 2, MW, MW2 and Black Ops were good. The best by far was COD2, so the series looses points for having made its best title a little over five years ago. Overall, still probably "yay" though for the series.

Fiery Killer

Dec 25, 2010
Every time a new Call of Duty comes out I end up buying it for some reason and then get bored of it within the same week of purchase, and never touch it again. So I say nay.

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
The singleplayer games have always been fantastic. I don't really play multiplayer games so that's not really an issue for me.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
A big MEH from me. I don't hate it but I find it pathetic they've hardly done anything through the entire series, same shit over and over as we all already know.

e2density

Dec 25, 2009
Priced high yet still dead in 1 year. Not value, IMO, especially with the lack of developer support the game seems to get.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
I consider it to be a good game, but at the same time anything which is released again with a 2 tacked on with little to no improvements and yet sells like hot cakes, as they say, bothers me... though I know I'll likely be disagreed with, I stand by what I said.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I've played all but 3 and Black Ops, and after World at War they went down the toilet. Enjoy playing? Ehh, single player is decent (Russian half of WaW is amazing). Online is annoying with all the noob campers and difficult now since I reformatted since the last time I played. I did that with CoD4 a year or so ago and I got kicked/banned from so many servers because I was level 1-4 and killing level 55's with an MP5. Not like the levels mean anything besides how many weapons/perks you can use...

Hopefully Homefront will be the next online shooter I can enjoy... I need one again... :/

elbrandino

Dec 8, 2010
I love COD 2 and COD 4 was decent I thought. WAW is one of my favorites. As for MW2... it's the one that turned me off of the entire franchise.

Kenny Kondom

Oct 8, 2009
I do like them. always have and im guessing always will. I find the gameplay realistic (apart from the whole 'your screen gets covered by vimto if hurt' thing) and the storylines, although farfetched, are amusing, and follow the same sort of lines i have in my favorite books.
But the best had to be COD 2. the story was lacking, sure, but you played in different theaters of war, and the multiplayer was reasonably well balanced with powerful long range rifles against short range, no aiming required weapons. But the other games have their appeals to them too.

fates_puppet13

Dec 20, 2010
meh
its ok
but its campaigns are repetative
and multiplayer is a load of shit sputing monkeys why are in denial that they've stopped having fun

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I don't like them anymore. It's basically just the same game again and again at this point.